• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

EDIT Button ?

BkCloud114

I hate Moochers !!!!!
Anybody else notice that the "edit" button is gone ???

Better make sure you mean what you say before you say it.... :laugh:

Maybe it will encourage people more carefully considering what they are thinking about writing. I think it's a good thing. But now when I sound like an idiot or spell like a challenged fourth grader, I can't fix it!

Hmm....looks like it's there for me.

Maybe it's only YOUR edit button, Bk...... :p

Regards - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
Hmm....looks like it's there for me.

Maybe it's only YOUR edit button, Bk...... :p

Regards - B.B.S.
[snapback]299891[/snapback]​

LMAO..... I quess so..... Damn.... LOL

Edited to add:

Looks like it might be removed after a certain amount of time.....hhmmmm

Hey Rod.... what's up with the "edit" button

I edited a post yesterday morning and last night in chat I mentioned that the button was gone. I still don't have it back :(

Dang we lost edit privileges, now my spelling and grammar will suck balls, Dang it!

Edit: I think the edit is a on timer now, just for S&G, sweet!

I think I figured it out. The edit function seems to be timed now. I can edit my latest post but not any of the older ones.

Yup.... looks like you got 5 minutes to edit your post.....

Some guys are gonna need to sell there cigars pretty quick now.

OK then. Last time this happened I recall us having this discussion also.

So for those of us that are running passes or group buys where it's easiest and most efficient to continue editing the first post, what can we do now?

Yup, I'll be dipped in waste products! It is...

So be it! We live with our mistakes.

Gonz said:
OK then. Last time this happened I recall us having this discussion also.

So for those of us that are running passes or group buys where it's easiest and most efficient to continue editing the first post, what can we do now?
[snapback]299900[/snapback]​

I wonder if Rod could make exceptions for guys who are running GBs or Passes

I know it seems like a pain in the ass but thanks to a select few.... we all pay the price.

BkCloud114 said:
Yup.... looks like you got 5 minutes to edit your post.....

Some guys are gonna need to sell there cigars pretty quick now.
[snapback]299898[/snapback]​

I think this is a positive step! :thumbs:

You have time to review for typos and errors, but not enough time to backtrack on anything serious. Be sure to think very carefully before hitting the "Add Reply" button!

BkCloud114 said:
Gonz said:
OK then.  Last time this happened I recall us having this discussion also.

[snapback]299900[/snapback]​

I wonder if Rod could make exceptions for guys who are running GBs or Passes

I know it seems like a pain in the ass but thanks to a select few.... we all pay the price.
[snapback]299904[/snapback]​

Perhaps there could be a way for people to "apply" to Rod for this access. Quite simply, it would be a quick pm to him stating why you need the ability to edit something. I'm not sure of how these things work, but perhaps at that point Rod could grant the ability to edit just one specific post? Or would it have to be all or none for each individual?

Just thinking out loud here.

Well its a good idea imo but its going to suck ballz trying to run a sale, box split or pass with out the edit feature, I guess people will have to cruse the massive lists to find the most up to date info.

Bought a new computer and it still did not come on my keyboard???? Where can I order one?

Easy solution is to make a new subforum for group buys, stick in under the Cigar Passes forum, and only allow that forum to have the edit feature.

It still sucks that 2700+ people have to be treated like children because of a handful of jackoffs that insist that they are above the way things work here....

ffopusxff said:
Bought a new computer and it still did not come on my keyboard???? Where can I order one?
[snapback]299918[/snapback]​

Dude, it's right next to the "any" key. Duh! :D

10 minute timeout. After your initial post, you only have 10 minutes to edit it. There really shouldn't be any reason to have to edit a post more than 10 minutes later... ;)

This rule applies to all members, not just Bk.

Rod said:
10 minute timeout. After your initial post, you only have 10 minutes to edit it. There really shouldn't be any reason to have to edit a post more than 10 minutes later... ;)

This rule applies to all members, not just Bk.
[snapback]299948[/snapback]​

Rod, how about the reasons we've stated above, concerning people running passes or group buys? Do you have any thoughts regarding the ability to edit those types of posts?