• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Rico Habano

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Well I have had this El Rico Habano in my humi for awhile so I thought I would smoke it. It started out burning just fine, and then got uneven and stayed that way until the last half. Cutting the cigar there was some wrapper damage and it started to unravel some which was disappointing but not all was lost. The draw was perfect and had good smoke volume. The first half was pretty much a cigar, tasted kinda woody or leathery, I always get the two flavors confused. The person I got it from said it was going to be like smoking a pepper, and I was dissapointed or skeptical after the first half, but then the 2nd half it was a pepper alright! Nice Nice spice to it that lingered a little bit but not so long that you needed a drink.

Overall this was a quality smoke. At MSRP ~$4 its worth a try. One of General Cigars lineup at cigarworld.

www.cigarworld.com

Just tried the torpedo yesterday on a recommend from a BOTL around the table at JR's rt17. The consensus was it may start out harsh and then really become a gem. Not my experience with it. There was never a note of harshness in this maduro. Really, really dark.

This was an excellent smoke to finish up a smoke session with. Really stayed with you.

This is a cigar I will go back to and snatch up if is ever discounted.

ELR's are a very pleasant surprise in a mid-priced stick! Hmmm.....I have a newbie trade coming up..... :laugh:

the natural wrapper in these are pretty strong. the maduros are less so but still strong. i like the natties.