• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite cigar under $5

My wife loves La Fontana cause they are really smooth with a nice taste on the wrapper that she can taste on her lips as she takes a hit. I've grown very fond of them and they are dirt cheap; $50 for a box of 20 at jrcigars.

I started out my hobby to try to find a good $2 cigar so in the end when fixed income hits me, I would know exactly what kind of flavor profile I could live with for a long time. Well, just from being on CP, that statement has now risen it to a new frickin' level I never dreamed of.
laugh.gif

You will have lots of fun trying new cigars, and by the end of your quest you won't be having any "cigar envy".
blush.gif

My favorite $5 cigar........Padron londres or delicias. Fuente Chateau sungrown a close second.

Well, my apologies then. I coulda swore I just answered the same question two weeks ago, but a "search" wouldn't have made that thread pop up as it was for a "cheap memorial day boxes".

Ha Ha you got screamed at. Now you got to stand in the corner and think about what you said.

Well, my apologies then. I coulda swore I just answered the same question two weeks ago, but a "search" wouldn't have made that thread pop up as it was for a "cheap memorial day boxes".

Ha Ha you got screamed at. Now you got to stand in the corner and think about what you said.

Yes, Los....laugh at me for getting the public spanking. I really did think the topic had come up quite a few times over the past few months. Oh well, how long do I have to stand in the corner?? :(

BTW, we're in a dead heat at 18-20 a peice....who folds first my Met loving friend?? :laugh:

For what they cost Fumadores are one of my favorites. They are made by Pepin and a box of 20 is only like 45 bucks.

Other then that I have to agree with everybody else, Padron and Fuente Chateau.

Perdomo's Nick's Sticks, Habano blend. 3.25 ea by the box of 20. This cigar will surprise the hell out of ya. Did me. I don't even like most of Perdomo's offerings.

Doc.

Perdomo's Nick's Sticks, Habano blend. 3.25 ea by the box of 20. This cigar will surprise the hell out of ya. Did me. I don't even like most of Perdomo's offerings.

Doc.
Ive never had a Perdomo cigar Ive enjoyed. One even tasted like vomit to me. :laugh:
Try Indian Tabac Super Feurte Coronas. I have no Idea their cost now but I know they were a reasonably good yard gar.

Depending on the strength of your stomach, All of the Cain blends can be had at or near the $5 mark. A lot depends on your storage situation, if you can buy by the box, you will save. Most of the cigars you will find in commercially available samplers are crap, so that is not a good way to sample.

Try the NST; ask for what you are interested in trying and ask for two of each. If the "up" guy can't help you, maybe the next "up" can. If all else fails I'll be in KC next weekend, come on over and I'll slap you upside the head then take you on a tour of the humidor.

Punch Rare Corojo, aged 6-12 mos.
CAO Brazilia
RP Edge Missile or RP Vintage '90/'92
RyJ Reserve maduro, aged
Casa Torano maduro

At cigar auction sites you may find more expensive cigars
for around $5 ea. For example, Pepin Serie JJ, Oliva V,
Fuente Hemingway Short Story, etc.

Chemyst :cool:

Doc.
+1 for Nicks Sticks..Sun Grown torps

A lot depends on your storage situation, if you can buy by the box, you will save.

At cigar auction sites you may find more expensive cigars
for around $5 ea. For example, Pepin Serie JJ, Oliva V,
Fuente Hemingway Short Story, etc.

Chemyst :cool:

The Short Story is definitely a favourite of mine, and it's easy to find in the price range you're hunting in. Singles may be over $5 (not by much) but it's not hard to get them under $5 when you buy a box. The vendors here on CP are and excellent resource.

The last CAO Mx2 I had was pretty good, but i cant remember if it was under 5$ or not.

Pretty much any Padron or Fuente under 5$ is a no brainer imho.

Having my first Padron 2K Maduro right now. Can't go wrong with that!

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Just finished an AF Best seller natural and DAYUM, that was one tasty cigar! It breaks down to just over $5 a stick. Got to finish walking the dogs and had a little left over to mess around in the garage.