• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fantasy Football 2005-2006

id be in for $35. but i agree with allofus, id cap the # of teams at 10 or 12 at the most.

JoeInvest said:
Fast usually does the league in these parts, but if he isn't around, I'm in. I would recomend PM'ing him because I know he was going to set it up on a particular site.

I appriciate you taking the lead on this, but it would be great to just have one league!

Thanks again,

Joe :thumbs:
[snapback]207459[/snapback]​

I will certainly check in with Fast4. If he (or someone else with more experience) wants to take the reigns on this thing, that's fine by me, I just wanted to get the ball rolling as it's already August.

Roger on the Team # issue. Things like this are precisely why I asked for suggestions. I want this thing to go as smoothly as possible, so advice and suggestions from those with more experience is more than welcome. :thumbs:

Savage112 said:
Interested

But I haven't switched to the Gecko yet, so the cost has to be minimal.

5 sticks OK
10 is pushing it

The pay fee, buy boxes sound better.

I have used Yahoo and other similar, but its harder to keep interested in a team that you didn't draft. (These sites let you rate players, then draft for you). The upside to these sites is the draft doesn't take 2 years.
[snapback]207322[/snapback]​

I've played on Yahoo! before, and we did a live draft. We did it over AIM and the commissioner set up the teams based on the results of the draft. There's no reason why we couldn't do that in the CP chat room. We could create a room just for the live draft.

If you don't show, you set up some deal like you draft the best available player ranked by some previously agreed upon fantasy site for that person.

I have started a league with most of last year's participants over at CS. I currently have 9 teams

Fast4Dr said:
I have started a league with most of last year's participants over at CS. I currently have 9 teams
[snapback]207723[/snapback]​

I'm not interested in going to another board for this. I'd prefer to have a CigarPass league. Just my two cents...

stevehawk said:
Fast4Dr said:
I have started a league with most of last year's participants over at CS.  I currently have 9 teams
[snapback]207723[/snapback]​

I'm not interested in going to another board for this. I'd prefer to have a CigarPass league. Just my two cents...
[snapback]207728[/snapback]​

Make that four cents.

I have absolutely no clue of what this is.....so i'll stay out of it ???

All I'm saying is that I will not be running one on this site. I have chosen to run it on another board

Ok guys, looks like I am going to be running this thing (unless someone with more experience wants too). If I do, this will be my first time Commissioning one of these leagues so I ask for everyones help and patience.

Also, we need to get moving on this thing if we are going to do it. I will be playing in the FF League on CS, so I will only be the Commissioner on this one.

Lets get some teams! We are limiting the count to 10 due to the warning that we may have trouble with too many teams.

I know we have interest so lets get some team names and fill the slots. I will be editing the initial post on this thread to keep track of the teams.

I will play. What is the entry, general league settings etc.?

Team Name: Jay's Dogs O' War
My Name: Jason Ewing

I'm in, baby! Save some time and just send the sticks now!

(Yep, I'm talking smack already!) :p

Edit to add:

Team Name: 4th & Goal

Crane's Crusaders

I HIGHLY suggest using Yahoo! since it's so easily configurable, and also doing a live draft in the chat room.

I need to know when the draft will be and all the basics..like entry fee and whatnot...(I will be out of town all next week)

if everything goes well I am in.

Team Name
Damage Inc.

Matty Dreher

I would like to set a Draft date after we have a full roster of teams so that we can try to accommodate everyone. Although, I would like for those who are committing to this thing to go ahead and post any dates they know they will be unavailable.

As for the entry fee, I guess we need to decide on some smokes for the winners. I would like to payout to not only the Super Bowl Champs, but the top 3 finishers on the regular season as well. Something like this:

1st: 11 sticks
2nd: 8 sticks
3rd: 6 sticks

Super Bowl: 1 box (25 count)

I'm thinking 2 boxes of ISOMs (like Cuaba Divinos for the reg. season winnings, and Upmann Connaisseur #1s for the Super Bowl Champs)would make this worthwhile but seeing as I am not playing I'll let you guys decide on the smokes.

FF is over long before the Superbowl. Better make that a separate gig.

NA

grand cru no 2 said:
I would like to set a Draft date after we have a full roster of teams so that we can try to accommodate everyone. Although, I would like for those who are committing to this thing to go ahead and post any dates they know they will be unavailable.

As for the entry fee, I guess we need to decide on some smokes for the winners. I would like to payout to not only the Super Bowl Champs, but the top 3 finishers on the regular season as well. Something like this:

1st: 11 sticks
2nd: 8 sticks
3rd: 6 sticks

Super Bowl: 1 box (25 count)

I'm thinking 2 boxes of ISOMs (like Cuaba Divinos for the reg. season winnings, and Upmann Connaisseur #1s for the Super Bowl Champs)would make this worthwhile but seeing as I am not playing I'll let you guys decide on the smokes.
[snapback]208462[/snapback]​

If we have 10 teams, with a $35 buy-in, that's $350.

I'd suggest opening this up to 12 teams if we can get that many. 12 teams should still leave us with enough good players to draft.

I've been playing over on CBS sportsline for about 7 years now. We have a 12 team league and it works really well; but it depends on the format (ie. scoring, number of players drafted/playing per week, etc). If you want, I can post our scoring/playing system.

Patrick