• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Drink pairing along with CIGARs

Coachmagee

When you read certain magazines, they always compare certain SPIRITS along with different CIGARS. I wanted to start a thread to see what beverages (beer, wine, etc.) do you drink along with your cigars... :thumbs:

Not really an original idea around here. If you search you'll find a number of threads with people's recommendations. However, I'll play. I like coffee, coke, scotch, rye, and most liqueurs with my cigars. I avoid any drinks that are acidic or have tannins.

Doc

Anything in my liquor cabinet ( bourbon or scotch) with anything in my humidor

Anything in my liquor cabinet ( bourbon or scotch) with anything in my humidor

This. :thumbs:

Although I'll add aged rum, good port, Calvados, and espresso to that list. Mixed drinks, however, I think tend to detract. Neat, rocks, or GTFO.

~Boar

I had my first taste of this with some cigars this weekend thanks to Tim (MX). I never would have guessed it was an apple brandy. I generally don't like brandy, but this stuff was very smooth and had a great (basically whiskey-like) taste from the oak casks. Highly recommended. :)

This weekend I had bourbon, irish whiskey (Greennore), calvados and beer with my cigars. Add rum, scotch, other whiskeys, coffee, water and (very rarely) pop the list, and that's what I like to pair. :D

I like a good strong oily IPA with my cigars, such as Victory Hop Wallop.

Also like Coke Zero, Iced Tea or water with lemon or lime.

I don't pair drinks with cigars; rather just drink what I feel like drinking and let the cigar impress me all on its own.

I had my first taste of this with some cigars this weekend thanks to Tim (MX). I never would have guessed it was an apple brandy. I generally don't like brandy, but this stuff was very smooth and had a great (basically whiskey-like) taste from the oak casks. Highly recommended. :)

I was just talking to an older acquaintance who spent/ spends a lot of time in France and he insisted I try this stuff. He was appalled that I hadn't heard of it. I can't seem to find anything beyond Apple Jack in the PA state stores, though. I may have to start looking a little more actively.

Always enjoy this pairing:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9844]

Always enjoy this pairing:

I actually have one of those beers (thanks to TallPaul) and one of those cigars in my possession right now. I might have to try that combo tomorrow night.

I enjoy Irish Whiskey or Scotch most often with of without cigars. The cigar just enhances the experience. Makes me go to a nice warm place. ^_^

Honestly when I smoke a cigar I usually go for something non alcoholic. I love coffe and espresso with my smokes and lately my go to beverage hs been ginger ale

Old thread resurrected, eh...?

My usual drink with a cigar is an A&W Diet Rootbeer. If it's in the evening, or I know I'm not going out, I like a pint or several of Guinness. I'm not a big liquor drinker.

My preference is to drink Guinness Draught or Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier.   From a non-alcoholic perspective, I enjoy Coke Zero and an Arnold Palmer (lemonade/iced tea) with my cigars.

Frank

Lots of suggestions out there old and new, but like Doc, I'll play along.

Robc300 turned me on to Dr. Pepper a long time ago, just seems to go well. Coke always does the trick as well. However if it's alcohol, then I like something nice and dark or Makers Mark on the rocks.

JD on the rocks
Sweet Tea
Corona- With a good stogie it hits the spot. Haven't figured it out yet.
Not necessarily in that order.

Johnny Walker Blue (but 98% of the time it's JW Black);
Jack Daniels Gentlemen;
Bacardi 8 Anos;
Coffee (Green Mountain Black Magic);
Snapple Peach Tea (Don't knock it until you've tried it);

Edited due to crappy work browser not displaying correctly.