• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Football 2005-2006

Another thought. This year in my league we will be having the FF Super Bowl on Week 16 of the NFL season instead of the traditional Week 17. This is due to the fact that many star players sit out the last week to rest for the playoffs. The last two seasons, this has dramatically changed the outcome of our Super Bowl, so we shortened the regular season. Just a though....

LC-Smoker said:
I've been playing over on CBS sportsline for about 7 years now. We have a 12 team league and it works really well; but it depends on the format (ie. scoring, number of players drafted/playing per week, etc). If you want, I can post our scoring/playing system.

Patrick
[snapback]208787[/snapback]​

General Setup: (This is the setup we will be using)

12 teams
2 conferences
4 division

13 weeks
play division teams 2x (4 games)
every other team 1x (9 games)

Playoffs
4 division winners
2 wild cards

Top 2 division winners get RD1 byes

I'm usually involved in a TD-heavy league, with no defense (except for sacks/fumbles/STs/INTs) but I'm good with whatever system you want to use.

Looks good to me. :thumbs:

It is the same for every one so what ever we decide I will play along. I do agree that the Defense points become more important if there are more teams involved.

My .02

After reallizing that Fast4dr is using a paysite that allows him far more options for scoring, I have edited the list to reflect yahoo free FF scoring.
Also, looks like I will be playing in this one afterall as yahoo seems to require me to have a team, so hope you chumps...uh, I mean guys are ready to lose some cigars! :laugh:

Let me know what you guys think about this:

Offense

Passing

Passing Touchdowns (Pass TD) = 6
Interceptions (Int) = -2
Passing Attempts (Pass Att) = N/A
Completions (Comp) = 1
Incomplete Passes (Inc) = N/A
Sacks (Sack) = -1
Passing Yards (Pass Yds) = 50 yards = 1

Rushing

Rushing Touchdowns (Rush TD) = 6
Rushing Attempts (Rush Att) = N/A
Rushing Yards (Rush Yds) = 20 yards =1

Receiving

Reception Touchdowns (Rec TD) = 6
Receptions (Rec) = 2
Reception Yards (Rec Yds) = 20 yards = 1

Kick & Punt Returning

Return Touchdowns (Ret TD) = 6
Return Yards (Ret Yds) = 15 yards = 1
Offensive Fumble Return TD (Fum Ret TD) = 6

Miscellaneous

2-Point Conversions (2-PT) = 2
Fumbles (Fum) = N/A
Fumbles Lost (Fum Lost) = -2

Kickers

Field Goal (FG)
- 0-39 yards = 3
- 40-49 yards = 4
- 50+ yards = 5
Missed Field Goal (FGM)
- 0-39 yards = -1
- 40+ yards = no penalty
Point After Attempt Made (PAT Made) = 1
Point After Attempt Missed (PAT Miss) = -1

Team Defense

Points Allowed (Pts Allow)
- 0 = 10
- 1-6 = 7
- 7-13 = 4
- 14-20 = 1
- 21-27 = 0
- 28-34 = -1
- 35+ = -4
Sack (Sack) = 1
Interception (Int) = 2
Fumble Recovery (Fum Rec) = 2
Touchdown (TD) = 7
Safety (Safe) = 2
Block Kick (Blk Kick) = 2
Return Yards (Ret Yds) = N/A
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (Kick and Punt Ret TD) = -7

***** All yardage points are fractional!!! (Example: 20 yards = 1 point, therefore every yard is worth .005 points)*****
***** Every player finishing a game in negative yardage will be penallized 1 point for every 10 yards negative (-10 yards = -1 point)*****

The league has been setup at Yahoo!

Initial Draft Date:

Friday, Aug. 26th at 9:00pm CDT :thumbs:

Looks like I need to go and create a Yahoo profile and get an email thingy

grand cru no 2 said:

Initial Draft Date:

[snapback]209138[/snapback]​

Do you need to post a league ID and password so we can logon and get our team? Also . . . did we ever decide on the entry fee? Where and when to send that fee? The smokes we are buying with the fee? The payouts?

>>> Forgive me if this has been discussed I just woke up ??? <<<

Also, I agree with what was said above in that we shold shorter the FF season by one week due to many top players sitting out at the end of the season.

- Jason

grand cru no 2 said:

Initial Draft Date:

So what's the name of the league?

JAEwing said:
grand cru no 2 said:

Initial Draft Date:

Do you need to post a league ID and password so we can logon and get our team? Also . . . did we ever decide on the entry fee? Where and when to send that fee? The smokes we are buying with the fee? The payouts?

>>> Forgive me if this has been discussed I just woke up ??? <<<

Also, I agree with what was said above in that we shold shorter the FF season by one week due to many top players sitting out at the end of the season.

- Jason
[snapback]209215[/snapback]​

League has been set to 16 weeks. Regular Season = weeks 1-13, Playoffs = weeks 14 & 15, Super Bowl = week 16.

League name is CP FF 2005-2006 (yes I know it's boring)

We have not firmly decided an entry fee. I was looking at last years setup of the payouts and I like the way they did it.

Last years payout setup:

Place....Bolipc....Shorts....Rass....Mag46....TOTAL

1st.......20......... 20.........10........10.........60

2nd......13.......... 13.........7.........7..........40

3rd.......7..........7............3.........3..........20

4th.......5..........5............3.........2..........15

5th.......3 ..........3............2.........2..........10

6th.......2..........2............0.........1..........5

Total....50 ........50...........25.......25........150

***That was with a $57 fee with 16 teams.

So we need some suggestions on what cigars you guys would like to have in the Payout Lineup so we can figure out a fee. Seems like everyone's ok with $35 so far so if we fill all the slots (which we need to) that will give us $420 for purchase and shipping.

We need to do this as fast as possible as I would like to set the payment deadline for Monday, Aug 22nd. I am currently seeking help from an FOG with regards to possible ISOMs for this.

I am OK with anything the group decides as far as what we purchase (ISOM, Premium or a mix) as long as the entry stays at or under $50. I would like to see payouts going to top 3 or 4 teams with lowest person getting rough equivalent to their entry fee in smokes.

Comments?

Oh . . . did I miss the password for our league??? Should this be sent via PM to avoind problems?

Originally I was going to wait and give out the password after the entry fee had been received, then I stopped being a dumbass and reallized that if someone didn't hold up their end I could simply delete them.

League ID #: 336050 (you will need this and the password to login)

So, JAE, Marc, LC, pm coming your way. Everyone else, please shoot me a pm requesting the password.

Thanks,
Ray

Two questions:

1. Are going head-to-head match-ups each week?

2. When we draft, is the order for the first round # thru #12 and then the second round #12 thru #1?

Patrick

1. Scoring is set to head to head.

2. Yes, the draft order will wrap around. Also, draft order will be randomly decided by Yahoo! 30-60 min berfore draft time.

I was thinking we could do conference on Yahoo! Messenger for the draft. If that's ok with everyone. It's a very easy way for us to have a private room to conduct our draft in real time.

we could just use the cp chat room....
I hate yahoo messeneger...
and are we going to settle on a entry fee??..35 is good for me..50 is a bit too much

Entry Fee:

IMO, more is better, meaning the more money we have the better smokes we can get for the payouts. But it seems that the general feeling is $50 is too high (but not much), so I am setting the entry fee officially at $40.

Deadline for payment: Fri. Aug. 26th
-Entry fee must be received by me by this date! My addy is in my
profile.

*we have a trusted source to facilitate the buying of some special cigars for the payouts.*
*Cigars will be decided after entry fees are received and we know exactly how much money we have to invest.*

As for the draft date? The 26th could work for me if needed; but the wife wants to go to the cabin that weekend. Since I already am using an evening over labor day weekend for the draft in my other league, I don't want to be too far in the dog house. If the date could be moved, great, if not, I'll make it work. Whatever is easiest for everyone in the league.

Patrick