• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake or real?

jepe

I just received a box of Juan Lopez No.1.
Bought it online from a site that I never used before.

Here some pics :
Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture133.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture130.jpg

Looks good Jepe, from what I can tell. PM me the source please?

:thumbs: Look fine to me, actually you've got me thinking It's been a while since I've had one
Only thing is not sure about the TMO code perhaps someone will let us know this Factory Partagas new one ?

Pictures are fuzzy, but everything looks fine as far as I can tell. The biggest thing is trust your vendor. PM Jfields or myself and we can try and help on that front.

:thumbs: Look fine to me, actually you've got me thinking It's been a while since I've had one
Only thing is not sure about the TMO code perhaps someone will let us know this Factory Partagas new one ?

There is virtually no way to tell what Factory code belongs to what factory anymore as they change each month and the same code can be used for different factories in different months.

I think they have to be fake. There's no way the factory would print labels and the writing on the back of the box as out of focus as your pictures show. :p

I think they have to be fake. There's no way the factory would print labels and the writing on the back of the box as out of focus as your pictures show. :p

You got me at the first line... :laugh:

I don't know how to spot a fake so I am going with those look pretty good. Please keep in mind my credibility. :D

Those are fine. Not only that but few would bother to produce fakes of that Marca.

The factory code is usulaay stamped below Hecho en Cuba, but mistakes happen. The fonts is correct also.Everything else looks GENUINE!! No matter how great the box looks or cigars it always boils down to the factory code and the right color stamp and fonts.

The factory code is usulaay stamped below Hecho en Cuba, but mistakes happen. The fonts is correct also.Everything else looks GENUINE!! No matter how great the box looks or cigars it always boils down to the factory code and the right color stamp and fonts.

No, it doesn't. Factory codes are not known to anyone outside of HSA and change factories month-to-month. The font and color of the stamp also have little value as there is much variation in these things.

According to this guide on how to spot fakes Cuban cigars
http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/cubanseal/index.html
There supposed to be micro-printing lines on the seal in 2 places.
I searched with magnifying glass where it suppose to be but couldn't find nothing :(

Did you see when that article was written. :whistling:

Don't worry. The source is good. Forward me the box. I'll send it back full of ashes, along with a report.

According to this guide on how to spot fakes Cuban cigars
http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/cubanseal/index.html
There supposed to be micro-printing lines on the seal in 2 places.
I searched with magnifying glass where it suppose to be but couldn't find nothing :(

Did you see when that article was written. :whistling:

Didn't noticed the date.
So there is no micro-printing anymore?
Because I just received a box of Partagas Lusitanias that has
a micro-printing on the seal.

I'm going to smoke one(Juan Lopez) tonight so I guess that would be the final verdict :cool: