• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2024

<$3 Padilla Series '68 original in 6 x 60. $5-ish everyday online.

Honduran fillers/binder with a Corojo wrapper.

This is a mellow/medium stick that was well constructed and well behaved.

Anyone that finds these (or the '68 Black Bear)
on sale, please to let me know.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1000008707.jpg

$2.09 Carlos Torano - Casa Torano 4.7 x 52.
Five-ish bucks everyday online.

A nice mellow/medium stick from Honduras - with Dominican/Nicaraguan fillers - Nicaraguan binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

This is a new box, circa January 2024, and is the third batch of these in the past year. All of them were well constructed and have burned well.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Casa Toranno.jpg

Smoking "fancy" this morning with a <$2 Victor Sinclair Primeros 6 x 50.
A mellow Dominican in an Connecticut wrapper.

And, a premium stick demands premium coffee ! 😂😅🤣

VS Primeros.jpg
Coffee.jpg

Quorum Shade 3.5 x 50. About $2 online, everyday. You can get the Corona for a few pennies more.

I see these just sitting on the shelves of many smoke shops - in three blends and several sizes. The J.C. Newman Cigar Company says that these are the "No. 1 selling imported handmade bundle cigar in the world" - so I had to try one.

Nicaraguan filler, Sumatra sungrown binder, and a Connecticut shade wrapper. Sort of a "medium" stick. It's actually a pretty decent cigar in this price range - and it was well behaved.

Puffy rating ⭐⭐⭐ 2/3rds

Quorum short shade.jpg

Last edited:
Drew Estates Factory Smokes - Shade. About $1.75 everyday online - but wait for a sale.

This is a mellow Nicaraguan stick with Indonesian filler/binder and an Connecticut wrapper.
You can find these at the local smoke shops, sitting out on the shelves - and I was thinking that they could benefit from some humidor time. Still, it smoked well and stayed lit.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐ and a half.

Drew Estates.jpg

Phillies Titan. Less than a dollar. Made in the USA, (Puerto Rico) with "tame" Dominican/Honduran fillers - and an Homogenized Tobacco Leaf (HTL) wrapper. That's finely ground tobacco mixed with cellulose to make a sort of tobacco/paper wrap.

Maybe I got a bad one, because this one was borderline suck, with a pre-light faint aroma of dog shit.
If anyone wants the remaining four from this "fresh pack", please send me your address.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐ and 1/2

Phillies.jpg

Super sale - $1.50 - Don't Tread On Me - 5 x 54. These must have been on closeout at the time, because I don't see them available now.

"Hailing from the TACASA factory of Esteli, Nicaragua with oily, well-fermented Maduro wrappers and aged Nicaraguan long-fillers. Long on flavor with deep richness and serious complexity with pleasant nuances of chocolate and molasses and a spicy kick. Medium to full in body".

Dang nice stick for a buck and a half.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ and 15/16ths

dont tread on me.jpg

Phillies Titan. Less than a dollar. Made in the USA, (Puerto Rico) with "tame" Dominican/Honduran fillers - and an Homogenized Tobacco Leaf (HTL) wrapper. That's finely ground tobacco mixed with cellulose to make a sort of tobacco/paper wrap.

Maybe I got a bad one, because this one was borderline suck, with a pre-light faint aroma of dog shit.
If anyone wants the remaining four from this "fresh pack", please send me your address.

View attachment 80149
If this gets 2 1/2 stars, what would 1 star be? A literal turd? Just curious. The funny thing is, most of my bad ratings are in the 50 to 60% range so you could ask me the same thing. Have a good week and don't get blown away by the wind today.

View attachment 80149

This is a back nine cigar after the eighth bogey, and the liquor bottle has come out of the golf bag. At that point it doesn’t matter what it tastes like. ⛳

If this gets 2 1/2 stars, what would 1 star be? A literal turd? Just curious. The funny thing is, most of my bad ratings are in the 50 to 60% range so you could ask me the same thing. Have a good week and don't get blown away by the wind today.

Good afternoon @JoeMO .

Only if it's Maui Waui and part Labrador.

But, this one is a one star.

Last edited:
$2.58 Gilberto Oliva Reserva Blanc - May '23. About $7 online at C.I. this morning.

Mellow+ Nicaraguan filler - Habano binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

A nice, smooth stick.

Puffy rating: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Gilberto Olivia.jpg

$2,58 Oliva Serie G Cameroon. Nicaraguan - Habano binder - African Cameroon wrapper.

You can usually catch these on sale for <$4, and <$3 if you're patient. $7 everyday online.

Medium.

Puffy rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ +

Oliva G.jpg

Last edited: