Expensive Gurkha?

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
Heard of the Gurkha Triad Platinum Maduro? Just another expensive gurkha that isn't worth the money? :rolleyes:

in2xshp

Banned
Yep, I've smoked one of each, the maduro was ok but neither tasted any better than a Cusano Batch Series you can buy for about $2. Thankfully both were gifted because in no way would I spend that much money on any Gurkha.

mu mike

It's not a lie if you believe it.
Friends don't let friends smoke Gurkhas.

MoeCizlak

Built for comfort
Heck, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Gurkha His Royal Majesty. A box of those goes for around 15 large. Supposedly a whole bottle of Louis XIII goes into each cigar. I'll bet they taste great.

NASTY

Cold Fire
Heck, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Gurkha His Royal Majesty. A box of those goes for around 15 large. Supposedly a whole bottle of Louis XIII goes into each cigar. I'll bet they taste great.

I never heard of this so I searched for it a bit and came across this on cigar.com:

Gurkha His Majesty’s Reserve (HMR) holds the title of “world’s most expensive cigar ever made." If you are looking for the absolute best, this is it. :laugh:

For years, Gurkha has been known as the "Rolls Royce" of the cigar industry----I stopped reading after this and am no longer interested after this :sign:

BrooksW

You would be wrong! LOL!

http://tinyurl.com/ykhd8wh

~brooks

MoeCizlak

Built for comfort
Yeah, I should've used an emoticon to express my intended sarcasm. I got to thinking though, 75 boxes of 20 cigars each equals 1500 bottles of a very expensive cognac. I have no idea the rarity or annual production of Louis XIII but that seems like an awful lot of cognac used for the express purpose of infusing a Gurkha. I think I will hunt one down so I can put it in a pass for a 1492 or some such.

Kid Montana

Yeah, I should've used an emoticon to express my intended sarcasm. I got to thinking though, 75 boxes of 20 cigars each equals 1500 bottles of a very expensive cognac. I have no idea the rarity or annual production of Louis XIII but that seems like an awful lot of cognac used for the express purpose of infusing a Gurkha. I think I will hunt one down so I can put it in a pass for a 1492 or some such.

Its only one bottle per box, not per cigar, fyi.

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
Based on the $750 per HMR Gurkha, I could buy either 3 cigars or a bottle of Louis XIII and have $250 left in pocket. I'd go with the bottle personally.

Salukis63

Late blooming FOG bomber
Proof that a fool and his money are soon parted.... anything priced that blatantly isn't a good cigar...it's a warped status symbol...

MoeCizlak

Built for comfort

Its only one bottle per box, not per cigar, fyi.

Ah, thank you. I was misreading that. Still a shame about the cognac.