• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Triunfador - New Blend

elderboy02

Date: 12/24/09

Cigar: El Triunfador (New Blend) (5 x 48)

Cost: These are not released yet. An online retailer was giving away 1 of these with a $15 purchase. I heard these are going to be released in early 2010

Drink: Coke

Appearance: There were no veins showing. The wrapper is flawless. It has a Habano wrapper from Ecuador. I love the look of the band. It is classy and elegant. The appearance gets a 10/10.

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Pre-Light: It had a normal tobacco taste to it. No distinct flavors popped out.

Construction: Held an above average ash. The draw was perfect. The cigar did not require many touchups.

Taste of the cigar: This cigar is spicy and dry. I also picked up some cedar notes. It had a long finish.

Strength: This is a medium bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar was phenomenal. I would definitely buy more of these again. I give it a 9/10. The flavor reminded me of the tasty Tatuaje Boris. You really can't compare these to last year's El Triunfador. It is apples and oranges b/c the wrappers are different.

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

That kinda saddens me that the Connecticut Broadleaf wasn't used as I think that was what really made the lancero shine.

If you don't mind my asking, what online shop had them as a bonus with the purchase? I'd like to get in on that if it still applies.

That kinda saddens me that the Connecticut Broadleaf wasn't used as I think that was what really made the lancero shine.

If you don't mind my asking, what online shop had them as a bonus with the purchase? I'd like to get in on that if it still applies.

It was New Havana. They are out of stock: El Triunfador

Careful dealing with them. You may end up with a tax bill in your mail soon. Search around here, you'll find a bunch of threads about their business practices.

Careful dealing with them. You may end up with a tax bill in your mail soon. Search around here, you'll find a bunch of threads about their business practices.

I won't get a tax bill. I live in OH. I have to pay the tax upfront when I checkout.

I won't get a tax bill. I live in OH. I have to pay the tax upfront when I checkout.

New Havana has been banned from CP.

I wouldn't call that a strong recommendation!

YMMV!

-Rob

New Havana has been banned from CP.

I wouldn't call that a strong recommendation!

YMMV!

-Rob

Thanks for the tip. I have ordered from them many times and I haven't had any problems.

It looks like everyone is trying to help you out here, so I'll give you a bit more information so you can be made fully aware and can't say that nobody told you so!

37% Tax Letter from NJ by New Havana almost 2 Years Later

MrPunch of NHC is banned...
Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

CP has always been about creating a friendly community of passionate cigar smokers. We do not exist as a platform for vendors to come here and get rich. The vendors who post at CP generally support this community in some way, typically by offering really good deals on products. When I find out a vendor is playing dirty, and tries to get other vendors in trouble by reporting their sales to the manufacturers, not only do I find that appalling, but down right wrong. It has come to my attention through irrefutable evidence that one of our newer vendors (who signed up recently) has reported several of our trusted members/vendors to the cigar manufacturers. He stated that certain members/vendors here are selling cigars below the allowed advertised price set by the manufacturers; possibly causing the vendors in question to lose these very important accounts!

mrpunch of newhavanacigars.com is the vendor who has reported several of our long term/distinguished/trusted vendors to the manufacturers. mrpunch recently signed up at CP, and has used our site for personal gain, and has gone way overboard by playing so dirty. To come here and expect to have all of the limelight right off the bat, and to step on the other vendors' heads the way he has is uncalled for. We do not need this type of membership at CP. mrpunch has been banned from CP.

MrPunch's Intro Thread...

Talk of Shady Dealings...

Evidence of Shady Dealings...!

So, take it for what it's worth. Like a handful of other members here, you'll probably turn up your nose at all this great advice and continue to purchase your Tatuajes from them, seeing as they are their #1 vendor. Everyone keeps telling you they're shady and you reply with, "Well that hasn't been my experience..." That's fine, but they screwed a damn fine vendor here to get ahead, and if you feel you want to support that type of integrity, then whatever.

Nice looking cigar. I do really like the original blend, but haven't tried the new one.

It looks like everyone is trying to help you out here, so I'll give you a bit more information so you can be made fully aware and can't say that nobody told you so!

37% Tax Letter from NJ by New Havana almost 2 Years Later

MrPunch of NHC is banned...
Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

CP has always been about creating a friendly community of passionate cigar smokers. We do not exist as a platform for vendors to come here and get rich. The vendors who post at CP generally support this community in some way, typically by offering really good deals on products. When I find out a vendor is playing dirty, and tries to get other vendors in trouble by reporting their sales to the manufacturers, not only do I find that appalling, but down right wrong. It has come to my attention through irrefutable evidence that one of our newer vendors (who signed up recently) has reported several of our trusted members/vendors to the cigar manufacturers. He stated that certain members/vendors here are selling cigars below the allowed advertised price set by the manufacturers; possibly causing the vendors in question to lose these very important accounts!

mrpunch of newhavanacigars.com is the vendor who has reported several of our long term/distinguished/trusted vendors to the manufacturers. mrpunch recently signed up at CP, and has used our site for personal gain, and has gone way overboard by playing so dirty. To come here and expect to have all of the limelight right off the bat, and to step on the other vendors' heads the way he has is uncalled for. We do not need this type of membership at CP. mrpunch has been banned from CP.

MrPunch's Intro Thread...

Talk of Shady Dealings...

Evidence of Shady Dealings...!

So, take it for what it's worth. Like a handful of other members here, you'll probably turn up your nose at all this great advice and continue to purchase your Tatuajes from them, seeing as they are their #1 vendor. Everyone keeps telling you they're shady and you reply with, "Well that hasn't been my experience..." That's fine, but they screwed a damn fine vendor here to get ahead, and if you feel you want to support that type of integrity, then whatever.

Thanks for the information. :)