• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

**** Edicion Limitada ****

This will not be a pass for everyone unfortunately... :(

Cigars:

Bolivar Gold Medal
Caney Vegueros
Cifuentes Cristal Tubo
Cubatabaco 25th Aniversario
Davidoff 2000
Davidoff 5000
Davidoff Yquem
Davidoff Ambassadrice
Davidoff Haut Brion
Davidoff Margaux
Diplomaticos No.6
Don Candido No.506
Dunhill Cabinetta
Dunhill Estupendos
Dunhill Mojito
HDM Obsequios
LFDC Short Churchill
LFDC Cristale
LGC Tapados
Montecristo SS No. 2
Montecristo B
Partagas 150 Aniversario Robusto
Sancho Panza Dorados

Opus X Maduro Freak of Nature
Opus X Maduro Perfecxion No. 2
Opus X Maduro Perfecxion X
Sylvester Stallone Private Reserve Opus X A
Moncia's Revenge
Padron Millennium Maduro
Padron Millennium Natural

Quantity for quality will be allowed to a degree, but the members were way too generous last time around. I do not want to get back more than I send out... :)

Very nice sellection, Devin!!

Way out of my league I'm affraid....

Just got off the horn with brother Devin and if we don't find enough worthy folks for this pass, he and I are going to smoke all of these cigars over a weekend, before the year is out. :love: :D :thumbs:

vewyphishy said:
Sylvester Stallone Private Reserve Opus X A
Anything different about this other than the name?
[snapback]146884[/snapback]​

Pa170013-vi.jpg

:D

Wait a second. An Opus moki doesn't have? Everything I know is wrong!! :0

For instance... The first one.. Vern took a Davidoff Chateau Margeaux '88 and added nine sticks..

Cuaba Mille. reserve. 00'
RyJ Prince of Wales 01' x 2
Upmann super corona 01' x 2
Trinidad fundador (sp?) 97'
RyJ LE Churchill 01'
Untold Story x 2

These are all great sticks for sure, but I don't think any one is an equiv of the Davidoff. That's the problem with a pass like this.. What is really? That's just why I was curious about the specifics of the rules.

oak said:
other1 said:
At the risk of opening a can of worms...

I looked back at this pass a bit since it was before my time. It looks like quantity for quality plays were allowed? Frankly for most people to get in on a pass like this that's probably the only way they could go. Just curios.

I wasn't in the pass either (also well before my time).

But go ahead and finish opening the can. What play or plays in this pass would you describe as quantity for quality? Are you sure the play wasn't an increase in both quality and quantity?

- Oak
[snapback]146814[/snapback]​

This pass has a lot of history here at CP. I think this will be the 5th Edicion Limitada pass, if I'm not mistaken. The participants are by invitation only and the rules are not standard fare for CP passes. Most of the exchanges are discussed between the participants before the box leaves form one place to another, unless it's an obvious swap. All of the participants are verterans of not only CP, but also of passes in general and follow a code of ethics established long ago. There have been a few bumps in the road in these passes, but they were all worked out and OK'd by whomever was running the individual Edicion Limitada pass. Not everyone is going to have an equal exchange for most of these cigars that are starting out, but the idea is to get as close as possible. If you are invited to this pass then you already know what should be acceptable and what should not.

Nice cigar Matt..... :D

I usually don't smoke this low quality swill but I will help a brother out and see if I can't upgrade some of those dog rockets..... :p

Devin Cole said:
This will not be a pass for everyone unfortunately... :(

[snip]

Quantity for quality will be allowed to a degree, but the members were way too generous last time around. I do not want to get back more than I send out... :)
[snapback]146862[/snapback]​

A nice starting lineup!

Invitations will be sent out in the next couple of days to all of the past members of the Limitada passes. Hopefully many of the original members will participate as it would be an honor to have them.

Also several new invitations will be sent out after I hear back from the original members.......... :cool:

We will start this pass after the New Year as it will be much easier for everyone involved.

Any comments or suggestions are most welcomed!

Brother Rob... :)

other1 said:
Wait a second. An Opus moki doesn't have? Everything I know is wrong!! :0
[snapback]146937[/snapback]​

Actually, I don't have the Freak of Nature Maduro either -- very cool looking cigar.

Any interest in another EL pass?

Certainly! I love watching these go by.

:love:

:thumbs:

Yer durn tootin Devin!

Hey... it's good to see a post from Brother robnsue again too!

P.S. I thought it was going to be Ratt Mouseys turn to host the next one? :p

other1 said:
For instance... The first one.. Vern took a Davidoff Chateau Margeaux '88 and added nine sticks..

Cuaba Mille. reserve. 00'
RyJ Prince of Wales 01' x 2
Upmann super corona 01' x 2
Trinidad fundador (sp?) 97'
RyJ LE Churchill 01'
Untold Story x 2

These are all great sticks for sure, but I don't think any one is an equiv of the Davidoff. That's the problem with a pass like this.. What is really? That's just why I was curious about the specifics of the rules.

oak said:
other1 said:
At the risk of opening a can of worms...

I looked back at this pass a bit since it was before my time. It looks like quantity for quality plays were allowed? Frankly for most people to get in on a pass like this that's probably the only way they could go. Just curios.

[snapback]146814[/snapback]​
[snapback]146940[/snapback]​

Invitational passes are not the same as open passes. But then again, some of the open passes have been just as screwed up lately. ;)

Matt is going to host a good part of this one as I am going on a motorcycle trip for several weeks in January to Australia and Tasmania... :)

As to the SS Opus X A, they came in a bundle of fifteen cigars and are very old by Opus standards, with an extremely yellow cellophane.

Might have to add a Moncias Revenge and CFC Special also... :)