• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ebay

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
Does anyone sell on Ebay?

I haven't for a while and was going to sell a couple things but Ebay now requires that you provide your checking account info .... and I've heard that they ask for your SSN.

I have had so many problems with Ebay in the past, they are the last company I want to have access to my bank account.

Does anyone sell on Ebay?

I haven't for a while and was going to sell a couple things but Ebay now requires that you provide your checking account info .... and I've heard that they ask for your SSN.

I have had so many problems with Ebay in the past, they are the last company I want to have access to my bank account.
I don't, but if you use pp they already have your info.

I had always taken my payout through Paypal but Ebay won't accept that anymore. I refuse to give anybody my account number and SSN.
I have used and currently use ebay. I have had no issues with the payments or payouts. This is even after the changes. The only downside. You will receive a tax form when you sell above $500 in a year. The limit used to be $5,000. But long gone are those days. Basically any online selling venue does something similar.

C

Haven't sold anything on ebay in years. I thought that PayPal was (or used to be) owned by ebay, which is why it was their preferred (maybe only?) payment method. What changed?

Now EBay had to be tied to a bank account I would not worry about them stealing any of that info. Amazon does the same exact thing. So do most marketplaces. And social security is to see if they have to give you a 1099 at the end of the year. Based on the amount of sales.

The new reporting I formation is a result of a change to the tax code. It aspects PayPal, Vermont, etc. They want to catch unreported business income.
Wait until they start a new currency and give you 6 months to turn the old in or it is worthless !

Ebay and Paypal split up so Ebay took their ball and went home.:)
They didn’t. I still use PP regularly with EBay.

You won’t find any selling platform other than your local community Facebook page that you can get by without providing that information. Big Brother found out about all the tax revenue they were missing out on and closed that loophole.

In hindsight, adorning your cabin with buttresses was a bit of a stretch, but there are only so many architectural features in a cabin to pun from?

Now that I think of it, “fruit cellar” would have been a better choice.
Ask him why it’s nicknamed Camp Sex Mirrors. 😉