• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake Cohiba?

oldmuscle

I went into a local liquor shop in the Chicago suburbs to purchase a cigar after finding out our destination was cigar friendly. Quickly, I looked through the minimal selection looking for a larger size. Without even noting the brand, I grabbed one, purchased and took out to the car. When I got in the car I noted the cigar was apparently a Cohiba as it had this band...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/Par...ut/14band-1.jpg

I didn't go back in, but recall the box was stamped Siglo IV....maybe VI. Was wondering if this is a more popular fake....I presume it's a fake. It wasn't a bad smoke, started nicely but became somewhat "earthy" toward the end.

Just curious if this is a new twist to conterfeits. Thanks.

You are buying a cuban cigar from a local liquor store? That is your number 1 clue as to what you are buying. In short....you NEVER find cubans at a liquor store. Therefore, fake.

Do us a favor, go over to the introduce yourself here thread and post there first. Read the guidelines closely to give you an idea.

With that, we can figure out where you're from, etc. If you are from the states, I doubt it is even implied that this was Cuban, but rather an imitation.

Edit to add: Oops, I missed the Chicago Burbs part, unless you edited that in after I posted. :blush:

This is just a knock off. It's a cheap Dominican cigar. The American company that owns the rights to Cohiba, sued the one that made yours and had them shut down.

Now! Go introduce yourself.

2388.jpg

These aren't Cuban Cohiba... Dominican Cohiba....

As mentioned, check out the Introduce Yourself thread and introduce yourself. Welcome to CP.

mac

It doesn't say "Cohiba" on it so it isn't even being represented as a Cuban cigar.

I don't know what it is but it sure isn't a Cuban cigar, that's for sure.

Looks like someone is making a house brand with a band to look like a Cuban Cohiba. Was it vanilla flavored? :laugh:

Looks like someone is making a house brand with a band to look like a Cuban Cohiba. Was it vanilla flavored? :laugh:

This is interesting. I actually picked some of these up when I first got into cigars from a little wine shop down the road. I smoked a couple of them... they were torpedos I believe. I guess I always assumed that they were Dominican Cohiba, but after doing some research I can't seem to find them anywhere. Hmmmm..... ???

edited... re-read jfields post... thanks for the clarification.
mac