• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Expensive Gurkha?

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
Heard of the Gurkha Triad Platinum Maduro? Just another expensive gurkha that isn't worth the money? :rolleyes:

Yep, I've smoked one of each, the maduro was ok but neither tasted any better than a Cusano Batch Series you can buy for about $2. Thankfully both were gifted because in no way would I spend that much money on any Gurkha.

Friends don't let friends smoke Gurkhas.

Heck, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Gurkha His Royal Majesty. A box of those goes for around 15 large. Supposedly a whole bottle of Louis XIII goes into each cigar. I'll bet they taste great.

Heck, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Gurkha His Royal Majesty. A box of those goes for around 15 large. Supposedly a whole bottle of Louis XIII goes into each cigar. I'll bet they taste great.

I never heard of this so I searched for it a bit and came across this on cigar.com:

Gurkha His Majesty’s Reserve (HMR) holds the title of “world’s most expensive cigar ever made." If you are looking for the absolute best, this is it. :laugh:

For years, Gurkha has been known as the "Rolls Royce" of the cigar industry----I stopped reading after this and am no longer interested after this :sign:

You would be wrong! LOL!

http://tinyurl.com/ykhd8wh

~brooks

Yeah, I should've used an emoticon to express my intended sarcasm. I got to thinking though, 75 boxes of 20 cigars each equals 1500 bottles of a very expensive cognac. I have no idea the rarity or annual production of Louis XIII but that seems like an awful lot of cognac used for the express purpose of infusing a Gurkha. I think I will hunt one down so I can put it in a pass for a 1492 or some such.

Yeah, I should've used an emoticon to express my intended sarcasm. I got to thinking though, 75 boxes of 20 cigars each equals 1500 bottles of a very expensive cognac. I have no idea the rarity or annual production of Louis XIII but that seems like an awful lot of cognac used for the express purpose of infusing a Gurkha. I think I will hunt one down so I can put it in a pass for a 1492 or some such.

Its only one bottle per box, not per cigar, fyi.

Based on the $750 per HMR Gurkha, I could buy either 3 cigars or a bottle of Louis XIII and have $250 left in pocket. I'd go with the bottle personally.

Proof that a fool and his money are soon parted.... anything priced that blatantly isn't a good cigar...it's a warped status symbol...

Its only one bottle per box, not per cigar, fyi.

Ah, thank you. I was misreading that. Still a shame about the cognac.