• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edit: T Frank coffin issue : Video Added

Damn retailers. Let's see if this story has a happy ending. :whistling:

Geoff

Okay, so for those of us that are blocked from YouTube or have such a slow Internet connection in their hooch that it takes hours for a video to load... can someone give the readers digest version?? :D

Destroyed in mailing? Destroyed by bouncing around in the box? Wrapped to tight? Just trying to figure out what's going on here. :)

Looked like, in the video, that some of the cigars had an indentation from the ribbon being too tight, I didn't see anything overly disfigured, although youtube tends to make it hard to see in detail.

It looks like this story has one helluva happy ending.

:love: :love: :love:

One of these that I was able to aquire isn't really boxed pressed either. I don't think it will effect the taste, so I'm not overly worried about it. Are your's still smokable?

I didn't watch the video, but I'm not sure I would worry about ribbon indentations (if that's what the issue is). I've gone though plenty of habanos cabinets and at least 5 or 6 cigars in each cab have slight indents from the ribbon. No worries, it's only cosmetic. I love the old look of a bandless, indented, dirty old cuban!

I didn't watch the video, but I'm not sure I would worry about ribbon indentations (if that's what the issue is). I've gone though plenty of habanos cabinets and at least 5 or 6 cigars in each cab have slight indents from the ribbon. No worries, it's only cosmetic. I love the old look of a bandless, indented, dirty old cuban!

oh there is a joke there somewhere

If culebras can smoke great all bent and twisted up (which they did ;)), then I wouldn't be worried about some ribbon indentations. :) Smoke 'em up.

So this is about the indentations from the ribbon? Like Mike stated, all that's going to do is affect how they look, not how they smoke.

This is a grade A smoke. I give it a 10 teepee rating.

Judging by the one sample of these I tried, I would wholeheartedly agree.

the box I saw also had indentations in the cigars from the ribbon - a minor cosmetic issue that did not adversely affect the smokability of this fine cigar.

Got a good story; I read a list of the 13 dealers that were going to receive the Franks. None were in my area but one was close to my BIL so I asked him to pick up a box for me. Well a buddy of his flew in yesterday and brought the box to me. I opened the box at my local B&M and there were only 4 cigars in the box! WTF!!! I immedicately called the dealer and they said they were waiting for a call from their customer to find out who was short some cigars. They asked how many I had in the box and they were very apologetic and said they would ship a box with the 9 cigars to me for free! I volunteered to buy a full box from them and pay for the 4 cigars I already had plus shipping but they of course were sold out and didn't have anymore to sell me....

Thank God for honest dealers! :D

Got a good story; I read a list of the 13 dealers that were going to receive the Franks. None were in my area but one was close to my BIL so I asked him to pick up a box for me. Well a buddy of his flew in yesterday and brought the box to me. I opened the box at my local B&M and there were only 4 cigars in the box! WTF!!! I immedicately called the dealer and they said they were waiting for a call from their customer to find out who was short some cigars. They asked how many I had in the box and they were very apologetic and said they would ship a box with the 9 cigars to me for free! I volunteered to buy a full box from them and pay for the 4 cigars I already had plus shipping but they of course were sold out and didn't have anymore to sell me....

Thank God for honest dealers! :D

That could have been a nightmare.