• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drawers in my wineador and boveda?

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
i just ordered my drawers for my wineador and I got to thinking about air flow for each drawer. I currently use an oasis but I am going back to beads because I don't feel like the oasis it keeping up like it should. I was thinking 2 lbs of beads on the bottom and a boveda pack in each drawer. Has anyone else taken this approach?? I thought tunes of beads but I feel like the tubes are hard to get saturated evenly without it being damp enough to leak some drops of water once put back in the drawer.

Thanks for your two cents in advance.

My question would be how the boveda packs and beads "mix"? Assuming of course that you are using distilled in the beads and the boveda packs are the pre-set type...not sure what they use in those but I would but it isn't distilled.

As for tubes of beads, not sure why a few drops of distilled leaking would matter unless leaking directly onto a cigar. Of course there must be a way to saturate a tube without a bunch of water leaking out...so many people use them in their humis and travel humis, etc.

My question would be how the boveda packs and beads "mix"? Assuming of course that you are using distilled in the beads and the boveda packs are the pre-set type...not sure what they use in those but I would but it isn't distilled.

As for tubes of beads, not sure why a few drops of distilled leaking would matter unless leaking directly onto a cigar. Of course there must be a way to saturate a tube without a bunch of water leaking out...so many people use them in their humis and travel humis, etc.

In my Whynter Wineador I have been running a box of 65% Bovedas as well as Heartfelt 65% beads. My humidor will always be reading a constant 64-65%. I have not noticed any negative affects of using both in unison.

I attempted beads and boveda packs in my wineador but the RH outside the unit was too low and it made the RH inside drop to about 56%. Had to switch to active humidity and left the boveda packs in. Now it's a solid 69%.

There was no issue in the summer/fall with using boveda and beads for me.

It's pretty amazing what seasonal fluctuation will do. I can basically turn off my active humidifier during the summer months and just rely on the cabinet and its contents during the mid/end summer months.

Last edited:
Hello, my wineador uses beads and I do have some Boveda packs in drawers. 2 lbs of beads is what I read guys have. I have more simply because I used some from desktops that are not being used. Mine has 2% higher humidity at the bottom than the top. When it was new it was 5% difference. I use tubes and bags for beads. I do not spritz them I dunk them in dw, then they go on bottom plastic. You can't do all of them as they can't absorb moisture once dunked. That is winter behavior. Summer here there is nothing to add dw to. Lots of guys use fans in the wineadors to move air. You may like the Oasis for that reason but beads are so simple. I hate humidors being big maintenence.
Mine is a newair 280, does not hold a lot of boxes but with drawers it hold a large amount. I currently use 4 drawers and two shelves. There is so much more Spanish cedar in a drawer that helps stabilize it over shelves.