• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Exhaling

Exhaling

• Nose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mouth

• Both

• Total voters

matalo

I remember reading an article, in CA I believe, where Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) was being interviewed about cigars and how he smokes them. What I remeber most about his answer was that you cannot truly enjoy a cigar unless you exhale solely through the nose.

I have tried to exhale through the nose and have yet to be successful. I find my throat locks up and nothing happens when I try to breathe through my nose. Perhaps I am too much of a weenie and am unable to perform (wait, that is another topic).

So, who here exhales via nostrils, via mouth, or both?

Both for me. I agree with the article you metion. I have a better appreciation for the subtle flavors now that I exhale thru my mouth and nose.

Both. A slow mouth exhale with lips pucked helps taste the aroma better than a quick mouth exhale.

I do both, I liked the puckered lip technique myself as well, besides, it makes it easy to swap smoke..er...uh...Hmmm ???

Nevr mind, that was Spit I was thinking of :0

i also do both. you really taste the flavors better.
sometimes the cigar is a little strong to exhale through my nose.
talk about burn.

How is it that you exhale through the nose? You would have to actually inhale the smoke rather than just mouthing it right? I usually do a slight french inhale in order to taste all of the flavors, but i'm curious how one would exhale through the nose any other way.

Vic

French Inhale:

This is a very seductive technique that will make men drool over you. All you need to do is take a good sized drag and open your mouth while removing the cigartette, then very lightly, inhale through your nose. Don't inhale at all through your mouth, because that will destroy the effect completely. If done right, the smoke will casually waft out of your mouth and into your nose. You can follow through with a regular mouth inhale just to make sure you inhale all the smoke. Again, this one needs practice.

It is absolutely true that a thick french inhale will help you feel the effects of the smoke in your sinuses. They are close to your brain and can deliver the sensation even faster than your lungs can. It is a pleasant experience.

The French inhale I assume is not what I am doing, heck I dunno, I just open the throat enough to allow the smoke to pass through the sinuses and OUT the nose, rather than in.

Really want to learn how to smoke cigars and have fun doing it??

http://www.planetrapido.com/dse/carnal/ind...gar_smoking.htm

Ah, yes...the french inhale! I mastered that a few years ago! you are right..the men go crazy! ;) ;)

Mike: Thanks bro LOL

sorry the link didn't get into the post above, it is fixed now
:D

PB: when you exhale through the nose, are you inhaling any of the smoke into your lungs or just puffing it with your mouth? If there is a way to exhale through the nose, but not inhale it first, then i'd really like to learn how.

Thanks,
Vic

PB french inhale master?

I'm finding myself curiously aroused. :lookup:

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

J Lew said:
I'm finding myself curiously aroused.
:0 :0 :0 And I thought you were a fine outstanding protector of the innocent! :0 :0 :0

LOL @ JL

Actually Vik, it never gets to my lungs. I suppose it is right at the tip of them and suppose a small apount probably does. Basically, I Draw in the smoke ( you will notice that the back of the tongue will keep smoke from going down your windpipe). Then as I open the back of my throat (by lowering the tongue) while keeping the mouth closed, I exhale from my lungs. This pressure going out, stops smoke from going in at the same time that it pushes the smoke through the sinuses to the nostrils. Then I will open my lips so as to have smoke boiling out of my mouth and both nostrils (assuming niether nostril is plugged up at the time :p )

The added "flavors" that come from the nostrils gives the cigar a taste much different than you get by mouth alone.

I hope that detailed description will be of some use.

Word of caution, do not try the above method for the first time with a strong cigar: ie a Boli. The tears this causes will put out your cigar. :(

Wascal

I'm going to try this tonight. hopefully i can get it to work. I'll try a really mild stick to start.

Thanks,
Vic

PB: you'll be proud to know that i was able to exhale through my nose without inhaling :D The real problem is that it's a real chore for me to do. I can't always get it to work 100% of the time. I also noticed that it did improve the flavor over a regular puff, but the french inhale still tasted better. Has anyone else noticed this? I tried to choose a very light cigar, and it still stung pretty bad. I'll keep practicing it, but i'm not going to abandon my french inhale :)

Vic

LOL, I hear ya Vik. The way I see it, whatever method of Inhale/Exhale that gives you the most pleasure in smoking, that is the method you should use. I see all kinds of ways exibited by the folks I have met at mini herfs. What I hope I see in each face is pleasure in the smoking. :D