• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Favorite Stouts

Alesmith Speedway Stout

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout 18% abv.

Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Troeg's Oatmeal Stout is pretty good. Ive never had Sam Smith's though, its so expensive.

Well ... aside from the unmentionable one,

Leinie's Creamy Dark.
Tastes a little lighter and def. creamier than the 'black stuff'.

Tho Sam Jackson beer is good too. [see: Chappele's Show: Season 2, Episode 1]
"It'll get ya drunk bit#h!"

:laugh:

I like the oatmeal porter brewed by Highland Brewing, in Asheville, NC.
Old Rasputin Imperial is good too.
I also like the Sam Adams oatmeal
and can't forget the home brew by one of my friends...

No Guinness huh??? That would be a terrible world... but if I can't list it, I would have to go with oatmeal stout... Plus, there is a wonderful pumpkin stout out there that only comes out around Christmas time...I can't remember the brand, but I'll figure it out and write back later.

Not a Stout, but I *adore* Alaskan Brewing Co's Smoked Porter.

YUM!
Smokey flavor, smooth... think I'll go rescue one from the refrig right now!
Sad thing is, it's seasonal (holidays) and the 5 cases I buy every year never make it to the summer... :angry:

Our local brewerys do up some fabulous Stouts as well... Moose's Tooth (best pizza in town, too) does 2 stouts!

Gettin' thirsty...

tried a new stout today...Norht Coast (ca) brewing co.'s "old no. 38 Stout".
it was pretty tasty, ill buy a few more of these no doubt.
the finish is very nice :)

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Not strictly Stouts, but somewhat similar, and very tasty nonetheless:

Old Peculier
Thomas Hardy's Ale

By far I like the Russian Imperial stouts, my top 3 are Stone, Bell's Expedition, and Avery the Czar..and an honourable mention to Old Rasputin.

In addition to the previously-mentioned Sam Smith and Obsidian stouts, I enjoy the Alaskan Brewing Co. Oatmeal Stout.

Although not classified as stouts, various German Schwarzbieren are similar and are also favorites...when I can get them these days.

[sigh]

I really need a European vacation.

I'm a big fan of the Brooklyn, the Sammy Smith Oatmeal and the Young's Chocolate stouts. Some not mentioned that I also enjoy are Mackeson, (a sweeter stout) and Broughton Ale's Kinmount Willie Oatmeal Stout.

Since everyone else has been cheating, putting porters, Guinness, etc... I'm going to have to go with Kilkenny, it's actually an amber, but if you're not holding it up to the light, it's just as dark and creamy as a guinness or murphy's millenium brew.

I am sorry but to me there is only one stout and you say not to mention it. :whistling: :thumbs: :D ;)

Brooklyn Black Chocolate(Must be at least a year old)
Rouge Chocolate Stout
Youngs Double
Any good oatmeal stout

Seamus said:
Brooklyn Black Chocolate(Must be at least a year old)
Rouge Chocolate Stout
Youngs Double
Any good oatmeal stout
[snapback]207938[/snapback]​

Is that Rouge hard to come by?

I just recently had LaGunitas( I think that's how you spell it) Cappucino Stout, very nice!!
The Czar
Stone Russian Imp Stout
In fact,I didn't see one that you guys listed that I didn't like!! :p Oh, New Holland's The Poet, nice brew there too!! Last, I have sent HB on a number of occasions through both UPS and Fed X with no prob!!

PetersCreek said:
In addition to the previously-mentioned Sam Smith and Obsidian stouts, I enjoy the Alaskan Brewing Co. Oatmeal Stout.

Although not classified as stouts, various German Schwarzbieren are similar and are also favorites...when I can get them these days.

[sigh]

I really need a European vacation.
[snapback]200746[/snapback]​

I'm on a permanent european vacation lol come visit me some time :thumbs:

As far as Schwarzbier goes... Mönchshof has one of the best. but the taste is too different to compare it to stout, stout is very "heavy" compared to all the dunkle/schwarz biers.

I had Yeungling Porter while back home and it was darn good.

I have to break ranks, but I prefer Young's Oatmeal stout over Sam Smith's (did a tasting in class ... more people preferred the Smith's though). As previously noted, Alesmith and Stone make fantastic Imperial Russian stouts as does Sam Smith.