• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

favorite 5 bottles in the collection

My top 5:

1. Havana Club Cuban Barrel Proof
2. Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year old
3. Old Rip Van Winkle 12 Year Old Special Reserve
4. Woodford Reserve
5. Tanqueray Ten

Lagavulin 16 year - I love this stuff :love:
Oban 14 Year
Johnnie Walker Gold
Laphroaig 10 Year
Johnnie Walker Black - Can't get away from it :cool:

Macallan 18
Glenlivet 18
Tullamore Dew Irish
Tanq no.10
Remy VSOP

Honorable Mention
Middleton Irish -$110 for Irish just a bit too much to place in top 5.

Macallan 18
Dalmore Cigar Malt
Glenfiddich 15 (Solera?)
Glenlivet 18
Bookers

I turned 21 in Janurary of this year so I haven't tasted many.

1. Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year old - Delivered today and had a taste neat, Sweet and easy drinking, seems like it would hold up to ice well. Well worth the money.

2. Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye 13 year old - Full bodied, spicey rye and cherry, a little to much for my newb palate but love the cherry finish. Probably should add a little water.

3. Tanqueray No. Ten - Good Gin, better than Bombay Sapphire and just as good as the regular Tanqueray.

4. Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 year old - Just delivered today, haven't tasted it yet but I expect it to be my favorite or 2nd favorite to Zacapa

These are the only bottles I have currently besides Desaronno and thats to sweet to drink stragiht but it's good on ice cream.

8 months after my last post in this thread I'd go with:

1. Laphroaig Quarter Cask
2. Talisker 18 y-o
3. Laphroaig Cask Strength 10 y-o
4. Caol Ila 18 y-o
5. Tie: Caol Ila 1991 Signatory Bottling

1. Rock Hills Farm
2. Buffalo Trace experimental barrel 17 yr old (last years realese)
3. Balvenie 12 doublewood
4. Black Maple 23 yr old
5. Knob Creek single barrel and Pappy Van Winkle 15 :)

1. Ron Zacapa
2. Jack Daniels Single Barrel
3. Balvenie 21yr
4. Bakers bouron
5. New Amsterdam Gin

Honerable mention would go to Bacardi 8, Balvenie 12yr double wood

Boru Vodka
Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
Tanqueray
Crown Black
Kurokame Shochu

It's not really much of a collection.

To paraphrase Ron White, I can't really call it a collection because I drink it too fast for any one bottle to stick around. :sign:

But five favorites from past rotations is easy:

1. George T. Stagg
2. Glendronach 15 Revival
3. Balvenie Portwood 21
4. Aberlour a'bunadh
5. Ron Zacapa 23 Solera

. . . although that leaves out some truly wonderful things, like Laphroiag Cask Strength and Benriach 15 Dark Rum Cask.

~Boar

WOW, nothing like reviving a 5 1/2 year old thread. Currently I'll go with Laphroaig 25 Cask Strength, Balvenie Carribean Cask, Campbeltown Loch 30, Glen Elgin 12, and Johnny Walker Double Black as my high rotation items. I'll change in a few weeks though.

WOW, nothing like reviving a 5 1/2 year old thread. Currently I'll go with Laphroaig 25 Cask Strength, Balvenie Carribean Cask, Campbeltown Loch 30, Glen Elgin 12, and Johnny Walker Double Black as my high rotation items. I'll change in a few weeks though.

You're welcome! :)

My top 5 at the moment:

Compass Box Eleuthera
Talisker 57
Balvenie Peated Cask
Bowmore 15
Caol Ila Distiller's Edition

1.Bruichladdich 17 yro. One of the sweetest peated scotch I've tasted. Smooth going down, pleasent in the mouth and a great aroma !

2.Talisker 18 yro: I'va pondered a lot about this one and the No1. I went with my heart and put the Bruich first but this one is a very special scotch Honey/smokey and a very distinctive nose....If anyone can put his hands one one pm!

3.L'agavulin 16yro distillers edition- The classic scotch in my book, Less smoky than the 16 yro it benefit from the double distillation process making it a very pleasent experience

4.Bruichladdiche 16 yro sauternes finish (cuvée E): the suprise of 2011 (IMO) a true Bruichladdich in every sense of the word (if you ever had a laddie you'll know what I'm talking about) and has that beautiful sauterne finish ot it that makes it stand alone. Unfortunaely the first edition was numered at 700 only and the 2nd (available now) has less of a sweet finish but still a vary very nice product (12000 bottles relased)

5. Laphroaig 15 yro - the scotch that can be shared with everyone without being ashamed. The value of the bottle vs the price on a very very good 'investment' . Unfortunately the bottle is not available here so I have to make a stash when I get to the US on a trip

5. Laphroaig 15 yro - the scotch that can be shared with everyone without being ashamed. The value of the bottle vs the price on a very very good 'investment' . Unfortunately the bottle is not available here so I have to make a stash when I get to the US on a trip

Laphroaig quit making the 15 year old a while ago. You have to buy the 18 year old or one of their other expressions now. ;)

nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! seriously ? I saw a bottle in NH this summer :-S

nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! seriously ? I saw a bottle in NH this summer :-S

[sub]Not sure where. The NHLS post all their inventory online and they have not had a bottle of the Laph 15 in quite some time. [/sub]

[sub]I would know ;-)[/sub]

My turn,
Laphroaig Triple Wood
Glen Ord 25 yo
Arberlour A' Bunadh
Coal ILLa 12 yo
Isle Of Jura Prophecy

I'll play as well. This is whats is open and what I have been reaching for lately.

Four Roses LE 2011
PHC Cognac
The Balvenie Caribbean Cask
Ardbeg Uigeadail
Highland Park 18

Man, that was harder than I thought.