• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Easter Traditions and Modifications

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I certainly don’t mean to start a religious debate but I’m curious what everyone’s Easter traditions are and how you are modifying that in light of our current social distancing and isolation statuses.
Saturday we do an Easter Egg hunt and then do a brunch. On Sunday we go to church and then have Dinner (really lunch) at my In-laws country club. I grew up more religious then my wife so I try to go to the other Holy Week services but with kids it can be hit or miss.
this year it will likely be just an Easter egg hunt, Skype calls to the family and a dinner made by my wife. I’m advocating for brisket but I think she’s thinking lamb.

We don't do the whole church thing, but I know my mom typically does. I am hoping it is cancelled for her this year, but despite everything going on, I can't force them to do anything. For us, Easter is cancelled. I may try to figure out how cook something to bring over and drop off to my kids, but I haven't determine what that is or how I am going to do it. I will have to go shopping before the weekend is up, but who knows what is left out there.

Our church has always done live streaming online, but for the past month, that's been the only way to attend service. It was odd at first, but we're getting used to it -- we even had communion on Palm Sunday. We don't normally do anything special for Easter other than church, so that will be the same this year. I may decide to cook a leg of lamb, but I haven't given it much thought yet. I made the comment to my wife last night that this feels like a month-long Christmas break, without the tree and presents, because we normally spend that holiday at home.

We'll attend live stream, as has become our normal process. We typically go on Saturday nights, but it's even stranger sitting in your living room.

The in-laws are trying to convince us to go to their house, they seem to believe all this is for naught, which I'm vetoing. Why they both (80 yrs old) aren't more concerned, is beyond me. I'll probably smoke a ham and just be us, this year. The kids are asking for Easter baskets, though :) Typical.

I usually snowboard, they do an Easter egg hunt up there. This year we'll probably just hide eggs at the house and feast there.

I'll probably smoke a ham and just be us, this year. The kids are asking for Easter baskets, though :) Typical.

I'd recommend smoking a cigar instead of a ham. If you do smoke a ham, I want pictures. Would like to see if it burns evenly. 🤣

We'll do the livestream thing too, and see if we can get our two year old interested in easter egg hunting. We alternate houses each year and this will likely cause more drama next year than this year when my wife will want to see her family instead of mine.

I'd recommend smoking a cigar instead of a ham. If you do smoke a ham, I want pictures. Would like to see if it burns evenly. 🤣

We'll do the livestream thing too, and see if we can get our two year old interested in easter egg hunting. We alternate houses each year and this will likely cause more drama next year than this year when my wife will want to see her family instead of mine.

I just spit Monster through my nose. Oh, it burns. It burns!! (thanks, I really needed that this morning after the downer that yesterday was)

This will be our first Easter in this house (or, in this country, for that matter). My daughter is 13, now, but I'm sure she will still push for an egg hunt just because she wants candy -- and as the only child here now, she's guaranteed to be the one to find the Golden Egg with the big payout! :p We aren't a particularly religious family, so aside from maaaaaybe a ham, or something like that for dinner, it will be business as usual here. We'll call my wife's mother (I've got a LOT of things I would like to call her...), and I'm pretty sure that my brother-in-law will be over there as well. I'll check in with my family, though I've been doing daily check-ins right now since my extended-fam "uncle"'s accident last week. Not a whole lot different here, to be honest.

My MIL is 79 years old, and is convinced she doesn't have anything to worry about, is healthy, and is certainly not in the high risk category. In reality, the woman is just batshit crazy.

I have no idea. Neither my GF or I are religious, though I did grow up in a religious house. Usually we spend Easter as a family feasting but that won't be the case this year. Probably nothing special on Sunday.

We ended up doing church on the couches under blankets. The wife slept through part of it, which is normally my job! I went to the grocery store after lunch, had three cigars on the deck, and cooked quail for dinner. Not a typical Easter by any measure, but it was great!

We didn't do an egg hunt yesterday, which turned out to be a big mistake -- seems Mom and I dropped the ball on the emotional front for our 13-year-old who is still dealing with the move and distance from her sister. Made it up to her later on, though, by eating ice cream and popcorn and snuggling on the couch while watching Ratatouille.

We got 10 inches of snow after being completely defrosted. Apocalrefrosteaster was still pretty fun. Stayed inside and took the day off from doing pretty much anything but making a bunch of food and eating 1/5th of it. Now we've got easter leftovers for a week. I'll get sick of ham eventually.

Ugggghhhh... We're down into the 40's again here today. Supposed to warm up as the week goes on, though.