• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fathers Day

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
What did y’all do for Father’s Day? Mine started Saturday with cigars and then a bunch of Hawaiian shirts to replace those which I’ve had since before I meet my wife. I think it’s her way of getting ride of the mistresses but she’ll never admit it. Well she picked out some good ones and they fit better then the ones I have. Saturday night i went to a Fathers Eve event for dads and had a great time. I can’t wait to see what Sunday brings.

Took my dad to see my mom as my Mom has been in a full on home for 7+ years and Dad just moved to a retirement apartment, got a pacemaker and can’t drive yet. Heck he is 94 and may not ever drive.

Then my nuclear family and I went for dinner and now I’m having a stick on the deck. Nothing special but a nice day.

This is my first Father's Day without a cigar since my daughter was born in 2012. Not by design, it was just a good day full of leisurely fun...family breakfast with my dad, then the new Jarmusch zombie movie while the girls got their nails done. Just got back from dinner at a classical French restaurant that I've been waiting till my daughter was old enough to give an honest opinion. For a six year old the kid has some evolved tastes...tomato bisque, Coquilles St. Jacques were her favorites. She will NOT be a cheap date, lol. Great day with her and my wife. I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs, and a special thought for anyone whose dad isn't with them anymore.
20190616_193603.jpg

Got to spend the day with my mom. It was her 62nd birthday. She is recovering from triple hernia surgery. Seemingly doing better than last week. My brother and his wife cooked ribs, corn on the cob, potato salad and green beans. I brought a Spinach salad. No stick, but when i got home, I did get to enjoy a double pour of Glenmorangie Lasanta. My wife and daughter make me feel like everyday is special.

Took my dad to see my mom as my Mom has been in a full on home for 7+ years and Dad just moved to a retirement apartment, got a pacemaker and can’t drive yet. Heck he is 94 and may not ever drive.

Then my nuclear family and I went for dinner and now I’m having a stick on the deck. Nothing special but a nice day.
I know you say nothing special, but all that is special. I tip my hat to you.

Father's Day was low key around here, but today I went parasailing with my kids -- their FD present to me. With my oldest only living here part time and working so much, it's nice when we get to do things as a whole family. It really makes me appreciate what I have in life, and I make sure to let my kids know that to me, Father's Day is THEIR day... not mine.