• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Droid X

I've had the X since the day it came out. I couldn't be happier. It runs smooth and fast. Love the screen size, the swype typing, recording in HD, and a update at the end,of summer to get flash... Among lots more options its a great phone.
And its real easy to root. If you go to alldroid.org there is a one click app. to root via computer..
:0 You're ALIVE!!! How the heck are ya?!?

I'm on my 5th BB in a year and every one has been complete crap since the first week.
Dave, I feel your pain. On number 4 for me, and I just got the white screen of death two days ago. Looks like it's time for a 5th. :angry:

Verizon let me upgrade early. Told them I was on my 5th phone in a year and would rather pay the early termination fee than have another bb. They made an "exception"

REEEEALLLYYY..... Hmmmm...

I've had the X since the day it came out. I couldn't be happier. It runs smooth and fast. Love the screen size, the swype typing, recording in HD, and a update at the end,of summer to get flash... Among lots more options its a great phone.
And its real easy to root. If you go to alldroid.org there is a one click app. to root via computer..
:0 You're ALIVE!!! How the heck are ya?!?

I'm on my 5th BB in a year and every one has been complete crap since the first week.
Dave, I feel your pain. On number 4 for me, and I just got the white screen of death two days ago. Looks like it's time for a 5th. :angry:

Verizon let me upgrade early. Told them I was on my 5th phone in a year and would rather pay the early termination fee than have another bb. They made an "exception"

REEEEALLLYYY..... Hmmmm...

of course I had to pay $299 with a $100 rebate. My pos bb is going for around $150 on ebay so I'm ok with paying a $50 difference to get away from the bb.

That is fantastic news.... I need to try that. I have the storm as well and am going insane with it. Maybe I'll go into the VZ store this week and say I'll just cancel if I can't upgrade. :thumbs:

That is fantastic news.... I need to try that. I have the storm as well and am going insane with it. Maybe I'll go into the VZ store this week and say I'll just cancel if I can't upgrade. :thumbs:

Then we can be Droid X BFFs! :sign:

I had to cal verizon to get something done. Tried going in the store and they could care less.

I had to cal verizon to get something done. Tried going in the store and they could care less.
Ahh good point. I may wait until a newer phone comes out. I hear they are upgrading the processors in them and such. Meh

I've had mine for about an hour now and all I can say is wow.

That phone is insane isn't it! I would suggest getting an app that helps save your battery (I use the free version of JuiceDefender). The 1st day I had my phone the full charge only lasted a couple hours.

If you want some good customization of your phone download launcher pro.. It is an awesome application. also check out fancy widgets app.

Thread jack: Whats up Soulpup? Im still here got bit in the ass but the family bug.

Souldog....you can't get rid of your storm!!! Nooooo!!!!

Oh wait....I did. lol But you don't want the droid x...you want the INCREDIBLE!!

Anyways, my opinion of the X and the EVO are just based on their size....too damn big for me. I feel like I am holding a tablet pc to me head trying to talk on those things. The Incredible is more iphone like in shape and fits better for me. The only issue I have with it is that battery life can be a pain. This is fixed by either having multiple batterys, and /or larger capacity batterys which they do make. As for accesories...well it would be nice to have some better car dock and desk docking options, but at the breakneck speed verizon was pushing out android phones, the incredible has seem to be an afterthought in that area.

As for email, i'm not sure how the others compare but the inc does a great job with gmail, and its pretty decent with comcast/yahoo/hotmail as well. I think the strength of the email on all android phones is gmail, so hopefully you use that. Exchange server support isn't the best either, but I think there are apps out there that can help with that.

I am in a debate now if I should get the Incredible or wait a few months til they come out with a new version that is similar to the Inc style of phone. I don't want one with a slide-out keyboard or anything. May be worth waiting for, especially since they have not even come out with 2.2 for the Inc.

Ben, I think there is one coming out called the fascinate or something like that, not sure when or who makes it though.

I was just over on the phone forums and they are mixed in review of the inc. Its like on one side of the fence you have me and a ton of others who have had pretty much no problems since day one. On the other side you have people that are on their 6th one. I know at one point they did have a screen shortage but I thought that was fixed. It may not be as some seemed convinced its the shortage that is allowing subpar units to make it out into the wild.

I am very happy with mine. They have root access now so you can get 2.2 on the phone but I am waiting for the official. Another option might be trying to pickup a used one from ebay or cl. This way no contract and you can still "wait" for the next best thing to come out. Then get that and resell the inc.

Ben, I think there is one coming out called the fascinate or something like that, not sure when or who makes it though.

I was just over on the phone forums and they are mixed in review of the inc. Its like on one side of the fence you have me and a ton of others who have had pretty much no problems since day one. On the other side you have people that are on their 6th one. I know at one point they did have a screen shortage but I thought that was fixed. It may not be as some seemed convinced its the shortage that is allowing subpar units to make it out into the wild.

I am very happy with mine. They have root access now so you can get 2.2 on the phone but I am waiting for the official. Another option might be trying to pickup a used one from ebay or cl. This way no contract and you can still "wait" for the next best thing to come out. Then get that and resell the inc.
Yeah I've heard a lot of split comparisons on it as well but it looks like a great phone. I am just chocked how expensive these things are still going for without a contract! I for sure can't afford to buy one outright, so maybe I'll keep playing the waiting game on the next device. Thanks for the heads up!

WOO HOO!!! Android OS 2.2 showed up this morning and I've got to say I like having 2 extra app screens. I also like that they made the browser and phone apps part of the menu at the bottom. No need for those widgits anymore! Now I can wait a little more peacefully until next year when i can get an upgrade.

I got the HTC Hero the other day. Its incredible.
Does any body know of a humidor app?
I would like something to track my smokes

If you want some good customization of your phone download launcher pro.. It is an awesome application. also check out fancy widgets app.

Thread jack: Whats up Soulpup? Im still here got bit in the ass but the family bug.

I love launcher pro. If you look at my screen shots I have launcher pro running. Great app!

WOO HOO!!! Android OS 2.2 showed up this morning and I've got to say I like having 2 extra app screens. I also like that they made the browser and phone apps part of the menu at the bottom. No need for those widgits anymore! Now I can wait a little more peacefully until next year when i can get an upgrade.

Dave, 2.2 just came down on the original Droid? Pretty cool. Us Inc owners have been waiting to see it ever since the last conference when they said "early august". I think we will be lucky to get it by december but who knows? The longer I wait the more I'm tempted to root and just get it anyways, but my phone is working good so I don't want to risk messing it up.

Dave, 2.2 just came down on the original Droid? Pretty cool. Us Inc owners have been waiting to see it ever since the last conference when they said "early august". I think we will be lucky to get it by december but who knows? The longer I wait the more I'm tempted to root and just get it anyways, but my phone is working good so I don't want to risk messing it up.

I feel your pain! I really want to root my phone. But, it definitely makes me nervous. The Droid X isn't supposed to receive the 2.2 update until September.