• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dumb Question...

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
Ok here goes. I have a small desktop humi. Very small (think 15 cigars). I decided the other day to salt test my digital hygrometer...its a cheap one (no calibration). I ran two tests and both came back at 70%. So I know its reading 5% low.

After recieving some cigars in the past day or so, which I've been storing in my travel humi, I decided to put them in the small desktop one last night. So I check this morning and the reading was 65%.

So this leaves me wondering. If I assume that the meter holds at a steady 5% low, then does this mean I am at 70% when reading 65%? Or does this mean that its 5% lower than 65% and I'm actually at 60%?

Sorry my brain isn't working...I think I need more coffee.

Might as well be pissing in the wind....................Order your self an adjustable digital hygro, and stop the guessing. Never trust an analog.

Ok here goes. I have a small desktop humi. Very small (think 15 cigars). I decided the other day to salt test my digital hygrometer...its a cheap one (no calibration). I ran two tests and both came back at 70%. So I know its reading 5% low.

After recieving some cigars in the past day or so, which I've been storing in my travel humi, I decided to put them in the small desktop one last night. So I check this morning and the reading was 65%.

So this leaves me wondering. If I assume that the meter holds at a steady 5% low, then does this mean I am at 70% when reading 65%? Or does this mean that its 5% lower than 65% and I'm actually at 60%?

Sorry my brain isn't working...I think I need more coffee.

The answer's always 14!

(your final answer is correct)

Might as well be pissing in the wind....................Order your self an adjustable digital hygro, and stop the guessing. Never trust an analog.

It is a digital, its just one thats not adjustable....

If it reads 65%, it's actually 70% given your stated margin of error.

It is a digital, its just one thats not adjustable....

Whoops, my bad. I skipped right over that and somehow thought you posted analog. :blush:

The salt test creates a 70%RH environment.. you're hygrometer is spot on in this case

Edit: sorry creates an environment of 75%RH my bad!