• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Droid X

Marine6186

...oh you want me to say something.
Hey everyone. I have been pretty busy the past month. Vacation in Disney, signing up for classes, looking for jobs and all that good stuff.

Anyways, I just received my Droid X Wednesday and all I can say is WOW. This is my first smart phone and I couldn't be happier. It is very easy to use. I spent about $15 on app upgrades and widgets to give it the look that is has.

I have not rooted it because I am kind of nervous. I am not as savvy as I thought I was and it took a lot of research to do some of the things I have done to my phone.

Here are some screenshots. They are in order from left to right (you can have up to 7 home screens but I only have 5)
droid5-1.png

droid4.png

droid1.png

droid2.png

droid3.png

If you have the opportunity to get this phone I would definitely do it.

Any questions feel free to ask there is just to much to list it all.

A buddy of mine owns a Verizon store, and I got to play with his when he got it before the release. It made me sad that I had just gotten my Droid, even though I love it, the new one is sweet. I'll just take solice in the fact that there will be something newer when I'm eligible for a discounted upgrade next year.

Lol, yeah my brother just upgraded to the droid so he was jealous when he saw that I had this one.

I finally purchased the T-Mobile® myTouch™ 3G 3.5mm Jack - Black phone on Tuesday. I purchased a smart phone back in 2006 and finally retired it. One of the things I hated about the old one was using the number pad for letters. This isn't a problem anymore. And this phone I have been playing with since I got it in order to figure it out. Since it is a Android phone. I just called to start the paper work where I can unlock it for changing out SIM Cards and she said she was jealous that I have it. Naturally she doesn't have it and asked how I liked it. I said I loved it. One of my best purchases. :thumbs:

I love my Incredible. They are activating close to 160,000 phones a day. That is incredible.

DROOOOOOOIIIIIDDDDDDDD!

I'm still on the fence between the Droir X and the new iPhone. I currently am rocking a Blackberry Storm and it is utter crap. Freezes up all the time, etc. I am eligible for an upgrade at the end of March, and I heard through the grapevine that Verizon was going to be picking up the iPhone in January?

Anyone used both the Droid X and the new iPhone that can offer their opinions?

Just made the jump into the smartphone category last week, and picked up the Droid X through Verizon. I had a chance to play around with a friends' I-Phone 4 and that also helped me make a decision. I chose the Droid X because of the larger screen, sometimes I don't have my glasses near me when I need to read something.

When I asked him why he went with the Iphone 4 (he was comparing the Droid X too), the topic of contract came up. He got the new one, gave his wife the older one and that was the route they took.

Although the app market for Android is smaller than for the I Phones, so far everything I want to have on a smartphone is there in the Android apps.

Battery life is shorter, but I have chargers even when I go on duty, so charging it daily isn't a problem for me.

Sorry for the threadjack, congrats on your new Droid X Marine6186 :thumbs:

I'm still on the fence between the Droir X and the new iPhone. I currently am rocking a Blackberry Storm and it is utter crap. Freezes up all the time, etc. I am eligible for an upgrade at the end of March, and I heard through the grapevine that Verizon was going to be picking up the iPhone in January?

I've played with the Iphone 4 and I have the Droid X. The Iphone is really cool. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything with the Droid X though. As was stated above, all the apps I need are in Google Market and it's growing fast. When the original Droid came out in November, there were about 10,000 apps. Today there are over 70,000 and I expect Google to crest the 100K mark before year end.

Facetime is really nice, but it only works over WiFi. IOS 4 is multitasking, but it will start closing apps if the resources are exhausted. I think the screen might be a little better on the Iphone, but the Droid X screen is excellent plus it's larger. I can sync with Itunes now so that's pretty cool.

Three years ago there was nothing that compared to the Iphone. Android devices now are pretty damn close. I think now it's really just a matter of preference and network.

Whether the Iphone comes out for Verizon in January is a mystery.

I'm with you on this, as I currently can't decide between the DROID X and Verizons iPhone that comes out December/January. I have the Motorola DROID.......LOVE it, but am pretty equally impressed with the new iPhone, too.

I've yet to play around with the 'X', so that's why I'm mainly still on the fence. I'm going to have to REALLY like one of them, as I'm not eligible for an upgrade for a year or so. It'll suck paying full price for it, but if it's something I really want, then it'll be worth it to me.

Jeffrey L.

I really think your decision to pick between the DX and IP4 is going to come down to personal preference. I mean there really isn't much an IP4 can do that a DX can't and vise-versa.

The IP4 has a front facing camera, DX doesn't. The DX has a monster screen, IP4 doesn't.

You can't really trust the reviews online because I feel like 99% or them are biased.

So you guys that are still on the fence flip a coin. Both Are great phones.

I still wouldn't give up my DX for a POS IP4 :thumbs:

Sorry for the threadjack, congrats on your new Droid X Marine6186 :thumbs:

I don't consider that a thread jack. No worries!

Thanks for the info guys! I read up a little more on the VZW iPhone rumor, and it seems like that rumor has surfaced once or twice every year since 08', so the validity of the news is suspect. Oh well...

...I read up a little more on the VZW iPhone rumor, and it seems like that rumor has surfaced once or twice every year since 08', so the validity of the news is suspect...

Exactly. Truth is, it's very unclear when the exclusivity agreement between Apple and AT&T ends. It could be that VZW will have the Iphone around January, and it could be that it doesn't happen until some time in 2012.

I've had the X since the day it came out. I couldn't be happier. It runs smooth and fast. Love the screen size, the swype typing, recording in HD, and a update at the end,of summer to get flash... Among lots more options its a great phone.
And its real easy to root. If you go to alldroid.org there is a one click app. to root via computer..

I've had the X since the day it came out. I couldn't be happier. It runs smooth and fast. Love the screen size, the swype typing, recording in HD, and a update at the end,of summer to get flash... Among lots more options its a great phone.
And its real easy to root. If you go to alldroid.org there is a one click app. to root via computer..

my x is coming today. Was going to wait until the 2.2 release to root but may just go ahead and do it with the one click. I'm on my 5th BB in a year and every one has been complete crap since the first week.

Facetime is really nice, but it only works over WiFi.

If you jailbreak your iphone, you can run an App called "3G Unrestrictor" or "My3G" which will allow you to use Facetime over 3G... Or any app that insists on running only on Wifi.

:0 You're ALIVE!!! How the heck are ya?!?

I'm on my 5th BB in a year and every one has been complete crap since the first week.
Dave, I feel your pain. On number 4 for me, and I just got the white screen of death two days ago. Looks like it's time for a 5th. :angry:

my x is coming today. Was going to wait until the 2.2 release to root but may just go ahead and do it with the one click. I'm on my 5th BB in a year and every one has been complete crap since the first week.

Yeah, I was going to wait for 2.2 as well.

:0 You're ALIVE!!! How the heck are ya?!?

I'm on my 5th BB in a year and every one has been complete crap since the first week.
Dave, I feel your pain. On number 4 for me, and I just got the white screen of death two days ago. Looks like it's time for a 5th. :angry:

Verizon let me upgrade early. Told them I was on my 5th phone in a year and would rather pay the early termination fee than have another bb. They made an "exception"