• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Duke Nukem retired

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
duke-nukem.jpg

3D Realms shuts down; Duke Nukem Forever on track for… never?

Too bad. I used to play duke nukem on DOS. The whole game was saved on ONE floppy disk! lol

I really amazes me how they didn't get shut down sooner. They had Duke Nukem Forever in development for like 12 years now.

Too bad. I used to play duke nukem on DOS. The whole game was saved on ONE floppy disk! lol

Remember when it went to five disks, Duke Nukem 3D. Great game.

Yep, that game rocked. I was in High School when that came out. Thats all we did was play that game when we were in the Computer lab.

I have the add on Duke it out in DC still. And the PS1 version. I may have to pull it out for old time sake. Where's th RPG and chain gun when you need em?
duke.gif

How about
doomlogo.gif
?
doom4.gif
doom2.gif

That is sad to hear. I lost a lot of hours of my life playing Duke 3D deathmatch over a modem connection with my buddies at the time. Ahhh...the good ol' days...lol :laugh:

It was bound to happen. Maybe when the economy comes back up Konami or Nintendo will buy them out and bring it back.

Not surprising. Everyone assumed it was vaporware for the longest time, this just reaffirmed that. Sucks though, I was very surprised when they announced that it actually was still in the works. I should have known it was too good to be true. :(

That sucks! I too lost hours of my adolescent life playing this on an old machine... That and Wolfenstein 3D.

Alright, you just cracked a major part of my high school years ... FPS's; me and my buds used to write Duke 3D custom maps with BUILD and craft all kinds of mods. Once in awhile I still deathmatch Doom 2 with the Skulltag client.

The last video game console I bought was the Nintendo Gamecube :laugh:, I don't really keep up with the newer stuff, but am a die/hardcore fan of the classics, besides why play the new when I can play NES, SNES and Genesis on my Cube? :love: :blush:

Nick

Duke, Wolf 3d and Doom were all classics. I ended up being more of a hardcore Quake guy myself. Not Quake 2 or tournament, but the original. Filling up a full computer lab and having a 16 people deathmatch round instead of doing your computer work was priceless!

What about the movie option?

Call me rare! Where ya been, Marc?

Teaching, taking classes, burning several hundred pages of a manuscript, all while trying to stay alive.

Pace got a little too much for me. I'm still around, though I'm not able to contribute much given the time constraints.

How ya been, Bruce.

Fuggin career stuff always seems to get in the way. I keep buying lottery tickets.