• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Espinosa-03 Habano robusto

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This is one of my favorite lines from Espinosa. It is strong, but flavorful and does not kick your butt afterwards.
1/3: Butter. Some salt and oak.
2/3: Black pepper and salt.
3/3: Toast and salt.
Medium to full in flavor and strength. This is what I think off when I think of the basis for Espinosa blends. We will find out as I continue through the Espinosa line.
Another cigar that I would keep in my humidor. Easily a 5’ver and I would go deeper then that.
IMG_1510.jpeg

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite lines from Espinosa. It is strong, but flavorful and does not kick your butt afterwards.
1/3: Butter. Some salt and oak.
2/3: Black pepper and salt.
3/3: Toast and salt.
Medium to full in flavor and strength. This is what I think off when I think of the basis for Espinosa blends. We will find out as I continue through the Espinosa line.View attachment 68715

Great reviews as always Jon. I couldn't help but notice that you seem to get an awful lot of salt from your cigars. And a lot of these cigars I'm very familiar with.. and I don't get the pronounced salt that you do. Taste is subjective of course.. so what I taste compared to anyone else can be taken.. well.. with a grain of salt (total pun intended).

Do you get a lot of saltiness in general.. like food and drink as well? Obviously not stuff that is purposely salty or sodium packed.

I only ask because salty tastes in our mouths can have health reasons behind it. In particular, dehydration is a huge cause.. and so is general oral health.. especially with metallic tastes as well.

While it's probably just the notes you're getting because it's simply what your palate is picking up on. But I did want to at least mention it so it's on your radar. Dehydration is more common than we think and as we age our thirst drive lowers.. so we need to be more cognizant of our fluid intake.

Alright, that's all... keep those reviews coming you salty old man! 😛🧂👴

Thanks @xyz123. There was a time when I got vinegar in almost every Cuban cigar. Just ask @jfields or @CigSid. I know that tastes are subjective and having a flavor wheel or an idea in your head can skew what one perceives in the cigar. That being said, I’m curious if there is a particular tobacco in those blends that lends itself to a salty note. I smoke predominantly Nicaraguan cigars so I wonder if it’s tied to that? It’s not dehydration, evidence can be provided upon request.

Gonna take a page from the R Kelly book and post pics of your golden showers? 💦

Great review! I've slowly found myself gravitating towards Espinoza post-covid... they really excel as a second or third cigar of the day. I've now committed to having a fiver of the Habano Robusto on hand as well.