• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

E.P. Carrillo seleccion oscuro

JoeGibs

I came across a deal for these this morning, but can't find much information about them on the forum. The brand has a great reputation with a lot of high rankings from CA, but I haven't tried anything from them yet. Given how much cigars from this brand typically cost, would it be a good idea to buy a 10 pack for 35 bucks if given the opportunity?

I would say a couple things:
  1. I haven't had much experience with CA in a while because their ratings were always based solely on how much advertising a company did in their magazine.
  2. Since that cigar sells for $8 - $9 in reliable places, I would go for it.

I am very 50/50 with that brand personally but that doesn't speak to your tastes what so ever. 10 cigars for $35. At 3.50 a stick I don't get why you didn't just order them to try them already.

I am very 50/50 with that brand personally but that doesn't speak to your tastes what so ever. 10 cigars for $35. At 3.50 a stick I don't get why you didn't just order them to try them already.
Because I haven't built my new humidor yet and I don't have anywhere to put them lol. As for my tastes, I'm fairly green, still trying anything I can get my hands on and trying to keep a journal of what I liked. (which you guys flamed me for having a Gurkha on that list) 🙃

Because I haven't built my new humidor yet and I don't have anywhere to put them lol. As for my tastes, I'm fairly green, still trying anything I can get my hands on and trying to keep a journal of what I liked. (which you guys flamed me for having a Gurkha on that list) 🙃
LOL we only flamed you about it so you remembered not to buy them again. Buy the 10 ct and put them in a tupperware container with a Boveda bag

As said, don't put too much stock in CA's rankings, but I recall liking the EPC Oscuro sticks that I've smoked in the past. Like Chad said, for $3.50 a cigar, it's worth the shot.

welp, I passed on the EPC deal, doesn't sound like they live up to the reputation that CA makes them out to be. I had asked about CA before, as to whether their ratings were legit or influenced by the brands. Guessing I shouldn't put toooooo much trust into their rankings, more of a 'hey, this might be pretty good' kind of thing.

I however did pick up a 5 pack sampler of Olivia today for 18 bucks shipped. It took a lot for me to order that after a bad experience with an Olivia once before. I was on vacation in new orleans and a friend had given me an Olivia. Smoked that bad boy in the park drunk as shit at a crawfish boil. Had some serious cigar sickness/tobacco high goin on. My friends still give me shit about how pale white I was riding back to our hotel in the Uber, begging the driver to roll the damn window down. So after all that, I'm still willing to give them another try lol

welp, I passed on the EPC deal, doesn't sound like they live up to the reputation that CA makes them out to be. I had asked about CA before, as to whether their ratings were legit or influenced by the brands. Guessing I shouldn't put toooooo much trust into their rankings, more of a 'hey, this might be pretty good' kind of thing.

I however did pick up a 5 pack sampler of Olivia today for 18 bucks shipped. It took a lot for me to order that after a bad experience with an Olivia once before. I was on vacation in new orleans and a friend had given me an Olivia. Smoked that bad boy in the park drunk as shit at a crawfish boil. Had some serious cigar sickness/tobacco high goin on. My friends still give me shit about how pale white I was riding back to our hotel in the Uber, begging the driver to roll the damn window down. So after all that, I'm still willing to give them another try lol
Is what is. I'm not a fan of Oliva, myself, no matter how hard I've tried. Definitely give them a chance on a sober stomach, and see what they do for you. :p I wouldn't worry too much about the previous NicSic spell, but I can see how it can dredge up bad memories! As said, Oliva isn't my personal cup 'o tea, but many love them for a reason. You are on the right path to tobacco righteousness, my friend! Keep experimenting.

SWYL / LWYS

@JoeGibs I'm not sure what type of humidor you are building but I thought I would share some insight. Many of us have gone through the cedar humidor phase but quickly went to coolerdors as they are less expensive and work better, not to mention we all outgrew humidors pretty quick.

You can buy a "huge" marine cooler at Walmart for about $50-$60, buy some silica beads, and your sticks will love you for it. Unless you spend "big" money a humidor simply doesn't hold RH very well. I started with a couple wood humidors, bought a few more, bigger wood humidors, then went to coolers and wished I had all the money back I wasted on humidors.

Humis 5 reduced.jpg

@JoeGibs I'm not sure what type of humidor you are building but I thought I would share some insight. Many of us have gone through the cedar humidor phase but quickly went to coolerdors as they are less expensive and work better, not to mention we all outgrew humidors pretty quick.

You can buy a "huge" marine cooler at Walmart for about $50-$60, buy some silica beads, and your sticks will love you for it. Unless you spend "big" money a humidor simply doesn't hold RH very well. I started with a couple wood humidors, bought a few more, bigger wood humidors, then went to coolers and wished I had all the money back I wasted on humidors.

View attachment 51945
This photo warms my heart every time I see it!

Lots of coolidors amongst the "heavy hitters" here. I've just set one up, myself, as I started to outgrow the fridgidor (exactly what it sounds like).

I came across a deal for these this morning, but can't find much information about them on the forum. The brand has a great reputation with a lot of high rankings from CA, but I haven't tried anything from them yet.

Send me your addy. I have maybe 5-6 different EPC sticks you can try. Name a few other sticks (NC) that you enjoy as well.

@CBoukal is spot on with the 50/50 comment. Their QC has improved... I would imagine a few COTYs has greatly improved their bottom line (and advertising budget).

Example. Pledge wins COTY 2020. Ok, good for EPC. BUT, if you've bought a box since then, you'll see they yanked finished product to plaster the boxes with stickers advertising their win. EVERY stick was moved around because they even went so far to sticker EVERY stick! Now the boxes are a jumbled mess and littered with loose fill.

I'm giving them a one time covid pass. A lot of houses have suffered tremendously and I'm afraid many will close shop soon. PPP, SBA, private biz loans and Co credit cards are running out.

So shoot me your addy and I'll get you some to try yourself. I also just got a return package in the mail today with Gurkha 2nds and can just forward them to you as well.

You know, for comparison purposes. 🤔😛

Dont. Blame the smoke. Maybe you got some bad boudin.🤣
I always leave Loozanna with a belly ache!

Send me your addy. I have maybe 5-6 different EPC sticks you can try. Name a few other sticks (NC) that you enjoy as well.

@CBoukal is spot on with the 50/50 comment. Their QC has improved... I would imagine a few COTYs has greatly improved their bottom line (and advertising budget).

Example. Pledge wins COTY 2020. Ok, good for EPC. BUT, if you've bought a box since then, you'll see they yanked finished product to plaster the boxes with stickers advertising their win. EVERY stick was moved around because they even went so far to sticker EVERY stick! Now the boxes are a jumbled mess and littered with loose fill.

I'm giving them a one time covid pass. A lot of houses have suffered tremendously and I'm afraid many will close shop soon. PPP, SBA, private biz loans and Co credit cards are running out.

So shoot me your addy and I'll get you some to try yourself. I also just got a return package in the mail today with Gurkha 2nds and can just forward them to you as well.

You know, for comparison purposes. 🤔😛
Well hell, that's a hell of a nice offer. Are you sure? I have to at least pay you something or send a package in return. I'm not dead set on wanting to try the EPC brand, I just saw that they've had high ratings and came across the deal mentioned. What do you mean you got a return package, like someone sent you a package back after you sent them some goodies? And what does "NC" stand for?

For the record, the forum frowns upon human trafficking...
😛
🤦‍♂️
aaaand I just realized i've been spelling Oliva wrong. just shoot me

Well hell, that's a hell of a nice offer. Are you sure? I have to at least pay you something or send a package in return. I'm not dead set on wanting to try the EPC brand, I just saw that they've had high ratings and came across the deal mentioned. What do you mean you got a return package, like someone sent you a package back after you sent them some goodies? And what does "NC" st

aaaand I just realized i've been spelling Oliva wrong. just shoot me

Lol. Don't sweat it.. it's usually auto-correct that changes Oliva anyway. And yes, I'm sure about sending you some.. and no, you cover postage at some future date when you decide to "bomb" someone.. which is what we call an unexpected gift of cigars from someone. NC means Non-Cuban, with CC standing for Cuban cigars. I think there's a sticky with common abbreviations.. I'll check in a sec.

And the return package thing was just a joke about Gurkhas.. especially since you got flack over them... which is really just good natured ribbing. If there's Gurkhas you enjoy, that's all that matters. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

That said, yeah.. get me your addy and we'll try broadening your stash some.