• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Everything is $1.00

The plays look fine. There should be 2 left. That natural wrapper version of the LGC figuardo was on the top 10 list if I recall correctly.

It was the natural that I put in, I'll edit my post to reflect that.

Package going out tomorrow. Thanks for letting me play :thumbs:

DC: 0103 8555 7496 5992 3825

Review for cigar #1 from Eta bag

This was a long cigar 6.5- 7 inches and I estimate 46g
The wrapper was a mottled chocolate brown with a prominent veins.
The cigar was very firm
The cigar lit easily. The draw was tight which led to little smoke.
I hoped that the cigar would loosen up as it burned.
It continued tight and I had to Lewinsky the thing to get smoke out of it
At first the flavor was ok with a nice mild tabacco taste. After the half way point the flavor became sour. I smoed another 1.5 - 2 inches and had to set it down.

The cigar was not very good, but I think that was related to the bad draw.
If this was a $1 cigar it may have been the one in the bundle that is plugged.
Based on the cigar I smoked.... YECH !!

Bill

wam79 said:
Review for cigar #1 from Eta bag

This was a long cigar 6.5- 7 inches and I estimate 46g
The wrapper was a mottled chocolate brown with a prominent veins.
The cigar was very firm
The cigar lit easily. The draw was tight which led to little smoke.
I hoped that the cigar would loosen up as it burned.
It continued tight and I had to Lewinsky the thing to get smoke out of it
At first the flavor was ok with a nice mild tabacco taste. After the half way point the flavor became sour. I smoed another 1.5 - 2 inches and had to set it down.

The cigar was not very good, but I think that was related to the bad draw.
If this was a $1 cigar it may have been the one in the bundle that is plugged.
Based on the cigar I smoked.... YECH !!

Bill
[snapback]282792[/snapback]​

Bill, that smoke, my friend, was the vaunted......RIATA. However, the vendor says this about the RIATA "Riata is a Honduran-made cigar that employs a Mexican wrapper and aged Honduran fillers to produce a nice, medium-bodied cigar that’s well-made and consistent enough to become an every day, go-to $2 smoke. It ain’t no box of chocolates, but it ain’t a dud, either. "

I say DUD! :laugh: I guess since I only paid a buck for them, I got a 50% discount.
:laugh:

Review of Cigar #1 from the Theta bag:

This was actually a very good-looking cigar. It had a very smooth, reddish-brown wrapper. Almost corojo-ish. It lit up very easily and had a nice, easy draw with lots of smoke. It was a little bland at first, so I thought it was going to be pretty mild. About a third of the way into it, it started to get a bit more robust. It wasn't a whopper, but it had a nice little spice to it. I set it down with about an 1 1/2 inches left as it started to turn bitter. If this was a $1 cigar, I'd like to know what it is so I can pick up a bundle. It wasn't the best cigar I've ever had, but definitely worth a dollar.

So what was it???

Eshaw99 said:

This was actually a very good-looking cigar. It had a very smooth, reddish-brown wrapper. Almost corojo-ish. It lit up very easily and had a nice, easy draw with lots of smoke. It was a little bland at first, so I thought it was going to be pretty mild. About a third of the way into it, it started to get a bit more robust. It wasn't a whopper, but it had a nice little spice to it. I set it down with about an 1 1/2 inches left as it started to turn bitter. If this was a $1 cigar, I'd like to know what it is so I can pick up a bundle. It wasn't the best cigar I've ever had, but definitely worth a dollar.

So what was it???
[snapback]282857[/snapback]​

Gurkha Maduro. Only buck ceegars left in your bag. Hopefully you find something else you like in there.

Thanks for the review, this experiment is interesting since it seems there are some dollar bargains out there. :)

golfgar said:
Eshaw99 said:

This was actually a very good-looking cigar.  It had a very smooth, reddish-brown wrapper.  Almost corojo-ish.  It lit up very easily and had a nice, easy draw with lots of smoke.  It was a little bland at first, so I thought it was going to be pretty mild.  About a third of the way into it, it started to get a bit more robust.  It wasn't a whopper, but it had a nice little spice to it.  I set it down with about an 1 1/2 inches left as it started to turn bitter.  If this was a $1 cigar, I'd like to know what it is so I can pick up a bundle.  It wasn't the best cigar I've ever had, but definitely worth a dollar.

So what was it???

Gurkha Maduro. Only buck ceegars left in your bag. Hopefully you find something else you like in there.

Thanks for the review, this experiment is interesting since it seems there are some dollar bargains out there. :)
[snapback]282977[/snapback]​

I figured it wasn't the $1 cigar, but I was hoping. Here's a review for cigar #2:

This one was a churchill-sized fugly stick. Mottled, faded brown wrapper. Lots of veins. I lit this one up, and didn't taste anything at all. The draw was...to quote Full Metal Jacket, like "sucking a golf ball through a garden hose". I could hardly pull any smoke through it at all. What smoke I did get didn't make me want to fight it for more. I tossed it after smoking only about a third of it.

Eshaw99 said:
golfgar said:
Eshaw99 said:

This was actually a very good-looking cigar.  It had a very smooth, reddish-brown wrapper.  Almost corojo-ish.  It lit up very easily and had a nice, easy draw with lots of smoke.  It was a little bland at first, so I thought it was going to be pretty mild.  About a third of the way into it, it started to get a bit more robust.  It wasn't a whopper, but it had a nice little spice to it.  I set it down with about an 1 1/2 inches left as it started to turn bitter.  If this was a $1 cigar, I'd like to know what it is so I can pick up a bundle.  It wasn't the best cigar I've ever had, but definitely worth a dollar.

So what was it???

[snapback]282977[/snapback]​

I figured it wasn't the $1 cigar, but I was hoping. Here's a review for cigar #2:

This one was a churchill-sized fugly stick. Mottled, faded brown wrapper. Lots of veins. I lit this one up, and didn't taste anything at all. The draw was...to quote Full Metal Jacket, like "sucking a golf ball through a garden hose". I could hardly pull any smoke through it at all. What smoke I did get didn't make me want to fight it for more. I tossed it after smoking only about a third of it.
[snapback]283018[/snapback]​

Something called Duque. Not too many good things to say about that. Virtually no redeeeming characteristics.

golfgar said:
Something called Duque. Not too many good things to say about that. Virtually no redeeeming characteristics.
[snapback]283072[/snapback]​

Now THAT'S a cigar to jot down on my "to buy" list! :laugh:

Quick post to confirm I have received the box. I'll do the inventory and my P/T's later this evening...

Ok, I did the inventory.
Cigar #23 is not there, there is a bag that was labled 23 that has been scratched out and 49 written on it.
The condition of the cigars is good.

P/T's? I'm still contemplating...

Sorry, it's been crazy around here!

There is only one bag left, no label.

Proposed

T - #33 CAO CX2 robusto
T - #24 Anejo (churchill size)

P - SLR Corona
P - Tatuaje Cojonu

Let me know if this is OK, if I get a reply soon enough I will get this out in the morning.

gandolf565 said:
Sorry, it's been crazy around here!

There is only one bag left, no label.

Proposed

T - #33 CAO CX2 robusto
T - #24 Anejo (churchill size)

P - SLR Corona
P - Tatuaje Cojonu

Let me know if this is OK, if I get a reply soon enough I will get this out in the morning.
[snapback]284625[/snapback]​

What is an SLR? San Luis Rey?

Shibumi, that's what I was thinking too.

Plays are OK. Let's get this thing done. Thanks to all who played. I will post the Resetta Stone after the pass comes home, but some reviews are still pending. :D

The pass has come back. Very special thanks to all who participated and went above and beyond with the trades. :)

I am going to ask that the pass now be moved to completed passes. That does not mean we cannot still post the remaining reviews of those fine smokes that we ended up with. As soon as the pass is moved the Rosetta Stone will be posted so you can all see what each of the "very special" smokes you selected are called, and if there are some diamonds in the rough out there let us know.

Thanks again hope you all had fun!

Larry

Review for cigar #1 in the package with no name <dun dun duhhhhhh>

Churchhill sized smoke, decent construction, not bad smelling. The wrapper was sort of mottled tan and dark brown, almost black.

Prelight draw revealed a decent draw, but not really giving any hints as to the contents. Generally it was just a sweet tobacco taste.

In smoking this cigar I was actually kind of surprised that it was as good as it was. I sort of figured it would be um "questionable". It wasn't what I would call a great cigar but it was not a bad cigar by any means. Decent flavor, although nothing really jumped out at me like some cigars do. The ash was mostly white, and held on a good while. I was driving so I didn't let it get unmanagable.

Over all, if it was a $1.00 cigar it was decent. I have spent much more than $1.00 on cigars that I liked less.

Review for cigar #5 in the package with no name <insert scary music here>.

I pulled this cigar beacuse of it's size, robusto or there abouts.

The construction of this cigar screamed quality, perfect in every way, silky smooth wrapper, triple cap(!), firm. The smell of this cigar was good, the prelight draw revealed a certain amount of spice. I actually got a bit of tobacco on my tongue, and it was the same.

Lighting and smoking this cigar was a pleasure, the spicyness was there, along with just a hint of sweetness. The ash was perfect, white and firm.

I would say this cigar was a Tatajuie. If not I really want to know what it was so I can buy more, at a buck a stick it would be a HELL of a bargain!