• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edicion de Silvio Maduro / CAO Sopranos Edition

MilesMingusMonk

Breaking Wind Master
EdiciondeSilvioMaduro.jpg

Perdomo Unveils Edicion de Silvio ‘Maduro’ At RTDA

MIAMI - Tabacalera Perdomo, S.A., one of the world’s most distinguished cigar manufacturers, today announced it will enhance its award-winning EDICION de SILVIO® ultra-premium cigar brand with EDICION de SILVIO® ‘Maduro’, a secretive blend of all-Cuban seed tobaccos balanced with a rich mosaic of delicate, complex flavors derived from rare, deeply aged superior grade maduro wrapper. Cultivated, crafted and aged to perfection, EDICION de SILVIO® ‘Maduro’ is available in four classic sizes: ‘Robusto’ (5” x 54), ‘Double Corona’ (7 ⅝” x 50), ‘No. 2 Torpedo’ (6 ⅛ x 54) and ‘Salomon en Cedro’ (7 ¼” x 49 x 60). Fifty of each size are delicately stocked in a slide-top, perforated Spanish cedar caché surrounded by boldly fragrant ribbons of Spanish cedar (except ‘Salomon en Cedro’ which is exquisitely packaged in 24 wax-sealed, aerated cigar ‘vessels’). These shavings are meticulously hand-carved from the rich oily heartwood of the tree, infusing a delicate aroma and a distinctively elegant finish to each and every cigar. The wax-sealed cigar caché and Spanish cedar shavings are then concealed under lock and key within a rustic “Spanish Galleon” mahogany tobacco chest.

Also being introduced are EDICION de SILVIO® Cachés, 25-count ‘restock’ vessels for EDICION de SILVIO® trademark Spanish Galleon tobacco chests for its ‘Natural’ and ‘Maduro’ line extensions. Available in ‘Robusto’, ‘Double Corona’ and ‘No. 2 Torpedo’ vitolas, EDICION de SILVIO® Cachés provide additional wholesale price discounts to retailers and are available only to qualified EDICION de SILVIO tobacconists.

Recognized as 2004’s ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ by the Robb Report, EDICION de SILVIO® is a highly limited cigar line which commemorates the memory of Nick Perdomo’s late grandfather, Silvio Perdomo. The savory all-Cuban seed tobaccos used for EDICIÓN de SILVIO® have been culled into a rich and aromatic binder and filler crop that Perdomo and his grandfather Silvio began aging before his passing in 1997 in large 50-year old vintage oak casks. The thick, time-honored vessels were discovered by Silvio and Nick, Jr. during their many journeys to Jalapa and obtained from a family that had owned a plantation there for processing and fermenting tobacco until the Sandinista revolution of 1979. Housed in a heavily guarded aging chamber on the Perdomo family production compound in Esteli, these distinctively spice-laden casks were used to house the special tobaccos created for EDICIÓN de SILVIO® under the explicit guidance of only three men: Silvio Perdomo, his son Nick Perdomo Sr. and grandson Nick Perdomo, Jr.

Tabacalera Perdomo S.A. is one of the world’s finest and most distinguished premium cigar manufacturers. Headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida with production and agricultural facilities in Esteli, Nicaragua, Tabacalera Perdomo S.A. is a closely-held, family-run company that has produced three generations of Cuban cigar making artisans. Its highly acclaimed cigar brands have achieved numerous awards and honors of distinction throughout the world, including EDICION de SILVIO®, ESTATE SELECCION®, La Tradición Perdomo Reserve®, Perdomo2®, La Tradición Cabinet Series®, Cuban Parejo®, THE CIGAR®, the cigar pequeno®, La Tradición Exclusivo®, Dos Rios® and Cuban Bullet®.

CAOSopranos.jpg

CAO, one of the world’s foremost premium cigar manufacturers, announced today that it will debut its “CAO The SopranosSM Edition” cigar line at the RTDA 73rd Annual Convention and International Trade Show in New Orleans, on August 7.

“CAO The SopranosSM Edition” marks the first time that Home Box Office has officially licensed a cigar to be made to commemorate the award-winning series. “Both HBO and CAO stand for high quality and innovative products in their respective fields,” stated Richard Oren, HBO Director of Licensing. “It just made sense for us to develop a cigar line around The Sopranos® series with CAO; they have the expertise, quality, and creativity to make this a successful part of our licensing business.”
The highly acclaimed series, winner of seventeen Emmy® Awards and five Golden Globes, will return to the air for its sixth season starting in March 2006. The limited edition cigar promises to be as bold as the series from which it was inspired, featuring a Brazilian Mata Fina wrapper, Honduran binder, and an exotic mix of fillers from Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, and Colombia.

Packaged in 20 count boxes, “CAO The SopranosSM Edition” will be available in three shapes: ‘Associate’ (5” x 52), ‘Soldier’ (6” x 54), and ‘Boss’ (7” x 56).

CAOSapranos2.jpg

I am all over the Sopranos CAO...I hopefully will have a line on a box of these once they go retail

featuring a Brazilian Mata Fina wrapper

I hope not like brazillas... I love sopranos, hate brazillas

Box looks awesome! :thumbs:

Not much on CAO but I would like to get a box of Sopranos to put in the cooler.

I'll try to post a review next Thursday on all of the new offerings from the major companies. CAO will be one of my first stops. I'll try to make Perdomo one of the next.

One of you folks in retail land is gonna have to send me an EdS Maduro. I've got some stuff to trade. :rolleyes:

AVB said:
One of you folks in retail land is gonna have to send me an EdS Maduro. I've got some stuff to trade. :rolleyes:
[snapback]208075[/snapback]​

Me too. :thumbs:

cigardawg said:
I'll try to post a review next Thursday on all of the new offerings from the major companies. CAO will be one of my first stops. I'll try to make Perdomo one of the next.
[snapback]208063[/snapback]​

Ashton would be MY first stop!