• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ed McMahon has died....

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Ed McMahon has passed away....a sad day.

There were times on the Tonight Show when him and Johnny Carson were magic.

RIP Mr. McMahon.

Ed is now back in his seat on the right side of Johnny again.

R.I.P. Mr. McMahon

Ed McMahon taught me how to properly pour a beer. Back in 1976, myself and some buddies would
drive up to Burbank and get tickets for that day's Tonight Show. They filmed at 3:00, Monday thru
Friday. Back in those days, Mr. McMahon used to do the Budwieser commercials live.

One Friday, I got to set in the front row. While he was waiting for the spot to go live, he was trying
to take the tops off 3 beers. This was before screw top's. He could not find the church key. I was,
maybe 8 feet from him. I stood up, said, "Here Mr McMahon" and handed him my pocket knife. He
said, "What do I do with this dam thing?" I took back the knife, opened it up, reversed the sharp edge
so it was pointing away from me and quickly popped all three top's of the beers. He said, "How'd you do
that?" I showed him than sat back down.

He did the commercial, than came over to where I was setting and said, "Come here kid." We went off
to the side. He got 2 new beers and said, " Let me see that knife again." I gave it to him. He tried to
pop the top off one of the beers and almost cut himself. I took the knife and beer, showed him how to
pop the top by doing it. He picked up the 2nd beer, took the knife and easily popped the top.

Well, we're standing there, each with a beer in his hand. Mr. McMahon says, "Let me show you how to
properly pour a beer into a glass." So, he picks up a glass after handing me back the knife. Shows me
how to pour. I pick up a glass, pour the beer into my fairly well. He reaches out, touches my glass
with his and says, "Cheers." We both take a long drink of beer.

A stage hand says, "30 seconds Ed." Mr. McMahon says, "Thanks kid." We both set the beers and glasses
down on the table. The stage hand wheels it away. I set back down. Mr. McMahon goes back on the stage
and that's it. That's my Ed McMahon encounter.

- KiltLad

Ed McMahon taught me how to properly pour a beer. Back in 1976, myself and some buddies would
drive up to Burbank and get tickets for that day's Tonight Show. They filmed at 3:00, Monday thru
Friday. Back in those days, Mr. McMahon used to do the Budwieser commercials live.

One Friday, I got to set in the front row. While he was waiting for the spot to go live, he was trying
to take the tops off 3 beers. This was before screw top's. He could not find the church key. I was,
maybe 8 feet from him. I stood up, said, "Here Mr McMahon" and handed him my pocket knife. He
said, "What do I do with this dam thing?" I took back the knife, opened it up, reversed the sharp edge
so it was pointing away from me and quickly popped all three top's of the beers. He said, "How'd you do

He did the commercial, than came over to where I was setting and said, "Come here kid." We went off
to the side. He got 2 new beers and said, " Let me see that knife again." I gave it to him. He tried to
pop the top off one of the beers and almost cut himself. I took the knife and beer, showed him how to
pop the top by doing it. He picked up the 2nd beer, took the knife and easily popped the top.

Well, we're standing there, each with a beer in his hand. Mr. McMahon says, "Let me show you how to
properly pour a beer into a glass." So, he picks up a glass after handing me back the knife. Shows me
how to pour. I pick up a glass, pour the beer into my fairly well. He reaches out, touches my glass

A stage hand says, "30 seconds Ed." Mr. McMahon says, "Thanks kid." We both set the beers and glasses
down on the table. The stage hand wheels it away. I set back down. Mr. McMahon goes back on the stage

- KiltLad

Cool story! Ed will be missed by many people. RIP Mr. McMahon.

- KiltLad
Awesome memmory,and a great story,thanks for sharing

Living under the 405 finally got to him. RIP

Greetings! Mr. McMahon also retired as a Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve in 1966. He will be missed. Regards, knightlaird

Rest in peace Ed. You will be deeply missed but not forgottem....... :cool: