• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

EMERGENCY BIERGARTEN PROBLEM!

What to do?

• Pay nothing go elsewhere (Churchill's?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pay 25 a head for 40 people (more people less money) for 1000 bucks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigMacFU

Tornado of Teeth
The poop has hit the fan, I went to the biergarten to confirm everything and they say they want 1000 dollars now because they heard over 100 people were coming and said there was a pamphlet going around about the event. I noticed there is now an event with Pilsner Urquell this Saturday which was non-existent back in May. They're giving away free mugs and probably a beer with it, so I think something better came along.

I want to apologize first and foremost to everybody. Especially for some of my BOTL coming in from out of town. Know that whatever happens, I'll make sure you are taken care of and we will herf!!!

As the poll indicates, we can pay the money and enjoy the biergarten, or we can go to Churchill's
http://www.mdsteakhouse.com/cigar.php on Long Island which is free, but a drive.

We could set up a car pool leaving from the Beer Garden area if need be (actually the N subway stop at Astoria Blvd).

So, let us know what you want to do...

Is that $25 that will go towards the food and drink ( deposit ) or money that they want just because we will be there ?

$25 just to walk into the joint and then you have to pay for beer and food is crazy imho. I vote for Churchills if they say its ok. Guys, we have to decide right away as we only have 3 days - lets rally around this challenge and agree on an alternate plan. :thumbs:

That is crazy if we go somewhere else that is less money they will make that day with their capacity they should be happy that more people are coming. Perhaps they are just not keen on having so many people come in and smoke cigars. They did not charge anything and had adds running in the paper for the Soccer event there were thousands of people there smoking cigarettes and they did not mind. I was there for one of the matches. :angry:

That's just wrong, what if we guarentee that we would spend $1,000?

I agree, not cool at all. But, we still gotta figure out what to do...

Did you check in with the people at Churchills. Would suck if we go there and they throw us out as well. It looks like not everyone will be ok with 40-50 people smoking cigars.

Can you please post a link to that place to see how far it is.

No way we can talk the owners at Biergarten into letting us have a good time?

If 50 people show up we are sure to leave them $1500-$2000 by the time we are done -- 5-6 hours of food, drinks etc it will be up there.

That was my point, if 40 people show up I'm sure we would drop at least a $1,000!

No way we can talk the owners at Biergarten into letting us have a good time?

If 50 people show up we are sure to leave them $1500-$2000 by the time we are done -- 5-6 hours of food, drinks etc it will be up there.

It's true. Did you emphasize that point when talking to the guy?
I guess if worse comes to worse, then Churchill's would be a go.; it at least has A/C. I wouldn't really want to pay it, based on principal alone.

Steve

Trust me, I tried everything guys, no way I'd be pulling this crap unless it was absolutely necessary. Blew me away, after trying rational explanation, all I got was 1000 dollars, everything I said, cut off with 1000 dollars.

Trust me, the fact the we have 40-50 people, quite a few people staying till close ;) Yeah, easily a few 1000. Didn't matter.

Talking to Churchill's owner tomorrow, he's off tonight. I'll sell it as their loss your gain.

Again, sorry, make sure if you don't want to pay the 25 you vote no.

Trust me, I tried everything guys, no way I'd be pulling this crap unless it was absolutely necessary. Blew me away, after trying rational explanation, all I got was 1000 dollars, everything I said, cut off with 1000 dollars.

Trust me, the fact the we have 40-50 people, quite a few people staying till close ;) Yeah, easily a few 1000. Didn't matter.

Talking to Churchill's owner tomorrow, he's off tonight. I'll sell it as their loss your gain.

Again, sorry, make sure if you don't want to pay the 25 you vote no.

Thanks for trying so hard Sean. I vote Chruchill's I guess. German food/beer would have been nice.. but F'em.

Steve

You need a ride, let me know, I've got one in the car so far other than me, got room for 3 more.

Sorry again guys, if you need to get a hold of me maccarthy@gmail.com

And by the way... can you add a +2 or +3 for me. Guys are just jumping on board.. :laugh:

steve

Sean, that's a bummer. It seems the owner of the Biergarten is trying to pull some opportunistic gangster sh*t. Although the convenience of the original location would have been nice, I voted for a new venue on principle. We shouldn't give in to this SOB springing this at the last minute. Screw them and let 'em miss out on the revenue. :angry:

I'll be driving down from beautiful Bridgeport,CT, right by the train station. I could give a lift early afternoon, return around 9 PM.

Alph

Thanks for the support guys, not just on the switch, but also on offering up rides. You guys are awesome!!!

Fu*k em' if they can't see the forest for the trees. I have room for one more (maybe even two since Roy R. Frush is real lean.... :p ) I am leaving from Harlem with astop on the Upper East before heading downtown and then out to ????? L.I?