• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Rey Del Mundo - Choix Supreme

cvmfour

Box Code - JNL ABR04

A little side not before I begin:
I smoke one of these from '01 and was not impressed at all by it. The wrapper was bad, it was very bitter, and a bad smoke. So I was hesitant to light this one up but I'm glad I did.

This cigar had beautiful contruction; the wrapper was smooth and only had 1 prominent vien showing. It didn't take a whole lot to get things going. Took to first puff and thin smoke came out. It was like this the whole time :0 . Not really putting out massive amounts of thick smoke, just thin smoke which really threw me for a loop since this was a Cuban. The taste was that of butter and may'be a little toasty spice was thrown in the mix. Only had to touch it up a few times to keep in from making a mountain out of the wrapper. All in all, it was a good smoke.

Oh and my occasion for smoking this, I had a bunch of tests this week and this was my "finally finished with the tests" smoke :thumbs: . Who said it always has to be a special occasion to smoke a cuban :D

I just tried one of these last week, I liked it very much... I didnt have any problems with the cigar, the only problem was I didnt want it to end! It was that good.
The draw was great and it had such a good burn to it, the taste was GREAT!!!!

Very good cigar, worth trying

-matt

I concur. These were the first box of cigars I ever bought (just a couple months ago).Very smooth and tasty indeed.

I have had one of those some time ago and i must say it wasnt the best looking cigar i have hold in my hand but it was rather good i must say. Some what untamed. Ruff and rather masculine. If you know what i mean.

Thats my 0.02 :D

I've has quite a few from '98 that are exceptional. These smoke are great with some age on them :thumbs:

I've got a few from 2001 and they are quite tasty. My favorite mild Cuban. :thumbs:

I have some from 2000, a cabinet, and some from 1999, a regular box, I haven't smoked any of them in quite some time because I was underwhelmed by the cigar and couldn't quite figure out what all the "buzz" was about. Maybe they just needed some extra time.

I lit up one from 04 last week and threw it out. Tasted like purfume. That's the 2nd ISOM that I've had like that. The other was a Fonseca. Is this what is meant by sick?

I smoked one of these a couple of days ago and I did not like it at all. Draw was too tight, it tasted like crap and I tossed it half way through. I have yet to have a good experience with these.