• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite budget stick (#1 in your stash)

Bsneed51 said:
Do a search, as this topic has been covered a lot, and there is some excellent info to be found on the subject, along with several reviews.

Depends on your description of budget, but the Padron X000 series, and the EPC new wave connecticut are a couple of mine.
Did a search on budget stick before I posted this and found nothing =). I am sure you can find another word like discount or something like that. I was referring to a cigar that you would smoke more frequently because they taste good and are affordable. A good stick you can get consistently at a good price. Not a cigar that you like that you bought a box of because it was on sale. That is not the point of this post. I would say that if you cannot get your r budget stick at a budget price regularly then it should not be classified as a 'regular' budget stick. But who cares people can say what they want and I am fine with that. I do enjoy sharing because sharing is caring =) I do realize some people's budgets are different than others, which is fine.

I have some other great budget sticks I like: $.50-$.66 cents each Leoninos corojito, $1.50-$2 each La Perla Morado or the Rojo, $1.50-$2 each 5 Vegas classics.
These cigars have been at these prices for years and  I always have them in my box. Great for golfing, yard work, and kayaking. These are not the cigars I go to the cigar bar with to have a nice drink. They are also great for handing out to non frequent puffers. 90+ rated flavors at a fraction of the cost.

Cheers!

Tampa Sweethearts used to make some decent bundles.  They are in the Fuente family, as an FYI.

MrPerfecto said:

Do a search, as this topic has been covered a lot, and there is some excellent info to be found on the subject, along with several reviews.

Depends on your description of budget, but the Padron X000 series, and the EPC new wave connecticut are a couple of mine.
Did a search on budget stick before I posted this and found nothing =). I am sure you can find another word like discount or something like that. I was referring to a cigar that you would smoke more frequently because they taste good and are affordable. A good stick you can get consistently at a good price. Not a cigar that you like that you bought a box of because it was on sale. That is not the point of this post. I would say that if you cannot get your r budget stick at a budget price regularly then it should not be classified as a 'regular' budget stick. But who cares people can say what they want and I am fine with that. I do enjoy sharing because sharing is caring =) I do realize some people's budgets are different than others, which is fine.

I have some other great budget sticks I like: $.50-$.66 cents each Leoninos corojito, $1.50-$2 each La Perla Morado or the Rojo, $1.50-$2 each 5 Vegas classics.
These cigars have been at these prices for years and  I always have them in my box. Great for golfing, yard work, and kayaking. These are not the cigars I go to the cigar bar with to have a nice drink. They are also great for handing out to non frequent puffers. 90+ rated flavors at a fraction of the cost.

Cheers!

I'm sorry, but what brought about the attitude in this post?   I was just telling you there is good info on this site to be found.  There have been many threads similar to this with great suggestions, and there are even a couple of running review threads about low price or budget sticks full of good info. 

Yes, budget is subjective.   I consider $4-5 a stick budget cigars, and there are plenty of good ones that can be had in that price range every day.   I consider .50-1.50 sticks to be garbage.  

To steal from BBS, one man's opinion.

My favorite el-cheapo of all time is the Devil's Weed maduro.  Can't find those anymore, however.  If you DO happen to find them, I'll buy them from you.  As for a cigar truly worth a damn, I've been smoking a lot of Padron X000 series and MCW.

I've had great luck just saving/watching lots on Cbid for favorite everyday stuff like JdN Antano 1970's. Takes some patience, but I've gotten those for around $3 apiece.

kann said:
My favorite el-cheapo of all time is the Devil's Weed maduro.  Can't find those anymore, however.  If you DO happen to find them, I'll buy them from you.  As for a cigar truly worth a damn, I've been smoking a lot of Padron X000 series and MCW.
mmmmm  Devil's weed

I live the MCW on the golf course. Otherwise, I would have to say Curavari is a pretty good bet.

Some times whether a topic has been discussed or not, the cigar industry is always in flux. Brands change new stuff comes out - a good idea to ask this question every so often to get the latest info on what people are smoking.

kona1000 said:
Some times whether a topic has been discussed or not, the cigar industry is always in flux. Brands change new stuff comes out - a good idea to ask this question every so often to get the latest info on what people are smoking.

Not $1.00 sticks, I can tell you that for sure...... ;)

BlindedByScience said:
At the risk of sounding like a snob, I don't chase budget sticks anymore.  You can smoke fantastic, superb, first quality sticks from almost any quality vendor in the $5-10.00 range.  Is your goal to get the most cubic feet of tobacco you can stand to smoke for the price, or is your goal to take a time out, and enjoy a wonderful cigar?  For the money, I'd personally smoke 1/4 of the sticks and enjoy them ten times more.  If your weekly cigar budget is say, $25.00, I'd smoke three $8.00 sticks and be quite happy.

As they say, one man's opinion.
Agree 100%

My everyday sticks are JL 1 and 2, PSD4's, Boli Royal Coronas, PLPC's, Monty No 2, Hoyo Epi 2's
All of these can be purchased for $6 to $7, and sometimes a bit cheaper. I have been purchasing some of these since 1995, so smoking these with some age on them is priceless in my opinion...

CigSid said:

At the risk of sounding like a snob, I don't chase budget sticks anymore.  You can smoke fantastic, superb, first quality sticks from almost any quality vendor in the $5-10.00 range.  Is your goal to get the most cubic feet of tobacco you can stand to smoke for the price, or is your goal to take a time out, and enjoy a wonderful cigar?  For the money, I'd personally smoke 1/4 of the sticks and enjoy them ten times more.  If your weekly cigar budget is say, $25.00, I'd smoke three $8.00 sticks and be quite happy.

As they say, one man's opinion.
Agree 100%

My everyday sticks are JL 1 and 2, PSD4's, Boli Royal Coronas, PLPC's, Monty No 2, Hoyo Epi 2's
All of these can be purchased for $6 to $7, and sometimes a bit cheaper. I have been purchasing some of these since 1995, so smoking these with some age on them is priceless in my opinion...

....bingo.  Winning post of the thread, you happened to nail my 'daily' sticks as well..... :thumbs:

Yep. If you split a box with someone or a group,they are great value sticks. A good CC in corona and petit corona are hard to beat.

zeemanb said:
I've had great luck just saving/watching lots on Cbid for favorite everyday stuff like JdN Antano 1970's. Takes some patience, but I've gotten those for around $3 apiece.
Yeah just picked up 6 of those for $4 a piece. That is my high side for those I guess you could say.

zeemanb said:
Yeah I saw that JDn antano consuls are on freefall. Hurry cause it ends tomorrow. I see them going down to $30 for 10. Gonna pick me some up =D
CMontoya79 said:
Yep. If you split a box with someone or a group,they are great value sticks. A good CC in corona and petit corona are hard to beat.
I have smoked many CC's. All thought they are good Personally they never lived up to the hype for me. I have never tried a corona/petit corona cc though. I do have a H Upmann CC petit corona. Been resting for over 6 months. Gonna try it soon to see. I do tend to like coronas and petit corona NC's. Thanks for the input on that.

Your last sentence rang a bell for me: Quesada Heisenberg

Obviously, the best budget stick is a Cohiba Piramide
If your crazy, crazy wealthy...

Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
Black Witch
Inferno black band
Fuentes Exquisitos ( box of 50 for $98. )