• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edit Function?

Peekay

Just noticed that the edit function is now defunct. Wondering what caused this to happen? I kinda liked a way to edit my posts for mistakes or to add something to a post that I forgot.

Peekay said:
Just noticed that the edit function is now defunct. Wondering what caused this to happen? I kinda liked a way to edit my posts for mistakes or to add something to a post that I forgot.
[snapback]223974[/snapback]​

I just noticed the same thing. I went to update a post for a pass and the edit button was missing. Is there a reason for this? Is it temporary? Rod?

Not speaking for Rod, but maybe it's the way CS is set up; you can edit your post for a short time after you submit it, but after that it's carved in stone.

Makes sense; now folks have to live with what they've posted. :thumbs:

I agree with it for every room but the passes and Buy/Sell/Trade room. IMO, it's easier to update the first post instead of constantly bumping the thread. But some will ruin it for all with the constant editing that has been going on lately.

I think it was removed as a result of the recent flame wars going on here.
I hope it comes back soon...

Just think, all of you post padders will have to add additional posts when you forget to say something