• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Stouts

TheBeast

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Ok name some of your favorite stouts...what you like about them...flavor profile...ect.. if you wish or just list em. One rule here: Anything but Guinness...I think we all are familiar with that particular beer.

Samuel Smith- Oatmeal Stout
Bells Expedition Stout ( It's a Imperial Stout...unreal!!!)
Youngs- Double Chocolate Stout

My own, of course, is my favorite. :lookup: If I had to pick a commercial one, I'd say the one by Bristol. I think it's called Winter Warlock Oatmeal Stout or something like that. Mine is usually a dry stout (a la Guiness) and I use some roasted barley (unmalted) to get that sharp bite - an almost burnt taste. I saw a recipe the other day that called for instant espresso! May have to brew up a batch of that come warmer weather...right now I'm taking advantage of the cool temps to make lagers.

Sammy Smith's-Oatmeal Stout because it is so damn good. All beers should be judged against the Sammy Smith equivalent. In my not so humble opinion Sammy Smith is the benchmark brewery of the word.
Guiness- Cause when I am out I drink it like water. Can you say CARBOMB
Murphy's- Cause it isn't as stout Guiness and not as sweet and thick as Sammy Smith.

I saw that double chocolate stout in the store bout 2 hours prior to reading this thread. But if it is on the Beast's list, I gotta try it.

All this talk about stouts is making me thirsty!!

I haven't tried the Oatmeal yet, might have to look for that one!

I'd have to go with FT, my own is pretty good. It's a roasted barley and oatmeal mix, very heavy, goes incredibly well with BEEEEEEEEF LOL.

Out, I'd go with a Guiness or a Smith's Oatmeal.

Right now it's the perfect brew weather here, gettin cold, closet is a screaming for some porter. Mmmm, chocolate hazelnut porter....

Mmmm, homebrews....I'll trade ya some rockets for dat dare burrr....lol

My own Oatmeal Stout.
Sam Smith's Russian Imperial Stout
Guiness.

TheBeast said:
One rule here: Anything but Guinness...I think we all are familiar with that particular beer.
You'd think...when you got on a BB with a group of adults you'd avoid running across the same practices as a three year old (doing what you said not to do)...but not here at CP!!!LMAO :p

You all mentioned Guinness after I instructed everyone not too...ROTFLMAO :D

Yes Emo...I would agree with you...Sammy Smith in most cases is the bench mark for fine brew around the world.

And for all you arrogant homebrewers who think they make the best stout...you all better send me some...just to get a second opinion.LOL :p

Great list so far...keep em coming!!!! :thumbs:

Yes, I need some homebrew to to help me make the decision of whether or not I'm going to invest in a kit!

BTW, I never mentioned the "G" word Jeff! LMAO :D

Oh man, Imperial Stout is great.

Sorry aboot the guiness comment, but I figured it'd drive you up the wall :p

You know, I put some deep thought into a homebrew/cigarpass, but I'd be afraid to send that combo together. Someone might get hammered and smoke up all the cigars :p

Plus I think it's against the law in some states to send booze. I think.. I dunno for sure. If it could be done, man that'd be one great pass.

Damn, thought I snuck that one by Jeff! :sign: :sign: :sign:

You know, I put some deep thought into a homebrew/cigarpass
Great minds think alike. I've been trying to figure out how to do this too, but I can't come up with a way to pull it off. It would prolly have to be a hand pass. It would be cool though.....take a bottle or two and a few smokes, replace with a few smokes and a bottle or two of your own.

yeah it would.

The...

Great cigar/cooler pass of 2003...

Gotta figure out how to do it, those brew of the month places manage to get through... Wonder if there's some sort of 'stealth' method we could come up with... LOL... Sticking the brews in a cardboard box labeled, "Nothing to see here, move along"

:sign:

I agrree....Guinness and Murphy's are the finest on the planet!
However Sam Adams makes a kick ass Oatmeal stout that I would say is a close third!

Make the drive, Leebo, I've got enough put away that you could drink all day and not drink the same beer twice.

Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout

NA

Hey, after the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll definitely see what I can do!! I'll need a couple of beers after having 18 people over for dinner!! ;)

Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
Deschutte's Obdidian Stout
And, of course, my own oatmeal stout and Irish stout.

Ther are plenty of brews out there better than that "G" stout.

I just love the dark rich flavors of stout. :p

Red Hook's Double Black Stout: made with coffee extract (use to be made with Starbucks, but the supply of coffee beans from them was not reliable).
This beer has enough coffee in it to make you a wide awake drunk!!!

I also like the one Jeff said not to mention, so I won't :D

Give these a try:

AleSmith Speedway Stout (imperial)
Great Lakes Brewing Emmet's Stout (imperial)

Full Sail Brewing Full Sail Imperial Porter

P.S. - considering my moniker, does that mean I shouldn't even post in this thread????? :thumbs:

I like Sam Adams Cream stout.

I like stuff you can get widely.