• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Donations for Tasman

Hey guys, I'd love to get in on this as well. In fact, let me see if I can get the guys at my law firm involved too! Tell me, is there a local hub where we can meet and put all our cigars together and send it in one large package? I feel that'd make the logistics easier plus give an excuse to herf! Let me know... I can even help set up the event!

There will be a HERF at the Monrovia Doubletree on Thursday, July 17.

What do you think guys? Shall we aim to put together a basket of goodies at this herf? BTW - July 17 at what time?

Hey guys, I'd love to get in on this as well. In fact, let me see if I can get the guys at my law firm involved too! Tell me, is there a local hub where we can meet and put all our cigars together and send it in one large package? I feel that'd make the logistics easier plus give an excuse to herf! Let me know... I can even help set up the event!

There will be a HERF at the Monrovia Doubletree on Thursday, July 17.

What do you think guys? Shall we aim to put together a basket of goodies at this herf? BTW - July 17 at what time?

I'm lucky to get the LA Crew to settle on a date this far in advance, and you want a time?? Have ye taken leave of yer senses, man? :laugh:

Keep an eye on the Herf thread. I'm sure that as the date nears, we'll get a time set up.

Package for Tasman is ready and will be shipped to sonuvabum(once I lug the beast to the P.O.). I want to say thank you again to Sonuvabum for handling the logistics. But mostly I want to say.

God Bless Dean

God Bless The Rough Riders

God bless all of our troops

Dean I hope you and your unit can smoke these sticks and put these items to good use. You and your unit and all your families will be in my prayers. I will update tomorrow with a DC#

Best Regards
Don

Package for Tasman and his unit is on the wayto Sonuvabum via U.P.S. tracking number is as follows

1ZR33W470373581452

I also want to thank Gtadroptop who PM'ed me today to add sticks but the package was already sent but still a great gesture.

Again thanks to Sonuvabum for stepping up anh handling of the logistics great job.

Dean I hope you and the Rough Riders enjoy the stuff and your in my thoughts and prayers always.

Best Regards
Don

Package for Tasman and his unit is on the wayto Sonuvabum via U.P.S. tracking number is as follows

1ZR33W470373581452

I also want to thank Gtadroptop who PM'ed me today to add sticks but the package was already sent but still a great gesture.

Again thanks to Sonuvabum for stepping up anh handling of the logistics great job.

Dean I hope you and the Rough Riders enjoy the stuff and your in my thoughts and prayers always.

Best Regards
Don

gtadroptop, you can send the sticks over to me. We're putting together a box for Tasman's unit at the Monrovia HERF on July 17. If I do not end up being the shipper, I can put them in the box for shipment to the unit.

1ZR33W470373581452

Best Regards
Don

gtadroptop, you can send the sticks over to me. We're putting together a box for Tasman's unit at the Monrovia HERF on July 17. If I do not end up being the shipper, I can put them in the box for shipment to the unit.

Awesome another great gesture :thumbs:

Best Regards
Don

My new local B&M donated a couple of sticks to include in the package (very classy thing to do for a new customer).

Thanks for the offer Sean, but aren't we sending to Sonuvabum?

My new local B&M donated a couple of sticks to include in the package (very classy thing to do for a new customer).

I think there are a few groups putting stuff together for Tasman.

Best Regards
Don

Either way is fine....

We need to be careful about how much stuff gets sent at one time, especially with cigars. He only has so much space to work with. If anyone else decides to send a package, if you would just drop me a PM so I can have an idea of the volume, and keep track.

Thanks again to all who are participating.

Gary

My only preference for sending it to Sonuvabum is that it's possible to cut a day of shipping time from here to Texas as opposed to California, but that's also not necessarily true with USPS. The important thing is to get it to Tasman. Sean & Gary, just let me know who to send it to, please.

Either way is fine....

We need to be careful about how much stuff gets sent at one time, especially with cigars. He only has so much space to work with. If anyone else decides to send a package, if you would just drop me a PM so I can have an idea of the volume, and keep track.

Thanks again to all who are participating.

Gary

Gary,

If it turns out that we have to hold back on a package, I think I've got the beads and cooler space to store it for a few months while the stock in-the-field is consumed. I'll PM you when Danforz and I have our package set up.

Sean

my gift for Dean is i added him to the OpFTH shipping lists at the top and next to get boxes.. Enjoy and thanks for your service again!!!

1ZR33W470373581452

Best Regards
Don

Just got back in the office today. Package received in moderately good shape. Box was crushed but everything survived.

Very nice gesture Don!! Good selection of goodies in there.

Saturday, July 19th, we will be re-boxing these items along with other donations we have for mailing to the troops. Anything sent to me specifically for Dean will be forwarded directly to him. I'll post pics when I get a moment.

It's not too late to send me something for either Dean or some of the other guys. Boxes will fly July 21-22. Hopefully they will land by month end.

Gary

My only preference for sending it to Sonuvabum is that it's possible to cut a day of shipping time from here to Texas as opposed to California, but that's also not necessarily true with USPS. The important thing is to get it to Tasman. Sean & Gary, just let me know who to send it to, please.

Got your stuff in here loud and clear. Box was in good shape. We'll pack it up next week for delivery.

BTW....you're supposed to send Dean HIS favorite sticks, not send Dean MY favorite sticks. ( j/k ;) )

Oh wait, they're the same thing!! Dean, I never realized what good taste you have in cigars!!

Freakin U.P.S. crushed the box. I am happy that everything survived. I am glad I packaged the smokes in a separate box inside the box.

Again God Bless Dean and the Rough Riders and all of our troops.

Best Regards
Don

Hey guys! Great job you're doing!!

Just wanted to give a heads up to those of you packing non-cigar items. Here are some sought after items.

1. Disposable tubes of eye drops are a very desirable item over there!

2. Handwritten letters from home. Pick 3-4 people to write a letter each and xerox several copies for multiple shipments or future shipments. Or rotate every couple of shipments 3-4 people to write a letter each then xerox them and send a handful of letters each shipment thereafter. Remember to encourage, encourage, encourage!! And Pray for them and let them know you are praying for them.

3. Unscented bug repellant (lotion) and suntan lotion (combination tubes are great)

4. Unscented baby wipes

5. Tampons

6. Razors

7. Sports, Cars, Finance, GQ, mags for guys.

8. Woman's Day, Fashion (no naked pics), People, Family Circle for the gals.

9. Shaving cream in a tube (no aerosols)

10. Anti-fungal cream (foot and jock itch) ???

11. Batteries for their electronics!

12. Phone cards so they can call loved ones

13. Spices - at the $1 store you can buy ready made spices like Caribbean Blend or Garlic-Lemon-Pepper Blend, Spicy Chili Blends

14. And canned food that has an easy access top (Chili, Chunky Soups, Tuna to go packs, Ravioli, mini cans fruit)

15. Prepackaged little packs of cheese & crackers or peanut butter & crackers

16. Crystal Light type drink mixes (for individual 8 - 12 oz bottles - the little packets you pour into the bottles) NO SUGAR BASED ONES - it dehydrates their bodies

Helpful Hints:
1. Don't mix any toiletry items with cigars or food items (the smell will seep into everything and ruin the other items).

2. Don't send shampoo - no matter how it's packed it will be totally squashed and dripping everywhere by the time they get it.

3. NO chocolate or melt-able candy. Good luck with gum as well, I've heard negative and positive remarks.

4. NO scented toiletries at all - it attracts the bugs!

4. Have fun while you're doing this!! Whatever you send will be appreciated and if they can't use it, they will bard-er and trade with someone else for what they want! ;)

Hope what I've oftered up helps a little for first timers! Both Preembargo and Smitty have more suggestions I'm sure, if you need them! And Dean, of course, can always tell you what's on his priority list (CIGARS :laugh: :laugh: ). :thumbs:

Bargogirl

Thanks for all of the hard work!

Gary definitely the same! :p

:D :D

Just a couple of more pics!
DSCN0300.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

Goofing off as usual. :D I'd expect nothing less!!

:sign:

Good to see you my friend.

Gary