• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2024

Don't Tread On Me - 5 x 54 - Jan 4th, 2024

This is an Oliva brand - rolled in the TACASA factory in Esteli, Nicaragua. Cigar Page had these on closeout for $1.50.

Nicaraguan, with an Maduro wrapper.

Medium/Full

Dang nice stick for a buck and a half.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Dont tread on me.jpg

Where are the best places to look for these deals? Closeouts, and such?
I have only shopped online at Small Batch, but a few low rent sticks for "friends" is always nice to have on hand

I have only shopped online at Small Batch, but a few low rent sticks for "friends" is always nice to have on hand
I buy from these three, mostly. There's always a sale, a coupon, or a special. Military/Veteran gets 10% off and free shipping at CI and Thompson.

Cigars International
Thompson Cigar
Cigar Page

Warning: Signing up for promotional emails will get you a lot of emails.

Reactions: MX

I have also bought from niceashcigars .com. They have a “close out “ section that’s 25% off of their lowest sale price. They have a big selection, and with the discount, the prices are very good!

linky

2 sticks in a little foil pouch - for 99 cents everyday at your local gas station.

Dutch Masters Java Infusion Cigarillos.

Nice aroma. Mild coffee flavor, with mellow/medium tobacco. Pretty decent el cheapo smoke, if you like java infused sticks.

Dutch package.jpgDutch Java.jpg

I had a box of these in their own little humidor at 68% for a couple of months. They don't like 68%. As an experiment, I dropped the humidity to 62% for three months. They're smoking much better now. You'd think that they'd be stable, what with that "sealed" wrapper. Not. They also seem to do well just hanging out in the glove box in the truck.

Anyways, it's the common, ordinary, Dutch Masters "Palma". $65 for a box of 55 - everyday online price. These make a nice mellow morning smoke. Less worse than a Swisher Sweet, and tremendously better than a Phillies Titan.

Dutch Masters.jpg

From the Philippines - $0.71 Double Happiness Churchill.

Mellow+ - Nicaraguan filler, Habano binder, Connecticut wrapper.

This batch has been at 64% for several months, and they appear to like it.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ and a half

1000009956.jpg

$2.50 5 Vegas Classic Corona 5.5 x 44. About $4 at your finer online retailers. A little more at the others.
Available in all of your favorite sizes.

A medium Nicaraguan, with Nicaraguan/Dominican fillers and a Nicaraguan binder. Sumatra wrapper.
These are decent smokes for the price.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 3/4

5 Vegas Classic.jpg
5 vegas classic sizes.png

Cult Ometepe - by Oliva.

About $5 online, every day. Cigar Page had these for a buck-fifty back in February of this year, with free shipping - and I had a coupon.

This is a nice medium + stick from Nicaragua, with Ometepe filler/binders and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

Ometepe.jpg

Cult Ometepe - by Oliva.

About $5 online, every day. Cigar Page had these for a buck-fifty back in February of this year, with free shipping - and I had a coupon.

This is a nice medium + stick from Nicaragua, with Ometepe filler/binders and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

View attachment 82717
The cult blood red moon pipe tobacco is amazing

Swisher Sweet Pipe Tip Cigarillo.
99 cents for a 2-pack.

This is the cocoa variety. Aromatic, with a nice aroma.
Decent gas station cigarillo.

caca1.jpgcaca2.jpg

$2.77 Macanudo Inspirado White, from Sep '23.
C.I. has these online today for $7.

A Heinz 57 stick from Honduras. Mexican and Nicaraguan fillers. Indonesian, Sumatra binder. Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper.

Mellow.. Spicy. Nice construction/draw/burn.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

macanudo.jpg

$2.09 Carlos Torano - Casa Torano 4.7 x 52. Six bucks at most online places, but hunt the coupons !

Honduran - Dominican/Nicaraguan fillers - Nicaraguan binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

These are really good sticks for two bucks-ish. They always smoke well.

Mellow/Medium

Casa Torano.jpg

$2.21 Cubao Esteli 6 x 60 - from those nice folks at Ortega Cigar Company. These are rolled by Carlos Sanchez at the TACASA factory.

$5 at Cigar Page today. About $3.50 for the Robusto size.

Medium/full, with a bit of pepper. Nicaraguan fillers/binder with an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper.

Nice smoke.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Cubao Esteli.jpg

$1.94 Victor Sinclair Legacy 7 x 50 - from early March '24.

Nicarguan Ligero, Olor, Dominican Criollo 98, and Dominican Piloto Cuban fillers - Indonesian Sumatra binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

Everyday low price at Thompson cigar is bx 20/$74.99 ($3.75)
- but use "dad35" in the checkout, and they are $48.74 (2.39) and a nice wooden box. 2 days only.

VS Legacy.jpg