• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Beer?

I like all types of beer with a cigar-- this includes light beers. I don't care what anyone says, certain light beers are great if they have taste (sorry Miller, contrary to your commericals, you have none!). Beleive it or not, Coors' Aspen is a light lager with a decent taste. However, most of the time I like a fuller body Lager. A local micro makes an excellent smooth yet very tasty Lager called Catail-- this is one of my favorites. However, recently I have been drinking wine with my cigars and I actually at times find this more enjoyable.

Jim

Dos Equis XX lager if it's gotta be beer.

Other than that it's diet coke or Havana Club 15 ano

Micalob Amber Bock is ok. Sam Adams is ok but not what I prefer. Call me a pannsy but I do like Coors Light.

I like Single Malt Scotch and Ale also.

Stouts, Murphy's or Beamish.

My regular beer of choice is Guinness, though lately the place we've been smoking at has had Boddington's and Smithwicks on draft and I've been drinking quite a few of those...

micker said:
My regular beer of choice is Guinness, though lately the place we've been smoking at has had Boddington's and Smithwicks on draft and I've been drinking quite a few of those...
[snapback]159777[/snapback]​

Smithwicks is very good. Try a Smithwick's with a Guinness head, very popular on the green isle.

golfgar said:
micker said:
[snapback]159777[/snapback]​

Smithwicks is very good. Try a Smithwick's with a Guinness head, very popular on the green isle.
[snapback]159788[/snapback]​

Isn't Smithwick's an Irish beer as well?? Could've swore I remember seing their signs around Galway and Dublin when I went there five years ago. If I remember right, they have some green symbol. The only two brands that you saw anywhere in Ireland. Nothing else.

golfgar said:
Stouts, Murphy's or Beamish.
[snapback]159773[/snapback]​

Speaking of stouts I picked up a really cool doodad at the store last week. Its called a Brütül Lagerhead Black and Tan Turtle. I was never any good with a Guiness spoon but was able to layer a bottled St Arnold's Winter Stout (the pressurized cans with the widget ball inside are eaiser yet to suspend) on the first try!

lh.jpg
btsolo.jpg

-Matt-

Gunpowder said:
Micalob Amber Bock is ok. Sam Adams is ok but not what I prefer. Call me a pannsy but I do like Coors Light.

I like Single Malt Scotch and Ale also.
[snapback]159643[/snapback]​

Just curious gunpowder-do you find that the coors light meshes well with EMS or claro cigars as opposed to maduros? I had an awesome Punch maduro tonight with an Amber Bock, it seemed as if the two really complimented each other well. Just curious as to what the favored drink regarding the non-maduros would be. :)