• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Everclear ? What to do with it ?

whopper

big freak
My brother was cleaning out his liquor cabinet and found a bottle of Everclear and was going to throw it out; instead I took it home.

Other than using it for the normal "i'm in college" PJ, soaked watermelon, etc..... are there any drinks out there using this stuff that an adult would enjoy ?

No offense meant to you college guys, I've just been there done that already. :cool:

My brother was cleaning out his liquor cabinet and found a bottle of Everclear and was going to throw it out; instead I took it home.

Other than using it for the normal "i'm in college" PJ, soaked watermelon, etc..... are there any drinks out there using this stuff that an adult would enjoy ?

No offense meant to you college guys, I've just been there done that already. :cool:

Get some Rita's italian ice and mix away. The mango flavor is especially awesome.

Ahh Everclear, its goddam evil if you drink it straight up. There have been many of mornings that I swore to myself I would never drink again after a night where Everclear was involved. I have used it in Jello Shots (cherry, strawberry, or Orange) and I have also made cherry bombs (Large Cherries de seeded and soaked in everclear). Both are fantastic, but you will be sorry the morning after. Thats a promise.

:cool:

Make Granita...Italian Ice. Squeeze a pile of lemons, add some sugar, and everclear to the strength/taste/kick you prefer.
Put it in a large baking pan and place it in the freezer. Take it out and scrape the sides and bottom probably every 15 minutes. The idea is to keep the ice crystals small.

Or, make a vulcan mind f%$k. I'd tell you how to make them, but it's been over 30 years since I had them, and they kicked me like a mule, destroying the numerous brain cells upon which that information was stored :blush:

edit for spelling..apparently everclear destroys typing ability as well.

It was said somewhere that you could add some to the water tank in your cabinet humidifier to control mold. Our resident chemist Wilkey pointed out that concentration required to arrest mold growth would be so high that you wouldn't like the smell in the cabinet.

I'd originally bought a pint of the evil stuff for just that reason. Now, it's only used for "dare" shots...... :laugh:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Now, it's only used for "dare" shots...... :laugh:

Cheers - B.B.S.
I hit a shot of Everclear last year and it damn near took me out. It took every ounce of energy I had to keep from bringing it right back up. I use a lot of ethanol (or ethyl alcohol) at work and I would have done just as good drinking some of that. PJ or trashcan for me....or a trashcan full of PJ. :)

Shot of everclear
Can of Mountain Dew
Squeeze of lime
Garnish with mint

Mmm...everclear... :whistling:

Derek

Since all it is is high proof Vodka for all intents and purposes just cut it in half and use as you would Vodka. The real Everclear I know was 190 proof which would make 95 proof Vodka although I have seen lower proof Everclear at 160 proof which would make standard 80 proof Vodka if cut in half.

I had an entire watch admitted to the hospital with gastritis because of the shit. I use it to clean my pipes.

Doc.

Since all it is is high proof Vodka for all intents and purposes just cut it in half and use as you would Vodka. The real Everclear I know was 190 proof which would make 95 proof Vodka although I have seen lower proof Everclear at 160 proof which would make standard 80 proof Vodka if cut in half.

It depends on where you are, some states limit how pure the alcohol can be. Here in Florida the strongest stuff I've found is 153 proof.

My buddies and I on a regular basis buy a Everclear like drink called diesel, same proof as everclear, it's just distilled from something else (I think) . They usually mix it 1 part diesel to 2 parts soda, tastes like shit.

I was at a party a little while ago where it was used to make some jungle juice that tasted pretty good. Your best bet is to mix it with whatever juices and sodas you think might taste good and experiment a bit, you probably shouldn't drink it straight.

You may be looking for more adult drinks but I don't know if you'll find any. Some are suggesting it can be cut and turned into something similar to vodka, you can do this, just don't be expecting it to taste anything close to a decent vodka.

Other than that I expect it can be used to strip paint, take stains out of carpet (I actually did this once), or as a disinfectant.

I'm thinking I might just let it sit for a few years, see if it will mellow, lose it's edge.

It is the 190 proof BTW.

Since vodka isn't SUPPOSED to have any taste this should be the easiest to match.

Some are suggesting it can be cut and turned into something similar to vodka, you can do this, just don't be expecting it to taste anything close to a decent vodka.

I agree that the dilution method will likely give a horrible tasting vodka. What I can recommend is to infuse the rancid compound with fruit and then treat it like very strong flavored vodka:

1) Take a standard size Mason Jar and fill it with two tablespoons of sugar and the fruit of your choice. Mix the fruit and sugar some while filling the jar. When I say fill it, I mean all the way to the top but not cramming it into all the open spaces. You can use more than two tablespoons of sugar but you run the risk of making it too syrupy and with a result that tastes like Cisco. (My production of this was made with raspberry. Berries work well because they are packed with flavor while things like apples are going to be too mild to mask the underlying horror of the Everclear. Peaches also work well for some reason).
2) Once the jar is filled satisfactorily with fruit and sugar, pour as much Everclear in the jar as possible.
3) Seal the jar and place it somewhere that the sun will hit it regularly and leave it there for a week or ten days.
4) After that, strain out the fruit and keep the liquid...you can mash the fruit to make sure all liquid is realized but still strain out the pulp.

The resulting infused Everclear will have been diluted by the natural liquid in the fruit. It will also be flavored by the sugar and the fruit juice. While I can say that drinking it straight like this can be accomplished, I found the drink to be very medicinal in flavor. It is shockingly good when mixed with a clear soda of any kind. Moderation is advised, this stuff will roll out of the Mason Jar like a cobra on crack.

Since vodka isn't SUPPOSED to have any taste this should be the easiest to match.

Some are suggesting it can be cut and turned into something similar to vodka, you can do this, just don't be expecting it to taste anything close to a decent vodka.

You are correct, I guess taste was the wrong word.

To rephrase what I said it will be some of the harshest vodka you would ever try. Think 2 liter plastic bottle harsh.

I agree that the dilution method will likely give a horrible tasting vodka. What I can recommend is to infuse the rancid compound with fruit and then treat it like very strong flavored vodka:

1) Take a standard size Mason Jar and fill it with two tablespoons of sugar and the fruit of your choice. Mix the fruit and sugar some while filling the jar. When I say fill it, I mean all the way to the top but not cramming it into all the open spaces. You can use more than two tablespoons of sugar but you run the risk of making it too syrupy and with a result that tastes like Cisco. (My production of this was made with raspberry. Berries work well because they are packed with flavor while things like apples are going to be too mild to mask the underlying horror of the Everclear. Peaches also work well for some reason).
2) Once the jar is filled satisfactorily with fruit and sugar, pour as much Everclear in the jar as possible.
3) Seal the jar and place it somewhere that the sun will hit it regularly and leave it there for a week or ten days.
4) After that, strain out the fruit and keep the liquid...you can mash the fruit to make sure all liquid is realized but still strain out the pulp.

The resulting infused Everclear will have been diluted by the natural liquid in the fruit. It will also be flavored by the sugar and the fruit juice. While I can say that drinking it straight like this can be accomplished, I found the drink to be very medicinal in flavor. It is shockingly good when mixed with a clear soda of any kind. Moderation is advised, this stuff will roll out of the Mason Jar like a cobra on crack.

I don't know why I didn't think of this ?!? :blush: Just like flavored moonshine....so some people have told me.... :whistling: ;)

I had an entire watch admitted to the hospital with gastritis because of the shit. I use it to clean my pipes.

Doc.

If truth be known, it was probably torpedo fuel (Dad tells me horror stories during WWII when they mixed it with Pineapple Juice, calling it "Kikapoo Joy Juice" - and the havoc it caused the medics).

Not knowing what else to do with the currants growing in my back yard (and at the urging of a friend) I did this. I used a whole crapload of currants with a large bottle of Everclear so there was a significant currant presence. Actually was surprisingly good - bottled some up and passed it around to the family for Xmas one year...

Had to drink it shortly after it was made, though - it went from a very pretty red to a very ugly brown in less than a year.

ROTFLMAO!! Very well put!
I worked in a hospital histology lab for a while a long time ago and 190 proof was abundant. Today you couldn't pay me enough to get that caustic, evil stuff over my lips and tongue!
And the hangover ... OMG!!

Back