• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Done, thanks, need time off.

Um, no! I think 7 in a 24hr period was the most I've smoked, and my buds were pretty fried for the next week plus. I can't imagine 10 in 11hrs. Seriously, don't smoke anything for about a month and hope they come back.

3 cigars on a Friday evening is plenty for me. I can't imagine smoking 10 in 11 hours. You might check with Guinness to see if you are the record holder for an 11 hour period. :) And even my 3 cigars change my taster.

edit for spelling

Still can't taste much of anything. This is really bothering me. I took several days off... Still only faint nots of taste.

Have you tried a cigar that was not from that humi?

Yes, I tried an Oliva V from a different humidor.

Just faint taste.

I'm currently dry boxing Room 101 LTD...

I really apologize for all this crazy talk, but I don't know where else to turn. The "worn out palate" theory seems to fit. But I've smoked quite a few cigars before during a day and was fine the next.

Thinking about dropping the 72% packets in favor of 69% and go from there.

This is really aggravating and puzzling.

I got some free Opus for whoever "fixes" me.

You're the doc, can you help?

Haha. No advice here. I can't imagine the humidity would be causing this. Smoking them too fast or hot maybe? I don't know

Some possible solutions:

1) Clean out your sinuses
2) Take a 10 day smoke rest - taste buds are replaced every 10 days (see this link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysgeusia)
3) Lipoic Acid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste_buds

Good luck! Don't smoke those Opus until you get your taste back!

I'll break out the Neti Pot tonight. I really don't want to wait 10 days, but I'll see what happens.

Thanks buddy.

And thanks Doc, it's cool. (not smoking hot or fast)

Some possible solutions:

1) Clean out your sinuses
2) Take a 10 day smoke rest - taste buds are replaced every 10 days (see this link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysgeusia)
3) Lipoic Acid

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Taste_buds

Good luck! Don't smoke those Opus until you get your taste back!

I'll break out the Neti Pot tonight. I really don't want to wait 10 days, but I'll see what happens.

Thanks buddy.

And thanks Doc, it's cool. (not smoking hot or fast)

USE DISTILLED WATER!!!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/12/19/143960631/second-neti-pot-death-from-amoeba-prompts-tap-water-warning

Looks like I need to take a few days off. My taste buds have to be shot.

Are you on any medications?

I've had a few issues over the years with dead taste buds, and in all cases it was related to medication.

eta: Also, does your food taste bland too? Using more salt? I.e., is it just cigars?

Are you able to to taste other things such as food, or is it just the cigars that are bland? As with an earlier poster, I don't think it's related to the humidity but then again I don't know what else it could be. Did you recently start any new medications?

On the 23rd, I was given at least 8 cigars which I smoked in a 10 hour period.

On the 24th, I tasted a horrible Opus...

25th was a horrible Oliva...

26 was my "tasteless" Shark.

27th I was up at the smokeshop, nothing tasted good at all.

28th tried again... Nothing.

29th, same.

30th took the day off, and the same yesterday.

Lit up an Oliva V today... The first puffs, I thought my taste was back, but it was just tasteless.. Felt the zing blowing through my nose, faint traces of flavor... Small Room 101 LTD lit up after that, just horrible.

My humidors are all at 67-70% with Boveda packs.

The temp is 68-70*

I was told that I may have "palate fatigue"

Its really weird... I taste foods just fine, smell is right on the money.

No new medications...

Nothing changed...

Was told a timeout would help out a lot... So I thought I'd quit until Friday.

This hasn't happened to anyone else?

OpusX still up for grabs if you can help resolve this with something other than rest... (I.e. If there is a problem I'm overlooking)

If cigars aren't tasting good to you right now, why are you smoking so many? Take a week off, minimum.

If cigars aren't tasting good to you right now, why are you smoking so many? Take a week off, minimum.

I'm gonna take some time off.

I know this all sounds erratic and crazy, but it's very puzzling that I can taste everything but a cigar.

I men, if I couldn't taste anything, I'd have stopped a while ago, but it's almost a guessing game of when or if my taste will return.

I've gotten so involved in the hobby it's almost scary to me knowing that if I light cigar, its going to have zero taste.

So if I can't taste cigars in a week, then what?

Guess I can't worry.... But Ive Googled and can't find anything, so I kind of feel alone on this.

Just worried is all.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm coming off as crazy town.

- Mike

29th, same.

Lit up an Oliva V today... The first puffs, I thought my taste was back, but it was just tasteless.. Felt the zing blowing through my nose, faint traces of flavor... Small Room 101 LTD lit up after that, just horrible.

The temp is 68-70*

No new medications...

Nothing changed...

OpusX still up for grabs if you can help resolve this with something other than rest... (I.e. If there is a problem I'm overlooking)

29th, same.

The temp is 68-70*

No new medications...

Nothing changed...

I think your cigars are just broke. If you send them to me I can fix them. I'll send you some nice tasty acids and swisher sweets. Maybe you'll taste something with those...

Haha, I wish it was the cigars... Then id know what was wrong.

No deal on the Swishers though ;)

I've had this happen before, mainly when I have a cold or stopped up sinuses. I could taste food OK (or at least thought I could) but I couldn't taste cigars. I smoked 2 in a row and quit because what was the point? I think it 5 or 6 days before my cigar palate really came back. I think it was just a stuffed up head.