• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fathers Day smokes?

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
When I began having kids, I had big plans on getting a box of something from their month/year and enjoying a cigar yearly on Fathers Day. Well, that idea has come and gone, without me doing anything. This year I'm planning on buying myself a box of something, to enjoy yearly on Fathers Day, just need to figure out what to buy.

Any of you fathers out there do this or have in the past? I can't think of a better way to spend Fathers Day morning then smoking a cigar meant to represent my kids, with a nice cup of coffee considering myself lucky to be where I am.

LOL, thanks for the suggestion, but I was also wanting to know if anyone else did this. Friggin' post whores.

2 years ago I decided on God of Fire Carlito Double Robustos. I figure I'm only going to do it until the kids are out of the house (at which point they become "kids I used to have") so I only got two boxes. If they aren't out by then, I'm going to need something a little stronger than a cigar to deal with it. :laugh:

Nice Alan, LOL!

I'm also leaning towards a nice pipe, but I just have a damn hard time making up my mind anymore.

This will be my first fathers day (my son Daegan is 5 weeks old). I actually started my cigar hobby by buying myself a couple of samplers as a fathers day gift to myself.

I think my first Fathers day will be honored by an A. Fuente Gran Reserva Figurado with that swirly wrapper...

This will be my first fathers day (my son Daegan is 5 weeks old). I actually started my cigar hobby by buying myself a couple of samplers as a fathers day gift to myself.

I think my first Fathers day will be honored by an A. Fuente Gran Reserva Figurado with that swirly wrapper...

Nice smoke.. That's the BTL or Between The Lines you are referring to.. Very mild smoke.. Not my cup of tea, but great for a newbie..

Congrats on the Fathers Day !

Nice smoke.. That's the BTL or Between The Lines you are referring to.. Very mild smoke.. Not my cup of tea, but great for a newbie..

Congrats on the Fathers Day !
BTL is a great cigar for new and experienced smokers. They are quite flavorful, though subtle. Almost like a very nice cup of tea. ;)

:)

Father's Day is what led me to cigar smoking. My first father's day I bought me some fancy $13 cigar and a big ol' jug of Lancers.

I smoke gifts on Father's Day. I should buy my own cigars?

Doc.

I smoke gifts on Father's Day. I should buy my own cigars?

Doc.

LOL, it will be a gift, but a 3 and 2 yr old can't really manage to work the keyboard just right.

You've been around a while Doc, cigars and pipes. Any Fathers Day gift that pertain to those, stick out in your mind?

Shoot for the moon. The Dunhill pipe of your choice.

Doc.

I picked up a My Father No.3 and a Punch Rare Corojo torpedo (his go-to smoke) for my dad for Father's Day. He's not too big on Pepin (yet, at least. I'm working on him) but he commented a few weeks ago on the My Father lancero I had in my humidor a few weeks ago so I figured I get him one to try. I've got a PAN '64 Superior and a Tatuaje Noellas set aside for the occasion. A cigar is good, a cigar amongst friends is great, but a cigar with my dad is the best.

Great idea. I have been itching to get a box of Padilla Miami Lanceros. Can't think of a better reason to do so. The little lady may not think so but oh well. :laugh:

A cigar is good, a cigar amongst friends is great, but a cigar with my dad is the best.

Indeed. My father passed away almost five years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss that guy. What I wouldn't give for the chance to share a cigar with him. I didn't start the hobby until almost 2 years ago, so I missed out. Those of you who can should definitely reach out and share a premium with your pops.

Just as nice, though, I will spend my father's day with my two little girls and my wife. I'll spend as much time as I can realizing how lucky I am to have them.

-g

I'll open the CC and NC coolers and let Dad choose. That's what we'll smoke, with a bottle of Dark Lord, cognac and the US Open playing out on the deck. It will be a fine aftenoon.

When I began having kids, I had big plans on getting a box of something from their month/year and enjoying a cigar yearly on Fathers Day.

That is a really great idea! I wish I'd thought of that. Any thoughts for a March, 2003? :D Is there a resource where you can find vintage boxes for sale?

Thank you for the idea, I want to do this...and I'm feeling particularly driven at the moment.

My two oldest are treating me for brunch so I have a before/after line-up planned.

Before: Party Short and Boli PC

After: La Aurora Puro Vintage 2003 and 601 Green Trabuca

A man with a plan ... :p