• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edmundo Dantes EL Conde 109

Gutman has the rights to this regional for 2 years. My guess is that we'll see another run of ED 109s next year. The regionals, love 'em or hate 'em, are a cash cow for Habanos S.A.

I am one to chase them down. I believe the tobacco used is exceptional, and with respect to the ED 109, only the highest level torcedors are trained to roll this vitola.

As for tasting notes. I had one shortly after mine arrived and it was still very wet. It was medium bodied the full way through and started with classic Upmann qualities. The flavors bounced around, but there was a sweetness and creaminess that I remember.

The final third became extremely boring and mute, then fairly acrid so I put it down. I'll have to revisit them soon as the only one I've had was smoked in mid-October.

Gutman has the rights to this regional for 2 years. My guess is that we'll see another run of ED 109s next year. The regionals, love 'em or hate 'em, are a cash cow for Habanos S.A.

I am one to chase them down. I believe the tobacco used is exceptional, and with respect to the ED 109, only the highest level torcedors are trained to roll this vitola.

As for tasting notes. I had one shortly after mine arrived and it was still very wet. It was medium bodied the full way through and started with classic Upmann qualities. The flavors bounced around, but there was a sweetness and creaminess that I remember.

The final third became extremely boring and mute, then fairly acrid so I put it down. I'll have to revisit them soon as the only one I've had was smoked in mid-October.
I had a very similar experience... But I won't know again for sometime how they are doing, at least 2yrs.

I have a couple of loose sticks, so I'll likely light one every 6 or so months to check their progress. I'm fairly excited about this cigar. I hope it ages gracefully!

I just noted that Gutmann was interviewed in the latest Cigar Aficionado. He alluded to the fact that he has the rights for 2 years. Sounds like we can expect a re-release next year! :)

Just got done reading the CA article where this cigar was discussed a bunch, and I'm saddened to see that it's something that I'll probably never be able to get me paws on.

Just got done reading the CA article where this cigar was discussed a bunch, and I'm saddened to see that it's something that I'll probably never be able to get me paws on.

Hey Gonz,

I am with you :( , now I wish I would have grabbed that last two they had at LCDH even though the feet were tattered from all the handling.

PM your address. You sent me a RA belicoso awhile back before I had purchased any. I'd like to return the favor. :thumbs:

PM your address. You sent me a RA belicoso awhile back before I had purchased any. I'd like to return the favor. :thumbs:

Good stuff Rob :thumbs: