• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dry Boxing

My experience with Padron is they are so well made, they don't need a dry box treatment. The question; "...have you EVER had a plugged Padron..??..". My answer is no. Can't see how it'd hurt, but not particularly beneficial. One guy's opinion...

My experience with Padron is they are so well made, they don't need a dry box treatment. The question; "...have you EVER had a plugged Padron..??..". My answer is no. Can't see how it'd hurt, but not particularly beneficial. One guy's opinion...
Seems like science to me.

Has anyone come across a cigar that does not like being dry boxed? I
I’ve been looking for the perfect dry box for my seegars. Can you recommend one? Asking for myself and a friend.

Floyd T

I received a box of Cuban cigars which were horribly plugged. They were a nice box code but were all plugged ..... every single one. The vendor replaced the box which was cool.

I wondered if any of these could be saved as they ranged between badly plugged to sucking on a wooden stick. I cut them all so I could test the draw and they have been in a 62% box for a month and still not smokable.

I'm curious if 58% would help, I'm curious if they are already history after a month at 62%, I'm curious how an entire box is plugged like this?

I received a box of Cuban cigars which were horribly plugged. They were a nice box code but were all plugged ..... every single one. The vendor replaced the box which was cool.

I wondered if any of these could be saved as they ranged between badly plugged to sucking on a wooden stick. I cut them all so I could test the draw and they have been in a 62% box for a month and still not smokable.

I'm curious if 58% would help, I'm curious if they are already history after a month at 62%, I'm curious how an entire box is plugged like this?
This is why everyone should have a Perfect Draw tool…

Makes me question why the box code is referred to as good. Have there been other boxes coded the same that justify it? I mean you said the whole box... that's pretty unusual for any code imo.

I took one of the ones that you could draw through slightly and, with a perfect draw, took out enough stuff to make a small cigar.

These will be going in the trash. I got the draw to be acceptable but it just tasted like a dried out cigar.

Question : I'm using a travel humidor(otter box) to dry box. I have one or two 62% boveda's in there. They have remained soft for months, so I know the seal is spot on.

Do you guys open your dry box every so often to let out the "extra" moisture? I ask because the plastic won't absorb it, the foam won't, and if the packets are soft, they prolly won't either. Where does the humidity go?

I had a stick in there for a week or so, lit it, and it still had a bit of "mush" feel at the foot. Thoughts?

Floyd T

Question : I'm using a travel humidor(otter box) to dry box. I have one or two 62% boveda's in there. They have remained soft for months, so I know the seal is spot on.

Do you guys open your dry box every so often to let out the "extra" moisture? I ask because the plastic won't absorb it, the foam won't, and if the packets are soft, they prolly won't either. Where does the humidity go?

I had a stick in there for a week or so, lit it, and it still had a bit of "mush" feel at the foot. Thoughts?

Floyd T
I have an OtterBox in my golf bag that kind of turns into a dry box. I don't put any bovedas in there, just fill it when it gets empty. I've had good luck with it