• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Droid X

WOO HOO!!! Android OS 2.2 showed up this morning and I've got to say I like having 2 extra app screens. I also like that they made the browser and phone apps part of the menu at the bottom. No need for those widgits anymore! Now I can wait a little more peacefully until next year when i can get an upgrade.

Mine has the 2.1 version and it had the option for the 7 screens. I just use the 5 for now. Since this phone is a lot my advanced than my last phone from 2006. I do love playing with the Barcode Scanner while shopping. :laugh:

I've had the X since the day it came out. I couldn't be happier. It runs smooth and fast. Love the screen size, the swype typing, recording in HD, and a update at the end,of summer to get flash... Among lots more options its a great phone.
And its real easy to root. If you go to alldroid.org there is a one click app. to root via computer..
:0 You're ALIVE!!! How the heck are ya?!?

I'm on my 5th BB in a year and every one has been complete crap since the first week.
Dave, I feel your pain. On number 4 for me, and I just got the white screen of death two days ago. Looks like it's time for a 5th. :angry:

Soulman, this is the first time I agree that you and your Avatar look exactly like each other. Amazing. :0 :laugh: :0 :p :p :p :p :p

My storm is driving me more more insane every day. It may be Droid X time soon!!!

I feel your pain! I really want to root my phone. But, it definitely makes me nervous. The Droid X isn't supposed to receive the 2.2 update until September.

I would just root it considering you might get some functions locked out by your carrier. You should also be able to unroot it and flash it back to stock firmware. Just make sure you sync and backup your contacts beforehand. :)

WOO HOO!!! Android OS 2.2 showed up this morning and I've got to say I like having 2 extra app screens. I also like that they made the browser and phone apps part of the menu at the bottom. No need for those widgits anymore! Now I can wait a little more peacefully until next year when i can get an upgrade.

Dave, 2.2 just came down on the original Droid? Pretty cool. Us Inc owners have been waiting to see it ever since the last conference when they said "early august". I think we will be lucky to get it by december but who knows? The longer I wait the more I'm tempted to root and just get it anyways, but my phone is working good so I don't want to risk messing it up.

That sucks. I have a feeling you'll get it sooner, but I'm not going to go promising anything either. ;) I'm not tech savvy enough to root anything. I still haven't rearranged my screens yet, but I really liked the fact that none of my apps went away. I was expecting to have to re-upload everything. It was a very pleasant surprise when I didn't need to.

.- -. -.. / .. / .-- .- ... / .--- ..- ... - / --. . - - .. -. --. / ..- ... . -.. / - --- / - .... . / - . .-.. . --. .-. .- .--. .... .-.-.- / -.. --- -.-. .-.-.-

.- -. -.. / .. / .-- .- ... / .--- ..- ... - / --. . - - .. -. --. / ..- ... . -.. / - --- / - .... . / - . .-.. . --. .-. .- .--. .... .-.-.- / -.. --- -.-. .-.-.-

Doc, how long did it take you to da dit dit all the morse stuff. Hope you were smoking a 9 inch churchill. Now I gotta go decipher what ever the heck you said. . . . - - - . . .

Adjusted the morse so you could read it (you are a P-I-T-A Doc). :p

AND I WAS JUST GETTING USE TO THE TELEGRAPH. DOC

I've had my EVO for about a month now and the thing screams! The Android Market has an app for anything. Super fast download and install...and just as quick uninstalling something if you decide you don't like it. Comments from iPhone users have been..."speech to text? Really?"..."that thing has better game graphics than my TV"..."a keyboard app to make texting easier/faster? I can't seem to find that app for my iPhone". I love my Droid... :thumbs:

Sorry to bump, but I made some big improvements and wanted to share... If you check out the droid forums, since installing Froyo, I have installed Birdman's custom Rom: FlyX, and edited my build.prop. My phone is running real smooth, battery lasts over a day, no lag in unlock bar.... It was easy to do, installed all through Rom manager, must be @ 2.2 Froyo and rooted.

Sorry to bump, but I made some big improvements and wanted to share... If you check out the droid forums, since installing Froyo, I have installed Birdman's custom Rom: FlyX, and edited my build.prop. My phone is running real smooth, battery lasts over a day, no lag in unlock bar.... It was easy to do, installed all through Rom manager, must be @ 2.2 Froyo and rooted.
I need to do this, but don't quite know if i can or take the time. I got a droid for cheap to last me for a while. Sooo much better than a blackberry.

I need to do this, but don't quite know if i can or take the time. I got a droid for cheap to last me for a while. Sooo much better than a blackberry.

Droid1 or Droid X?

BTW just a heads up, the Droid 1 with flip out keyboard is selling anywhere from $200-$300 on sleezebay.. enough to sell and buy a DX.. But the process is so easy..

Droid1 or Droid X?

BTW just a heads up, the Droid 1 with flip out keyboard is selling anywhere from $200-$300 on sleezebay.. enough to sell and buy a DX.. But the process is so easy..
Droid 1. Got it for 150 bucks to get rid of my BB. I'd love to root it eventually.

I'm am so glad to see a big following of Android based phones on here! I have the Vibrant from T-Mobile. I've been a fan of anything Android since the G1 came out. I'm probably going to root my phone this weekend and put froyo on it. I've been hearing about these ROM's that are already out for it. Has anyone noticed a significant performance difference after upgrading to 2.2?

So is this the first official rom out for DroidX?

Yep that was the first and early this morning another one was released.. I think its called tranquility?????

Anyone play wordfeud on their phones? I am addicted to this game. Add uglybrumski.

Looks like I can't root with the version I have on my droid and I would have to flash to a previous one? Seems difficult....