• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fascination with big machines?

I honestly don't know if there was a plan prior to moving one of these units to a mining site.

I know some of the ones in Western Pennsylvania that I used to hunt around were used heavily through the '70s and we're still sitting there as recent as 2015.

As far as scrapping, that would have been an all-new problem. How do you get out into the middle of the Woods and dismantle that thing to the point where you could load it on a truck and haul it away where there are no real roads?
Bit by bit I guess.
IMG_9789.jpeg

I took a class in high school called Montana Energy that was basically just field trips. It was before camera phones though.
Oh! Well there you go then! Everything looks ten times bigger as a kid or teen. Sheesh! 🙄

I vote we disqualify Justin from this thread....

Oh! Well there you go then! Everything looks ten times bigger as a kid or teen. Sheesh! 🙄

I vote we disqualify Justin from this thread....
I tried finding photos online, but apparently Colstrip still hasn't discovered the internet.

I tried finding photos online, but apparently Colstrip still hasn't discovered the internet.
Colstrip made me laugh. I guess they just name towns after whatever is going on at the time! I grew up a few miles from Petrolia Pa. Any guesses what they did there?

Like intercourse Pa. 🤣

Colstrip made me laugh. I guess they just name towns after whatever is going on at the time! I grew up a few miles from Petrolia Pa. Any guesses what they did there?

Like intercourse Pa. 🤣
Best part is apparently they forgot how to spell coal.

Best part is apparently they forgot how to spell coal.
I just figured that was a state wide Montana thing.

I've got one of those glass coke bottles and it was bottled in Montana. You'd never believe what it has written on the bottom?

Like intercourse Pa. 🤣
I grew up in Lake Ariel, PA. We had Ariel -- the lake. The township of Gravity was a few klicks over from us, and was built upon a massive hill, where which there would always be wicked car crashes from vehicles that failed to slow sufficiently before the banked corner at the bottom; winters were especially fun. One of my early schools was in Waymart, PA. It used to be a weigh stop on the coal railway coming out of Scranton. That school was part of the Western Wayne School District, which was in... the westernmost part of Wayne County. Originality apparently wasn't Pennsylvania's strong suit in thems olden days.