• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Everything is $1.00

Larry what where the two I tried? I need to know!

review for #3

about 6 1/2 inches and 46g?
The wrapper was a mottled dark brown. Solid ,but roughly put together.The cigar was soft, a lot of give when mashed on.

pre-light aroma was a straight forward tobacco smell, not unpleasent.
The cigar lit easy. The burn was a little ragged at times, but generally even.
The ash produced was a dark grey and very loose.

The taste was ok. The smoke was plentiful, but the cigar burned/tasted hot.
I could taste a nice flavor in the background of the smoke, unfourtunatly it was subdued by a hashness and the heat.

The cigar was only getting hotter as I smoked. I put it down just after the halfway point, it was getting rather unpeasent by this point.

This may have been a better cigar if it had not been so loose. Maybe it was
damaged in packing or transport?

Overall thumbs down for this one

Bill

Okay, I owe some reviews here:

I took pack Alpha. I've had two cigars out of here so far, #s 2 & 3. I had them awhile ago so I may have the sizes matched to the wrong # (Larry, let me know if I do please). But here goes:

#2 Robusto

I really don't remember this one much. I do remember the construction was pretty good. It had a nice draw but not much flavor. A light medium body and overall unimpressive. I would definately guess this was a $1 cigar.

#3 Churchill

This one I do remember! Prelight aroma was very grassy. Draw was actually very good (almost perfect by my standards). Construction was "ok" but lots of discoloration in the wrapper. The prelight aroma wasn't misleading, this cigar tasted very young. Lots of grassy flavor. I toughed it out, hoping it would get better but in the end I couldn't finish it. I got about 3/4 through it and I couldn't take it anymore. I certainly hope this was a $1 cigar.

Shibumi said:
Ok Larry, I smoked the petit corona in the Epsilon (label missing) bag. Lit this up for an after lunch smoke. First thing I noticed was the huge volumes of smoke this cigar provided. From the start the flavor reminded me of the lower end ISOM's I've tried. Nice flavor med-full. The burn was even with a thick carbon ring (I think that means cheap?). If this was a $1 cigar, I want to buy a bundle. They are a real tasty, quick cigar with TONS of smoke, which I like. Towards the end I had a slight problem with the wrapper, but it was already a done deal!

Edit to add that I smoked #3 on the way home from work. That ain't no dollar ceegar! My straight up guess without any review? LG Diez Cubano?
[snapback]278677[/snapback]​

Ok, since you gotta know, and there are no others in any of the remaining bags the petite corona, should have been labled #4 was a Puros Indios. Got a 5'er for $5 at the devil. #3 was not a dollar cigar so you are correct in that. It was a Perdomo reserve. Too bad, now you only have the dollar stuff left... :D

wam79 said:
review for #3

about 6 1/2 inches and 46g?
The wrapper was a mottled dark brown. Solid ,but roughly put together.The cigar was soft, a lot of give when mashed on.

pre-light aroma was a straight forward tobacco smell, not unpleasent.
The cigar lit easy. The burn was a little ragged at times, but generally even.
The ash produced was a dark grey and very loose.

The taste was ok. The smoke was plentiful, but the cigar burned/tasted hot.
I could taste a nice flavor in the background of the smoke, unfourtunatly it was subdued by a hashness and the heat.

The cigar was only getting hotter as I smoked. I put it down just after the halfway point, it was getting rather unpeasent by this point.

This may have been a better cigar if it had not been so loose. Maybe it was
damaged in packing or transport?

Overall thumbs down for this one

Bill
[snapback]279765[/snapback]​

Bill, Eta #3 was something called a Duque. Definitely worth a buck and that's giving 50 cents.

grand cru no 2 said:
Okay, I owe some reviews here:

I took pack Alpha. I've had two cigars out of here so far, #s 2 & 3. I had them awhile ago so I may have the sizes matched to the wrong # (Larry, let me know if I do please). But here goes:

#2 Robusto

I really don't remember this one much. I do remember the construction was pretty good. It had a nice draw but not much flavor. A light medium body and overall unimpressive. I would definately guess this was a $1 cigar.

#3 Churchill

This one I do remember! Prelight aroma was very grassy. Draw was actually very good (almost perfect by my standards). Construction was "ok" but lots of discoloration in the wrapper. The prelight aroma wasn't misleading, this cigar tasted very young. Lots of grassy flavor. I toughed it out, hoping it would get better but in the end I couldn't finish it. I got about 3/4 through it and I couldn't take it anymore. I certainly hope this was a $1 cigar.
[snapback]279801[/snapback]​

Well, #2 was a Cammacho Havana. Usually I like those. #3 was as you suspected a $1.00 cigar called East India. I think it is a Honsotia of some sort.

golfgar said:
It was a Perdomo reserve. 
[snapback]279867[/snapback]​

Good smoke. A little strong, glad I smoked it after I ate something. :p

I made an error that Tom (Hudsonvalley) pointed out. I put a Ramon Allones 898, not a Partagas 898. The RA is a greater value, so I hope no one minds.

hudsonvalley said:
Man this makes me nervous.... But I guess if you don't get nervous about a pass maybe it is taken a little too lightly.
[snapback]278205[/snapback]​
Okay, my brothers, this is what I meant. Jeff gave me a heads up that a lot of the cigars were not numbered, He was right, about a third of them had no number or had the old number from their 'take'.

And there are 30 cigars in this pass, not the 29 listed currently*. Someone put in a Cuesta Rey Pyr #9 that I can't find listed in the thread. Of course that is not such a problem. And at least one of the original cigars was not in it's original baggie :0 . A definate problem as the rules clearly state that you should not remove any cigar that is not part of your p/t.

Also the rules stated to do an inventory and make sure all the cigars are numbered.

So I think a small amount of nervousness should be a part of any participation in a pass.

Looking forward to trying these smokes, Larry. Thanks for letting me play. :)

edited: *it shows 32 now because my takes are still black as I type this.

So just waiting to confirm that Eric is there to receive and that he lives in Georgia, not Tennesee :) (profile has both)

I'm ready. Send it!

And to clarify, I live right on the state line of GA and TN. My address is Rossville, GA...but Rossville and Chattanooga are separated by a sign that says Welcome to Tennessee and that's it, so it's easier to say I'm from Chattanooga since I pretty much am.

Pass arrived today. I just now got home from work, so I will do puts and takes tommorrow afternoon when I get home from work.

Ok, I took inventory of the pass and everything was there. Two of the cigars were in bags with numbers different than they were on the list, so I got that straightened out. There was a Cuesta Rey Stanford's Reserve that didn't have a number assigned to it, so I assigned it #56.

Here are my proposed p/t's:

Take: #56 Cuesta Rey Stanford Reserva, #41 Fuente Cuban Beli
Put: #57 La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurado Natural, #58 PAM Principie

If nobody has any problems with these, I'll get it out Monday. And I think I took the Theta bag, but I'm not at home right now, so I'll double-check it tomorrow.

EDIT: Yes, I took the Theta bag

Eshaw99 said:
Put: #57 La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurado
[snapback]282130[/snapback]​

I just tried one of these, gifted to me by rob300c. What a great little cigar. It kept getting better as I smoked it.

Shibumi said:
Eshaw99 said:
Put: #57 La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurado
[snapback]282130[/snapback]​

I just tried one of these, gifted to me by rob300c. What a great little cigar. It kept getting better as I smoked it.
[snapback]282169[/snapback]​

This one isn't the little one, it's the big one. I can't remember the name of this particular size, but I'm pretty sure it was the one that was on the Top 40 cigars of the year list that was in cA.