• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

EuroHerf '07

Cards&Gars

"Kellito"
My BOTLs and SOTLs,

Simply put… I had a great time with Shawn (Wurm) in Germany. He is a true lover of the leaf and I am honored to call him “friend.”

Shawn was kind enough to pick me up at the Nürnberg Haptbahnhof (train station), AND he also made arrangements at a nearby hotel. But…hey…it’s Germany so we made a pit stop and had a beer …well…not just any beer…but Tucher Dunkel and Bratwurstglöckleins (little grilled sausages) in Handwerkerhof (which is the oldest part of Nürnberg – the original keep and fortified part of the town.)

Bottom line… we drank and ate our fill and then dropped our bags off at the hotel and made a bee-line to the Mecca of cigar stores: Casa del Puro / La Casa del Habano. Shawn and I liked it so much; we bought the walk-in humidor... You are all invited. Anytime…

Our new Humi!
ournewhumivl6.jpg

Being the good American, I only smoked the White Owls (apparently they make a “puro”) from downstairs. I also was very surprised by Guatemalan rum that was aged 23 years… this is not your Bacardi Gold, my friends. This was something akin to sipping a good Merlot or fine single malt. I had no idea rum could be that good. (Gee thanks again, Shawn! Nothing like being addicted to things that are hard to get!) ahem!

It was all a cycle of sorts… We would eat and drink until we were full, then smoke until we were hungry and thirsty, then we would eat and drink until were full, then smoke until… Well, you get the picture.

Taking a break from smoking…Drinking more…
takingabreakfr3.jpg

...more smokin'
smokintj9.jpg

See a pattern forming?
representaz6.jpg

A good time… and I found a new Brother.
Thanks, Shawn…

C&G… Truly humbled by Wurm’s hospitality.

It was all a cycle of sorts… We would eat and drink until we were full, then smoke until we were hungry and thirsty, then we would eat and drink until were full, then smoke until… Well, you get the picture.

What were you smoking? Sounds like something I vaguely remember from the '60's!! :whistling:

Looks like a great time!

then smoke until we were hungry and thirsty, then we would eat and drink until were full, then smoke until… Well, you get the picture.

See a pattern forming?
representaz6.jpg

Judging from that last picture...............I think you might be on to something JS. :laugh: Kelly looks a little "Chinese Eyed."

What were you smoking? Sounds like something I vaguely remember from the '60's!! :whistling:

Kelly-

Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to get back to Germany. My father is retired Army and he was stationed in Stuttgart and Kaiserslautern during my early years.

I appreciate having experienced Germany, but regret that I wasn't older to better understand and appreciate the history.

Rob

Not that hard to find and far more reasonable in price then one would think.

My BOTLs and SOTLs,

I also was very surprised by Guatemalan rum that was aged 23 years… this is not your Bacardi Gold, my friends. This was something akin to sipping a good Merlot or fine single malt. I had no idea rum could be that good. (Gee thanks again, Shawn! Nothing like being addicted to things that are hard to get!) ahem!

C&G… Truly humbled by Wurm’s hospitality.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Man, you guys sure look like you're enjoying yourselves. I've been to Germany and Austria only once but I loved it. Hope to make it back soon.

Did you say what the rum was that you drank? Was it Zaya?

Wilkey

Thanks for sharing the photos. Man, you guys sure look like you're enjoying yourselves. I've been to Germany and Austria only once but I loved it. Hope to make it back soon.

Did you say what the rum was that you drank? Was it Zaya?

Wilkey

It was Zacapa Wilkey.

http://www.ronesdeguatemala.com/eng/index.php

And I've gone a good part of my life saying "I hate rum." Boy was I wrong, this stuff is the nectar of the goods.

On the first day we had the normal house Zacapa, and on the second day a Zacapa that was finished in a Sherry cask. Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit was that stuff good.

All and all it was a great weekend and one I will long remember.

Looks like you BOTL had a great time. I know on my next trip to Germany, I'll be making some time to HERF with the GRAF contingent again. Good times! :thumbs: