• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

favorite mass produced beer

hobbes1

even though this is pretty much a repost of the "beer" thread im making this beacuse where i shop does not carry all those beers mentioned and i was wonderng what are some good accessible beer? ive read guinesss and bass pale ale are good. i dont know it might beacuse im a noob at beer all the beers i find to taste good ie corona,becks, pacifico are good but according to ratebeer.com thier pretty much the lower end. i guess im not that hardcore but could someone help me out

I'm a big fan of the Sam Adams beers. The seasonals (no matter what season) are fantastic. The regular Sam Adams is great too.

Red Hook, especially ESB. Failing that, I will go with Coors Light!

My favorite "macro" brew is Miller Lite, longnecks, on ice. Just damn good on a hot day... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Sam Adams is the best! It's even better when you can drive 20 mins and get to the brewery! :D

Ratebeer is alot of posters that have home brewed or have really enjoyed some pints. Its just a basic guideline and not a bible cuz only your taste buds will determine if you will enjoy it or not.

It would help to know what state ya in Hobbes. Cuz each state is different in what is allowed in and abv % as well.

Some of the ole stand by beers for me:

Anything from Young's which is brewed in the Uk and real cheap in the States like Dirty Dick, Ram Rod, Double Chocolate Stout as examples.
NBBC aka New Belgium Brewing Company.
Boulevard isnt bad especially the Unfiltered Wheat.
Goose Island from Chicago.
Blue Moon Witbier aka from Colorado and a sub company of Coors.
Unibroue from Canada.
Rogue from Oregon.
Dog Fish Head from the East Coast.

Many many many beers...I could go on forever about them. Ratebeer gives ya a good idea whats on the market. I would suggest going to your local Liquor.Beer store and see what they have. Then check on Ratebeer. just remember..what you like another may think is crap. just as it is with foods, wines, and cigars. many other things as well.

But I also brew beer, meads, and ciders so I usually have plenty of stock. I specifically brew in the UK styles of beers and also use Peat Smoked Grains as well. I hope this helps.

awesome i plan to try most of what you guys posted. for mr peat i live in new jersey close to nyc.

Castaway said:
Back on topic...

Amber Bock, Killian's... :thumbs:
[snapback]286220[/snapback]​

Amber Bock..... that is a good beer. I had the oportunity to sample it at the Anheuser-Busch plant tour..... if ya think it tastes good from the bottle, ya should taste it fresh from the tap at the plant.... Now that's good

Corona with a lime to kill the taste.

Shibumi said:
Corona with a lime to kill the taste.
[snapback]286587[/snapback]​

Corona actually has a taste? Always remember it tasting like water. :laugh:

You cant go wrong with brown bagging a Colt 45. :whistling: