• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Economic Stimulus Payment?

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
WTH???
gallery_1349_634_191.gif

So I received a letter in the mail yesterday letting me know I would be receiving my check sometime this week.
Is this letter really neccessary? Why not just send me my check along with all the wonderful information about this check and not a letter letting me know to look for my check this week.
I dont understand why. What a waste of time.
gallery_1349_634_191.gif

You think that's bad. I got my check then a week later got a letter saying to expect it.

Doc.

Just think of how much money the IRS spent in postage to send everyone in the U.S. one of those info letters... :0

We got two letters and two payments. It took them almost a month to get it straightened out. We were in the first group of recipients. You'd think they'd have all the bugs worked out by now, ours was back at the end of April.

The efficiency of government on display... :rolleyes:

Be thankful you are getting one.

I don't qualify, so no cigar stimulus for me :angry:

Come on it's the Federal Government, they are experts at wasting your hard earned money!

Be thankful you are getting one.

I don't qualify, so no cigar stimulus for me :angry:

Come on it's the Federal Government, they are experts at wasting your hard earned money!

I didn't qualify for the check or the letter!

Just think of how much money the IRS spent in postage to send everyone in the U.S. one of those info letters... :0

The news said they spent over 40 Million mailing letters. What a waste.

Ha..

Just placed an order. Bye Bye Stimulus check. Spent before it even arrived.

-Alex

I didn't get one because I'm filed as a dependent, but my parents don't get extra for me cause I'm over 17. :(

I stimulated the Las Vegas community with my stimulus check :laugh:

as one of the Silicon Valley couples falsely accused of being wealthy, my wife and I do not qualify for the check.

#$%! the tax system.

What's funny is that I got a letter stating to expect one.

That was back in April.

Still, till this day, I haven't seen the check.

I have a feeling that I don't qualify...stupid that they sent the letter to me.

I don't qualify either :(

Maybe if they saved the postage I too could of got some lovin.

How can the government possibly charge ITSELF for "postage?" ???

I suppose on paper it can but think about it, if the IRS gives the USPS 40 million (or whatever amount they want to make up) the money is still in the general fund.

The only cost was printing and addressing which I agree is a complete waste. I would have loved to have had the contract to print and label those stupid letters. :laugh:

Waste of money
Waste of man-power
Waste of fuel
Waste of trees
Waste of.....I can go on an on.

Maybe they should have kept the letter and with the money they saved, added some more people to the stimulus payment rolls.