• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Tomas Classico Toro...crappy

Jstone

In an average week, I'd say that I smoke around 3-4 cigars. Having said that, the economical smoke is usually not for me. I like to view cigars as a reward system. I'm sure most of us do. By general rule of thumb, I typically avoid the under $5 per stick crowd. Nevertheless, today, I tried my very first Don Tomas Clasico Toro.

The first draw of the cigar left a bit of a spicy aftertaste in my mouth with an overlying mild earthy quality. The quick burn of the cigar was the first undesirable trait that I could identify. About 1/4th of the way into this stogie, I began to realize that the medium spicy taste permeated everything, bringing about the absence of the earthyness that was notably present when I first lit the cigar.

About half way through, I started to wonder why I had chosen to smoke it in the first place. The remainder of the smoke brought about the introduction of a certain sourness that did little to compliment the spice. I really struggled to finish this one and now have a lousy chalky taste in my mouth. Definitely not for me. Who else is agrees?

Hello and welcome to CP. How about going to the introduction forum and telling us about yourself?

I smoked one Don Tomas Sungrown or something or other once. No thanks.

I had the one that comes wrapped in tissue. No thanks.
For you wise guys....Yes I took the tissue off first
sign.gif

Welcome to CP

Hummm, I thought they tasted like dirty gym socks wrapped in aluminum foil lol